KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Receiving gifts not on my list

[Post New]by KayteCat on May 12, 15 6:25 AM
Has anyone else had this happen where they receive gifts that are not on their current list from one of their friends? Whenever I get a gift from one particular friend, it is a gift that was on my list several months ago.

I hadn't received any gifts from this friend for several weeks, and when I did it was for gifts I had requested those several weeks ago, and then I was getting that same gift each time s/he gave, like it was a backlog of delayed gifts.

I just got one from this friend again yesterday.

I now have 31 wreaths of justice. Okay, I have a lot more harpy feathers, chains of blood rubies, vampire palms, celestial pendants, and signs of steadfast faith, but I actually USE wreaths of justice, so to have that many tells you how many of this gift I have gotten over the past few months, despite it not being on my request list.

So, anyone else had this happen? Anyone need Wreaths of Justice (or any of the other abundant things I listed above (grin))?

Minerva
i1137450

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Receiving gifts not on my list

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 12, 15 6:46 AM
KayteCat - You would probably do better by sending an inquiry to Customer Support. Be sure to include your Player ID and the Player ID of the friend in question. This will help the Tech Support people take a look at both games to figure out what is happening. The devs may have to delve into this, so it may take a bit more time than usual.

I hope the folks in Tech Support can resolve this for you. They are usually successful even if it takes awhile.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 12, 15 7:11 AM
KayteCat, I haven't received gifts not on my wishlist BUT I clicked on a gift to send to a friend, and when the card turned around, it had sent a completely different gift that wasn't even on her wishlist. This has happened a couple of times.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on May 12, 15 8:36 AM
I've experienced a Gifting Glitch as well. One of my MC Friends and I talk on the phone several times per day. We definitely see this happen after we change an item (or items) in our Wishlists and try to send each other Gifts ~ the change is NOT immediately reflected on what our Friends see and can Gift. Must be server lag. And often what we show we sent each other and the Gifts we actually received often do not match.

It's a bit tedious, but we found that we BOTH must exit/enter our games for the changed item(s) to appear on the Friend's view of our respective Wishlists every time either one of us makes a change. We each have 3 Castles going.

SHEESH!!! At least we figured out a workaround for this issue

XXOO ~ Dhyani

I should add we play on PC.

Edited on 05/12/2015 at 10:31:36 AM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on May 12, 15 8:44 AM
Strange isn't it I wrote a post just yesterday saying that sometimes when I send a gift the picture they show of the gift sent is not the same as the one I have actually sent a few others seem to have similar problems

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on May 12, 15 10:21 AM
A few times I've had friends wish lists showing 6 items instead of 4. I would imagine that some of those items were old wishes and some new. You must not be alone in this problem.

Dawn

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on May 12, 15 10:21 AM
karatopa wrote:Strange isn't it I wrote a post just yesterday saying that sometimes when I send a gift the picture they show of the gift sent is not the same as the one I have actually sent a few others seem to have similar problems

Yes, that has happened to me as well, but when I leave and return to the gifting area, it shows that I gave the correct gift.

The other gifting glitch happens (I think) because of time zones. If I give a gift one day, and then try to give the same player a gift just after midnight, it sends the gift, and then I see that I get it right back (I see the -gift, followed by a +gift). I think that happens when the person I am gifting to is a time zone (or more) away, so while I am entitled to GIVE a gift to her, she is not yet able to RECEIVE a gift, because to her iPad/iPhone, she is still on the same day as my last gift.

JoanJ53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by JoanJ53 on May 13, 15 3:24 PM
This also happens with text and multimedia msgs on my cellphone!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 13, 15 10:24 PM
I HAVE ONE FRIEND WHO HAS ONE OR ANOTHER OF 2 GIFTS ON HER LIST. I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THEM BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THEM IT SHOWS THAT IT WILL COST 0 DIAMONDS TO SEND IT SO I DO. I WONDER IF SHE IS REALLY ASKING FOR THEM. ONE IS A SCROLL WITH THE LETTERS D E V ACROSS IT. THE OTHER IS A RAISED STONE MOUNTED ON SOMETHING SQUARE. I HAVE YET TO CATCH WHAT THEY ARE CALLED. I DO HOPE IT IS SOMETHING SHE WANTS. SHE RARELY ASKES FOR ANYTHING.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 13, 15 10:35 PM
KayteCat wrote:
karatopa wrote:Strange isn't it I wrote a post just yesterday saying that sometimes when I send a gift the picture they show of the gift sent is not the same as the one I have actually sent a few others seem to have similar problems

Yes, that has happened to me as well, but when I leave and return to the gifting area, it shows that I gave the correct gift.

The other gifting glitch happens (I think) because of time zones. If I give a gift one day, and then try to give the same player a gift just after midnight, it sends the gift, and then I see that I get it right back (I see the -gift, followed by a +gift). I think that happens when the person I am gifting to is a time zone (or more) away, so while I am entitled to GIVE a gift to her, she is not yet able to RECEIVE a gift, because to her iPad/iPhone, she is still on the same day as my last gift.

KayteCat,

You can only gift the same person in a 24 hour period, the gifting time slot are midnight to 8am, 8am to 4pm and 4pm to midnight, if you gifted in the 4pm to midnight cycle you can only gift that person in the same cycle the next time,

Hope this has helped,

AG1

[Post New]by The13Cobra on May 14, 15 4:45 AM
If you are receiving gifts not in you list believe me it's nothing they can do about if you email them.

I have 2 accounts for midnight castle one on my iPad which I'm experience the blue dot and stuck on level 26 and the other level 9 on my iPhone with no problem so far, I have the same friends in both accounts, but in my iPad with the blue dot my friends achievement didn't change they are frozen in level and same gifts. Looking in my iPhone I see they are up in levels different pictures and different wish list. I feel bad sending them gifts they no longer need and my new account low in level I don't have what they need.

The game is great but need a lot of fixing .

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 14, 15 9:13 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:KayteCat, I haven't received gifts not on my wishlist BUT I clicked on a gift to send to a friend, and when the card turned around, it had sent a completely different gift that wasn't even on her wishlist. This has happened a couple of times.

Glad im not the only one, this has happened to me a couple of times now.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 14, 15 2:47 PM
This just happened to me as well..Clicked on a Xmas card and it gave my friend a lantern.. They don't have a lantern on the wish list..Also, gave out the wrong pet food...I just noticed this problem happening today..

Go to: