Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Slider puzzles

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on May 14, 15 3:16 PM
Hello all! To anyone seeking help with slider puzzles ( I saw other game forums have a multitude of people having difficulty as well, so this is for you as well ) know that I also used to be frustrated and upset with sliders as well, but found a way that helps most everyone, even children.

Think of the puzzle piece as a train that has to add cars. Do the top row. That gives you a base to start with. If it is a large puzzle, do the second and even third row as well. Then manipulate the pieces in snaking lines in the order you need to complete it.

When you watch a train add cars, note that is "picks up" the next car from different areas. Move the puzzle pieces in circles along the outside, moving the snake forward or back as needed, until you can "latch onto " the next required piece.

That has helped me do even the largest and most difficult of puzzles! As we all learn differently. if this did not help you, try Google or other people's methods in this forum post:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/254804.page#5569638

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 3:18:58 PM PST

Re:Slider puzzles

[Post New]by rahaeli on May 15, 15 9:13 PM
I usually get fed up enough to plug the current state of the board into a slider puzzle solver after a bit if I can't get it. Search Google for "sliding block puzzle solver" should give you the one I use as a top hit. (Links not permitted on forum, yadda.)

Go to: