Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 14, 15 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 6:35:11 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 14, 15 3:38 AM
Slowwww... I had to click on mostly everything twice to finally get that particular scene to open. No smooth gameplay thus..
Windows7, 64 bits

edit; after reinstalling the game went a bit smoother. but didn't like the game, so, in spite of a better working cursor, I will pass

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 5:34:56 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by 9otters on May 14, 15 4:49 AM
I'm with shelterhill.

Seems to have a sticky, skippy cursor that certainly did nothing for the clunky mechanics.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 14, 15 6:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 14, 15 9:01 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:opened SG to see just what the collectibles were and it froze the game.

I did the same and thought the game had frozen; I was looking at the close-up of where the collectibles were at the time. Clicked on the X to close the page and no response but if you click on the close-up of the collectibles first, then you can close the SG.

Hope this makes sense!

sga62
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Cannot continue game

[Post New]by sga62 on May 14, 15 9:32 AM
I am in the forest and was supposed to get the third mechanism part as well as powder after playing the matching game in the tree by the tree house. I did not receive these objects. I have used the hint and am told there is nothing to do in any area. I cannot continue the game. I think this may be a tech issue/glitch in the game.

Using pc

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 9:36:57 AM PST

feegee
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by feegee on May 14, 15 10:48 AM
In the house fire, every time I get to the steps and throw water---from the vase---on them, the game boots me out. Windows 7 premium edition....

[Post New]by sydken on May 14, 15 11:42 AM
Can anybody throw the water on the stairs in the house.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 14, 15 1:10 PM
Game has frozen on me multiple times. Not much fun when you can't play without having to bring up the task manager. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and if that doesn't work, I want a refund.

Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by 4120 on May 14, 15 1:10 PM
The magnifying glass part the stupid think kept saying need a magnifying glass so I put the mag on the box and never worked

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 14, 15 6:51 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:opened SG to see just what the collectibles were and it froze the game.

I did the same and thought the game had frozen; I was looking at the close-up of where the collectibles were at the time. Clicked on the X to close the page and no response but if you click on the close-up of the collectibles first, then you can close the SG.

Hope this makes sense!

I had the same problem and originally thought the game froze but I also clicked back on the close-up and it responded.
Also, when I finished the demo and clicked it, it booted me out with an access error violation.

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 6:53:25 PM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 14, 15 7:24 PM
I've had it with this game! Not only does it freeze up and you can't play, but I just got an access error and the game shut down! Why is this new ownership willing to put out so many games with so many glitches. Didn't used to have that problem!

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on May 14, 15 7:54 PM
Well...I was almost ready to buy it ,BUT, and this is very big BUT , it finished the game with "access violation" ,so not in this lifetime . It is not the first time . Window 8.1 ,everything up to date .

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on May 15, 15 5:28 AM
Mine was fine until the about halfway through then closed itself down and that was that, can't get any further. Am getting rather fed up of these games breaking down. I use a mac, regularly clean up and debug and they just seem to get worse. My computer man says the mac is running fine it's the games systems at fault. Perhaps BFG should thoroughly test these games before putting them up for sale.

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on May 15, 15 2:12 PM
Fortunately, I very rarely if ever have any technical issues with BigFish games but on this one I did. Tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

I'm playing on a Dell XPS, Windows 7. Got this error code:

Error Access violation at 0x0046CE08 (tried to write to 0x00090BB8), program terminated.

ETA: I realize this issue is usually related to not having driver updates installed. Everything is up to date.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 8:43:23 AM PST

[Post New]by lilbelle on May 15, 15 4:54 PM
I have windows 8.1 and I downloaded the trial twice and both times it said error downloading at the end, so I gave up.

Edited on 05/15/2015 at 5:58:30 PM PST

[Post New]by gailhamilton46 on May 15, 15 10:06 PM
I have the same problem as another player posted with the piano - I only get 3 notes. Have tried the cheat from the guide but doesn't get me past it! Frustrating! This is the first game in a long time that I want my money back on!!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on May 16, 15 4:12 AM
9otters wrote:I'm with shelterhill.

Seems to have a sticky, skippy cursor that certainly did nothing for the clunky mechanics.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I have played the beta version of this game about two weeks ago, and I have pointed out this tech problem to the dvlps, as well as the difficulty to see the items in the HOS, I thought the would fix it before to realese the game, but I guess not! I don't undurstand why the make us to test the beta version if than they don't care to fix the glithes or else? Overall my rate on the beta version was barely a 4

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpm604 on May 16, 15 8:08 AM
When I get to the pier, I can't click on anything... not even the hint. Everything feezes up. I have to control/alt/delete to get out of the game. I looked for the update like the update post says and it says no updates. If this can't be fixed I'd like a refund or a free collectors addition. But I really want to play Sable Maze!!!

PeterJKH
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PeterJKH on May 17, 15 5:34 AM
Loved the game and had no problems playing it. However... I finished the main game and want to play the bonus chapter now. It does allow me to collect items, but... the inventory does not show, nor does any other feature that is supposed to be at the bottom of the screen. So... I am not able to play the bonus chapter. What is the problem and, more important, how do I solve this?

Go to: