bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Campfire Legends: The Hookman here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 14, 15 10:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Campfire Legends: The Hookman here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Campfire Legends: The Hookman.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Campfire Legends: The Hookman here

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 14, 15 10:24 AM
Well, I did the trial and uninstalled right afterwards. I like a challenge as much as the next player, and I was moving along well enough until I got to that blasted fuse box puzzle. The hint system consists of you earning them by finding fireflies that look more like beetles. They could be anywhere in any scene but are soooo hard to find at times. And to be able to skip any puzzles, you have to unlock three different areas of the "skip" by finding multiples of said fireflies to do each "unlock". The developer made this "casual" game far more complicated than it should be. There are a few scares in the trial hour which I would've loved seeing throughout the game but being stuck in one place for so long with the fuse box just turned me off wanting to play more. I'm an experienced gamer so I'm not complaining to those who love this kind of gameplay. I've played other games where you have to earn your hints so it's not that. It's that you have to have so many fireflies collected for each of the three areas before you can skip the puzzle at all. This slows down the gameplay considerably and, for this gamer anyway, just made me annoyed because it kept me from learning more about the story so it is a "no buy" for me.

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 10:26:46 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Campfire Legends: The Hookman here

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 15 2:37 AM
I thought the fuse box puzzle was pretty simple. There is a note next to it that explain how to do it - if I remember correctly.

I bought this game eons ago, when it first came out. It's the only game I never want to replay all the way through because it scared the hell out of me. I screamed (the cat) when I played the game the first time, and when I downloaded the demo from here not so long ago, I screamed again (had forgotten about the cat).

This is one game where I rather hold my hands in front of my face while searching the scenes (like I do when I watch a really frightening scene in a horror movie). And I am not sure this game is good for my blood pressure either. LOL

I thought the fireflies looked like snails, and they are a little hard to find. But once you know what you are looking for, they are easy enough to spot. Also, they reappear in the scenes where you have found them before, so you never run out of them.

This is definitely a game with a difference. Scary, and not one of those easy HOGs you can just glide through either.

Go to: