Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 15, 15 1:15 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/15/2015 at 6:00:32 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 15, 15 6:00 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 15, 15 6:21 AM
The CE of this game,had 5 pages of tech problems.Have they carried over to the SE ?

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on May 15, 15 6:54 AM
No, I don't think so. I really wanted to play this game and for the sake of tech issues waited for the SE. Today it is out and I bought it and played without problems up to half of the game. It is a shame that there was no corrective update for the CE, as this is a good game!

I can recommend the SE so far.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on May 15, 15 3:18 PM
Well I don't think the problems have been resolved - still have 63 minutes left to play of the demo and the game keeps closing ("stopped working" is the message). I uninstalled and then re-installed and it played for a while but then stopped again and every time I press play, it stops.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on May 15, 15 7:48 PM
The CE version of this game didn't work for me so I was hoping the SE would work but nope, Same problems as the CE version. Oh well. It looks like a good game but I won't know cause I can't play it.

[Post New]by pisces3959 on May 16, 15 2:22 PM
I finished the demo and then bought the game. When I installed it, it said my profile had been corrupted, and I had to create a new one. Not that big of a deal I guess, but have never had that happen before

[Post New]by organistdm on May 16, 15 5:44 PM
I have played for about 2 1/2 hours under two different user names. As soon as I finish the magic ice cube and open the box with the teddy bear, it freezes up. I am playing under Windows 7 with AMD 1.6 Ghz processor, 6 GB RAM and a 64-bit system.

Any help would be appreciated, I'd really like to finish the game.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on May 17, 15 8:41 AM
I played for about 2 hours and after the magic ice cube the game aborts. I have Windows 8 with plenty of ram and 64 bit. I am disappointed!!!!

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on May 18, 15 2:19 PM
I'm also being crashed out after the ice cube.

The sad thing is I waited and bought the SE version simply because I am so fed up of demo's having tech problems. I also have Windows 8 and dual drive so no problems there. Who knows how long it will be before the issue a new version?

I really am getting to the stage where I am going to by-pass BF, ( and I have been a member for many many years and bought countless games from) as this is the 3rd game in the last 2 weeks I have been unable to play. What's the point of paying monthly fees if I can't trust the so called virus free and beta tested games I buy.

modom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by modom on May 18, 15 3:20 PM
When I reach the scene with the office, I only get about a quarter of the picture on the screen and cannot click on where I need to go. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the problem.

[Post New]by mymetime on May 18, 15 9:36 PM
I'm having the same problem in Benjamin's Study - has anyone figured it out yet??

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on May 19, 15 1:36 PM
modom wrote:When I reach the scene with the office, I only get about a quarter of the picture on the screen and cannot click on where I need to go. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the problem.

Same here! I played the demo and REALLY liked the game, then in Benjamin's office the entire scene disappears except for about 1/4 of it up in the top left corner of my monitor and you can NOT drag, click, or do ANYTHING with the scene and that is the only place with an objective that can allow you to move forward do I just bought a game that I can NOT play.

VERY disappointed!! Please fix or credit game!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 19, 15 1:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues with this game, including game crashes. We'll definitely pass these issues along to the developer.

In the meantime, the following help article may be useful:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can also help with replacing the game if needed.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on May 20, 15 3:56 PM
I too am having problems with the SE. Now I get the message that it has stopped working. Windows 8. Installed it on the May 17. Disappointed that it happened when I am almost finished. Like planned to die.

Rosy2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Rosy2 on May 20, 15 8:10 PM
I've also had the problem in the study. Am not able to go any further. Help!!!

[Post New]by boyer97873 on May 20, 15 11:25 PM
only small screen in study,can't finish game,!!!!do something please.

hjulgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hjulgirl on May 21, 15 6:58 AM
I'm also having problems with the small screen in the study room. Any solution?????

[Post New]by GingerNutGirl on May 23, 15 7:39 AM
Me too. Small little screen in the study - hint says to go somewhere to the bottom right hand corner, which I can't see. There needs to be a fix for this, there are too many people having the same error, it can't be our computers as we have different operating systems, providing a tech support solution is not the answer. It's not our computers, the rest of the game plays fine until this one little section, there's a bug, please get a fix for it. Otherwise, I would be requesting a refund.

[Post New]by Twinkiii on May 24, 15 8:35 AM
for god sake, me too!! stuck in the office, only quarter of the screen, cant move on, sent a letter to them, but no one reply me back yet

Go to: