jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

HELP - - Build-a-lot 2:Town of the Year - Level 34

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jun 22, 09 1:22 PM
Could someone please give me some tips on getting through Level 34? I have reached the point of compulsive desperation!!!

I have been working on it now for several days and stayed up all night last night, took a nap and am back at it.

I start out building the workshop, moving 100 materials over and hiring 2 more workers to make the 7 needed to build a Villa. I build the Villa, make one upgrade (because that's all the money I have), sell it immediately. I then build two palaces, upgrading one immediately and selling it. I then upgrade the second one. This gives me some cash flow. I put in a recycling plant and a garden center, build either grand park or zen park between them and a store, usually the Coffee Shop or the Cafe. I then put in a play park between a couple of my houses, demolish all the bungalows and build whatever I am short on the screen as far as reaching my goal of 3 palaces, 3 moderns and 3 Villas. I seem to be able to only get up to 210 and run out of time as far as purchasing the properties I don't own to be painted, etc. It's usually the palaces that I don't seem to have enough money to purchase. Can't figure out if I'm doing too much in one area or just not doing it the right way. I've tried moving the parks, trying different stores, putting different houses in different areas, not demolishing the little houses, just painting, upgrading them and them selling them off.

Any suggestions?!?!? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Re:HELP - - Build-a-lot 2:Town of the Year - Level 34

[Post New]by dodiema on Jun 25, 09 8:29 PM
Get a modern up, let it collect rent while you build the recycle center. get some materials, build another one. upgrade one and get the workshop going. **Plan on demo-ing these 2 buildings later, closer to the end when all you need is the appeal. So position them where you could build a grand park as soon as you demo them. But that comes at the end. Keep upgrading one of the moderns till its 3 star. sell it. your other one is still collecting rent. with the sale money, get 5000 material units, buy 2 sets of 3 workers and build the palace. That's big rent. you should now have enough mat. left to build another modern and keep upgrading as you can. it worked well for me to build the palaces asap bc they bring in $$ and open options. I didn't use any shops and i ended up with about 4 grand parks. Oh, and I bought up every small house i could and demo'd that as well and built bigger on the property. Demolishing gives you materials back, that helps. the garden center too and landscaped everything. this is a busy level and is easy to loose focus. I found demolishing the workshop and recycle center (only after stocking ujp on workers and materials) then building the parks was key.
It took me two weeks to get past this one and I was up till 2am at least once. It was a nightmare.
Now, I'm working on getting gold stars on every level.

[Post New]by dodiema on Jun 25, 09 8:33 PM
one more thing, don't buy back anything you sold, instead buy the small stuff and put bigger houses on it. so be careful with how much you sell and where its located and if it has complete appeal.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jul 8, 09 7:17 PM
Thanks so much for your help! Finally got it and bought Build-a-lot 3. Didn't know about the blue ribbon stuff until recently so I've got almost a whole 2 games to go back through.

They are so much fun, can't wait for 4!!!

JulieF9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JulieF9 on Jul 29, 09 11:23 PM
Here are my tips. Build the Recycle Centre first so that you can buy cheap materials. As soon as that is built build a Modern and sell it as soon as the first rent comes thru. Buy only enough materials then to build the Workshop. Once the Modern is sold you can upgrade the Workshop to Lightening which makes everything get built faster, then buy two more workers and enough materials to build the Villa. You will also need to get the workers and materials needed for the palaces asap and get them built and upgraded, so you may need to sell the Villa for enough cash.

I also try to get the Business Centre and at least two cafes built as soon as possible. This brings in a steady amount of good cash to finance the rest of the buildings. I place extra cafes in the spots where I want to build the parks later. You need to keep an eye on the time though so that you can demolish the cafes in time to build the parks. You will need 5 parks to get the appeal you need and if you use Grand Parks you won't have to paint and landscape all the houses.

One thing that is very helpful is to scan the town at the beginning and know where you are going to build everything from the start. I build the Recycle Centre, Workshop, Garden centre, Business Centre and 3 cafes all on the one row, leaving two rows for the houses and parks. Don't be afraid to have to demolish a palace if it is in the same row that you are building the 'industrial' stuff, if it works out that that row is the best for them. You can start building palaces pretty early to replace the disposable ones.

By following those tips I have not only managed to complete the level, but also to get the star. I hope others find these tips helpful.

Edited on 07/29/2009 at 11:29:47 PM PST

Go to: