[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 15, 15 1:17 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/15/2015 at 6:00:46 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 15, 15 6:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 15, 15 8:01 AM
Why does this game not have any sound?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 15, 15 7:26 PM
Hi all. Well, I gave the SE version a try and found that I liked it much better than the CE. I did not feel this game was CE worthy, and still don't, but makes a nice SE, based on the following CE review:

"As always, I review on the game play and not the story, as others have already done a very good job on that end. I thought we were finished with these blues and pinks all over the place. Very tiring on the eyes. Animation was pretty good, although not that much of it. The graphics were somewhat blurry, especially when you were in the "glass breaking" mode and the screen was jumping all over the place. Did not care for that at all. Too much broken glass for me, but fortunately you could skip it. Careful doing this, as you sometimes have conversations with the people behind the glass. Otherwise, graphics weren't too bad. Game play was good, but lagged a bit between scenes. Had no problem with the demo at all. Music wasn't too bad, a bit soothing actually. Voice overs were quite boring to me...no excitement, fear or emotion of any kind. Just reading from a script. You have a helper, a cat named Mr. Jenkins, who isn't used much so far and pretty much just sits in his corner bathing himself and doesn't seem to like being picked up.

HOPs were okay, with the standard interactive lists, silhouettes and a few puzzles thrown in. They were pretty simple and not too cluttered, but a couple of items made me think a minute before I found them. The puzzles, mostly story board type, were painfully easy, and a little boring. Hint system worked quite well and did transport you to further locations. The map was helpful as well, but is not pleasing to the eye.

The only collectibles I found are the coins used to upgrade Mr. Jenkin's room. Extremely disappointed in the lack of something more. By the end of the demo, I hadn't even spent a dime.

Needless to say, I felt that this game was pulled out of the closet and tossed in today. We have had a couple of really nice CE games lately, but this is not one of them. It isn't a bad game, just very simple, with no challenge or anything that made me want to run out and buy it to see what happens next. Due to the lack of excitement, challenge or collectibles, I really don't feel this one is CE worthy. Personally, I feel that a beginner may like this one, or someone who just wants a lazy day, no brainer kind of game. I do buy those occasionally, so I will put this one in my puddle for a "maybe" later with a "really" good buy, but probably only for the SE."

Yes, I used a PCC to get this game for my collection, as an SE.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 2, 15 1:44 PM
I remember playing the demo of the CE and did not like the game at all. But I had a coupon that would expire, so I gave the SE a chance.. And I absolutely love it. So happy that I got this one, enjoying it to the fullest on a rainy day in June...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 3, 15 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for their reviews on this particular game. I'm glad to hear that after giving it another chance shelterhill, you ended up enjoying it. Oh rainy days in June. We in Seattle definitely have a lot of that.

jdelbove, it may be helpful to reach out to our Technical Support Team in regards to the sound issue you are seeing. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you.

In the future, it is also recommended for technical issues to be placed in the appropriate technical thread. I'm going to include the link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection here

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 27, 15 4:13 PM
I enjoyed the game! I love the color scheme. I did have some tech difficulties from time to time, but managed to work around them, mostly by exiting the game and coming back in. The end seems to hint at a sequel. What do you other fishies think? I give the game 5 .

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Aug 23, 15 8:47 AM

I was really enjoying this game until it crashed. I was a long way into the game and looking forward to seeing how it ended. No such luck.

I saw that the CE had a lot of tech issue posts but thought that the problems would have been fixed otherwise why would Big Fish continue to sell the game as an SE,

How wrong could I be. I know I got a credit note from BF but why oh why did they sell a game they knew wouldn't work. That's just not on.

Go to: