MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Shame File for greedy Auctioneers...

[Post New]by MagentaRose on May 14, 15 5:08 PM
The selling price some of the Sellers ask for is outrageous. I just hope nobody buys from them. I prefer to help other gamers. Thankfully there are many kind gamers who sell at a reasonable price.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Shame File for greedy Auctioneers...

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 14, 15 6:25 PM
MagentaRose wrote:The selling price some of the Sellers ask for is outrageous. I just hope nobody buys from them. I prefer to help other gamers. Thankfully there are many kind gamers who sell at a reasonable price.

The thing that upsets me is that the greedy sellers buy the lesser priced items then resell them at the outrageous prices. How can a new player even have a chance with these rude tactics.

Not long ago I got out bid by one of these players. When I checked, they had multiple bids on lower priced items and had the same items auctioned at the higher prices.

My opinion - if you don't "need" it then leave it for some one to bid on that does need it.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

Re:Shame File for greedy Auctioneers...

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 14, 15 8:02 PM
I POSTED THE SAME THING LAST YEAR. AND WAS TOLD TO SHUT UP IT IS HOW AN AUCTION WORKS IN THE REAL WORLD. I USED TO GO TO AUCTIONS AND NONE OF THEM WERE AS BAD AS THIS ONE. SOMEPLAYERS ARE GREEDY THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PUT IT. THEY SEEM TO WANT TO OWN ALL THE RESOURCES. ME I JUST WANT WHAT I NEED. AND WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO GET ONE OR TWO IF I NEED IT FOR A QUEST BUT AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I DID NOT COMPLETE YARA'S QUEST BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN MORE COIN THAN I HAVE TO GET THE RESOURCES REQUESTED. SO NOW NOT ONLY ARE THEY GREEDY THEY ARE KEEPING OTHERS FROM ENJOYING THE GAME.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 14, 15 8:47 PM
I'M SORRY CHARLIE THAT SOMEONE HAD TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP. HOW RUDE !

BEING OUT BID IN AN AUCTION IS ONE THING AND HOW AUCTIONS WORK. SOMEONE PRICES AN ITEM AT A PRICE THEY THINK IT'S WORTH, SOMEONE BIDS, OTHERS OUT BID UNTIL THE HIGHEST PRICE ANYONE IS WILLING TO PAY HAS BEEN REACHED AND THE AUCTION HAS ENDED.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL SIT ON THE BID BUTTON UNTIL THE LAST SECOND TO **** THE ITEM AND THAT IS A NORMAL THING THAT OCCURS DURING AUCTIONS. WHILE IRRITATING IF YOU'RE THE ONE OUT BID IT IS STILL CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE STRATEGY.

BUT IN A GAME WHERE PLAYERS AUCTION ITEMS THAT ARE IN HIGH DEMAND AT PRICES MUCH HIGHER THAN THEY ARE WORTH, BUY OUT LOWER PRICED ITEMS AND EVEN SCALP THEM DURING THE LAST SECONDS OF THE AUCTION JUST TO RESELL THEM AT EXHORBERANT PRICES IS JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE AND IS DISHONEST PRACTICES.

I ENDED UP STAYING AWAY FROM THE AUCTIONS AND TAKE THE TIME TO WAIT FOR ENERGY RENGENERATION AND PLAY THE HOS SINCE I NEVER HAD ENOUGH TO BID ON THESE ITEMS. IT WAS MORE FRUSTRATING BUT AT LEAST I WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE QUESTS. I SAVED MY FOOD FOR THE TIMED EVENT QUESTS IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THEM.

To anyone who thinks I'm yelling - I'm not. Charlie can see the screen better when in all caps.

Silver Hawk

Tabby100
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Tabby100 on May 14, 15 10:43 PM
I don't like it either! I've been posting prices after I've seen what said item is selling for, then I cut it down. Nothing has been returned to my inventory, so I must be doing something right!

dippylea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dippylea on May 15, 15 7:20 AM
I agree with you guys ~ can't understand why some people are so greedy, tis only a game. I do the same as you Tabby 100. I always check the asking prices then put my items in at a lower amount. P.S I've done this in giant for Charlie

bronwyne55
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by bronwyne55 on May 15, 15 7:38 AM
dippylea wrote:I agree with you guys ~ can't understand why some people are so greedy, tis only a game. I do the same as you Tabby 100. I always check the asking prices then put my items in at a lower amount. P.S I've done this in giant for Charlie

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on May 15, 15 11:27 PM
charlieisr wrote:I POSTED THE SAME THING LAST YEAR. AND WAS TOLD TO SHUT UP IT IS HOW AN AUCTION WORKS IN THE REAL WORLD.

The rude person that said that obviously didn't realize that these Auctions are in the "Game World" where most gamers are happy to help one another which in turn makes the game more enjoyable. I just feel sorry for new players that buy from them since bolgins/gold/coins take a long time to accumulate.

[Post New]by mrswilson2ca on May 16, 15 11:41 AM
I don't really understand the point of auctioning items. Aren't all the items found in an HOS? At the most an HOS scene costs 170 and I've discovered that it will usually take up to 5 plays to receive a rare item. 170 x 5 = 850. I would need to be really desperate to pay what some people are asking!! I'm guessing they want to build up their coin, but you do that when you play the HOS scenes too.

Thinking about it, I kind of get why some people would rather buy then play the HOS scenes. Especially when the quest wants 10 of something, meaning you need to play a certain HOS at least 10 times. The additional bonus of playing would be the other items that you get. They build up your collections and some can be cashed in for coin.

In the real world people who put a high value on stuff they want to get rid of, end up not selling it.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 17, 15 10:32 AM
THANK YOU, EVERYONE IT WAS SO EASY TO SEE MOST OF THE POSTS. I ONLY BUY FROM THE AUCTION IF I AM DESPERATE FOR ONE OR TWO ITEMS. I WILL SOMETIMES BID AN ITEM BUT I BID WHAT I THINK IT IS WORTH TO ME. IF I GET OK, IF I AM OUT BID NO PROBLEM. I WILL DO A BUY OUT ON ONE IF IT IS REASONABLE. THE VERY HIGH PRICES ARE GOUGING THEY ARE SCALPING THE REST OF THE PLAYERS. THIS IS A GAME NOT THE REAL WORLD. AND THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BE FRIENDS. I THINK NOT. FRIENDS DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FRIENDS.

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on May 17, 15 9:49 PM
l have been selling my items now for several week at greatly reduced prices. At first I noticed that the main bidders were the 'serial bidders'. But I persisted and now others have joined my pursuit in reducing the prices so Thank You to all for helping.
It would be great if the auctions allow us to submit a number of items we wished to auction, rather than listing every item individually.
Lets keep up bringing down the prices

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 18, 15 2:28 PM
Great News!! No need to worry about the auction sharks any longer!

dutch_piwi
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dutch_piwi on May 19, 15 10:50 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Great News!! No need to worry about the auction sharks any longer!

You mean because the game has ended, there's no use for 'auction sharks' - what will they do with all the money?

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on May 20, 15 1:28 AM
dutch_piwi wrote:
You mean because the game has ended, there's no use for 'auction sharks' - what will they do with all the money?

sit all alone with their bolgins dutch_piwi

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on May 20, 15 6:25 AM
And count them, over and over, like Scrooge! Or Midas!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 20, 15 1:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that many of those who've commented here are of the opinion that other players auction their items at unfair prices. While everyone is entitled to share their views on auction practices, I do want to remind everyone that we need to stay within the Forum Rules if this thread is to remain open, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

You can definitely share your feelings here, but this is just a reminder to refrain from naming or alluding to specific players.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 1:28:39 PM PST

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on May 21, 15 5:07 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

I understand that many of those who've commented here are of the opinion that other players auction their items at unfair prices. While everyone is entitled to share their views on auction practices, I do want to remind everyone that we need to stay within the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> if this thread is to remain open, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

You can definitely share your feelings here, but this is just a reminder to refrain from naming or alluding to specific players.

bfgWaimea

You tell us to treat others with respect, we the players were not given any respect in regards to the way this game was dumped.
perhaps on ending a game with such a huge following a final update could have been offered letting the players know that this is the final update in this game, but no!!! We were lied to, left hanging and months after being told an update is coming, amuse yourself in a thread to pass the time while an update arrive. The final update would have made to blow to a great game a little softer

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 22, 15 10:57 AM
NO ONE MENTIONED ANY NAMES. IT WAS JUST A GENERAL STATEMENT ABOUT SHARKS. WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE THERE. I JUST MAKE A LIST OF THE WORST AND WILL NOT BUY OR BID ON THERE OFFERINGS.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 22, 15 11:38 AM
Hi sthrightwhale,

We appreciate and understand the position of the players who feel stranded in this game with no closure. As I'm sure you all know, the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have any say regarding any developments for these games. We can only share the information that's been made available to us and to pass any feedback from the Forums to the appropriate teams. While the decision for Awakening Kingdoms and Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' have been finalized, we will continue to share the feedback that you've all taken the time to post here.

It may come across as tedious, but the Moderation Team must continue to function within our assigned role regardless of any game developments, positive or negative. Keeping within the Forum Rules ultimately helps us to maintain the order that is necessary for us to continue to provide these Forums for your use.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 11:40:53 AM PST

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on May 23, 15 4:27 PM
A couple of months back, I was listing items for the "Lowers" and saw them getting snatched up by sharks. Some don't even wait a few days to relist them at usually double the price. Makes me rethink my trying to help. Such a shame.

Go to: