bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Heart's Medicine: Season One here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 14, 15 10:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Heart's Medicine: Season One here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Heart's Medicine: Season One.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

yolanded
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Heart's Medicine: Season One here

[Post New]by yolanded on May 14, 15 12:55 PM
This game came out a long time ago but is still very good, has a beautiful story of a nurse in a small hospital full of many small funny stories and sad, the gameplay changes often in different parts of the hospital.

it would take more games like this.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 15, 15 2:40 AM
OH! Finally. I was beginning to think something was wrong here. I bought this game about a week ago, give or take a day & there had been no forum all this time.

I played the game & I found it very exciting, emotional & in-depth, albeit very short. Even if I go back & try to complete every little detail, it still would be a bit short.

My biggest concern is that I read somewhere that Heart's Medicine Season One came out a long time ago & as of yet there has been no sequel. That could really aggravate me but lets hope one does come out soon-ish.

The character development in this game was really something else. I found myself thinking about how the only other time I really liked the people in a game so much was with the Emily (Delicious) series & then lo & behold! I find out that both are made by the same people.

I highly Highly recommend all of the games made by these guys, even more so than any other series that you will find here on BFG.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on May 22, 15 9:17 AM
I'm wondering if there aren't a lot of reviews on this game as there may not be a lot of people who even know about it. When did this game come out? I accidentally came upon it when I went into the time management games looking for something. I almost never go there because I have most of them, but I'm glad I did because I found this delightful game. Cute storyline, fun gameplay, little difficult and well worth buying. I was all-in when I found out it was from the same people who made the Delicious Emily series. The one concern I have is how did I miss this? I wish there was a way to let everyone know it is here.

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on May 29, 15 11:39 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It can be a little hard to complete a level, but I like a decent challenge.

My only complaint is: the game is too short! It should have have had at least 3 or 4 more doctors to work with.

I hope the developers plan to come out with a Season Two in the near future!

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Jun 4, 15 3:11 PM
I'm hesitant to buy this because I keep seeing posts about it being too short. How many levels are there?

It's a cute game...very reminiscent of the Emily games which I love. It can get tricky at times so don't click the tutorial bubbles too fast!!

As far as Season 2 goes, I did a quick google and folks were asking for Season two as long ago as 2011!!

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on Jul 16, 15 8:11 AM
Not impressed, did not find this an enjoyable game. To me it was not worth buying.
I'm not a novice with time management games and found this very mediocre. My recommendation is not to purchase.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jul 28, 15 12:58 AM
I actually played the ENTIRE game so my opinion is based on the whole gameplay experience and not just a small portion of it. Unlike some people. I just wish that BF had more stringent requirements for posting reviews. I mean how can anyone adequately judge a game they only played 5 minutes.

I enjoyed playing Heart's Medicine as much as I enjoy the Delicious series of games. The story was just as interesting as any of the "Emily" storylines. Also, not only were the individual levels unique and challenging enough that I wanted to learn the strategy to beat them but I had fun doing so. I only wish there was a Season 2 available to play. Come on devs, it has been five years already!

I will end with my belief that the developers of Heart's Medicine make some of the best Time Management games out there. The storytelling and gameplay mechanics make their games so entertaining that I often replay them. And, I hardly ever replay games.

Edited on 08/19/2015 at 9:05:36 AM PST

[Post New]by brkaquay on Jul 29, 15 1:25 PM
As I thought..."This game is really to short". I thought it was me. I played it 1/2 day and was done....between each doctor, the game only lasted a minute.
It's certainly not worth the $$.

Please refund us all or come with more...I love playing Medicine, doctor-ish type of games. I don't see very many games like this....Please enthused us with what we like and buying!!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 7, 15 10:11 AM
bookwriter wrote:I'm wondering if there aren't a lot of reviews on this game as there may not be a lot of people who even know about it. When did this game come out? I accidentally came upon it when I went into the time management games looking for something. I almost never go there because I have most of them, but I'm glad I did because I found this delightful game. Cute storyline, fun gameplay, little difficult and well worth buying. I was all-in when I found out it was from the same people who made the Delicious Emily series. The one concern I have is how did I miss this? I wish there was a way to let everyone know it is here.

Not to obsess, but the reason for this is because its not the same as 300, 500, 700 other games: e.g. a spooky hidden object adventure game with a length of maybe 3 hours. People who have become accustomed to those lower standards no longer even realize that there's a whole world of PC & Mac games out there which last dozens or even hundreds of hours...and even better - have unique premises. Sad...

Go to: