Looking for opinion

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 15, 15 2:48 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has a specific location that gives out the handcuffs, gun, sabre, fire, wolf trap, etc. Sometimes I play different locations and use up all my energy but still don't score the needed item. Maybe one location is a little more generous than the others?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Looking for opinion

[Post New]by abarrett on May 15, 15 3:19 PM
When I click on "Find" for the handcuffs, sword, etc, I am usually taken to the Crime Scene location. You might also play the HOG scenes next to the dog that needs feeding, in the house where the dog is, and in the street scenes. I think that they also cost less energy than other locations.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 15, 15 5:36 PM
Thanks abarrett. I was just wondering if someone had better luck in a particular location. I know the "Find" takes you to the Crime Scene, but I don't seem to have any better luck there than anywhere else. I thought if enough players voiced their experience, maybe we could come up with a consensus for the best location to find those items.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on May 15, 15 5:55 PM
I have the best luck in Legran's house. There are some locations that are not at 5 stars yet and I also will get items from them faster than from the locations that have 5 stars. Just my experience.

Looking for opinion

[Post New]by Eli4059 on May 15, 15 11:38 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has a specific location that gives out the handcuffs, gun, sabre, fire, wolf trap, etc. Sometimes I play different locations and use up all my energy but still don't score the needed item. Maybe one location is a little more generous than the others?

Couple of things: One, I've noticed the locations with weather give more prizes you're looking for than the ones with clear skies. Clear skies give mostly just coins.

Two, many of the prizes can be found in the same location as where they're needed. For example, when the old man needs a coin, you can get it at his feet or on the food truck behind him.

Third, if you can't find the prize in one location quickly, move on. Think logically, too. If the cup is needed for the crazed daughter, try her location first. If not there, try the restaurant then the hotel. The blacksmiths usually has the trap for the wolf. The junk store has prizes, too.

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on May 16, 15 4:07 AM
Have you tried using a ring? For 30 minutes you have a 15% greater chance of finding objects. The fish fountain is 5% for 30 minutes.

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on May 16, 15 8:58 AM
I usually have the best luck finding items at places that don't have a long list of items to give out already. Currently, this is the laundry and the gendarmie for me. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong--eh, I'd call it the police station? ). I've used the ring and the fish fountain, and while they worked rather well at lower levels I'm not having as much luck now that my level is higher.

I don't think it matters if you find the items where they're needed, like the alleyway HOG for the medicine, but I've noticed those areas will generally list only the item you're looking for and nothing else. So using them is actually a fairly good bet when you want to find something. I just usually play whatever location I have a quest for as well, and it seems I find the item I need for the airship captains and the wolves/dark beings/bad guys before I find one for the quest I'm trying to complete.

I've noticed the screen before the game starts will list a percentage for your likelihood of finding something. I've never really remembered to check it, but I do recall one being at 35% for my current level. I don't know if it changes by your level or if it's the star rating of the HOG that matters, though. I haven't been paying attention again.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 16, 15 12:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I will definitely try some of them out to see if it makes finding those items easier. Loretta, I feel like such a dope. I completely forgot about using the ring. What a dope!!! Most of my HOSs are already maxed out, so I try to stay with the easier ones just to do these mind-numbing quests. But yesterday, I used all my energy on the last scene of the cafe and didn't get one object I needed. It was frustrating.

Like I said, I'm going to try some of the great suggestions here and will let everyone know how it goes.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 17, 15 9:26 AM
Well, for what it's worth, here goes. I went to Dupine's House where the mode was the jumbled words and Eureka I was rewarded with FIVE items. I thought I was really on to something. The Gendarmery was the next location that had the jumbled words, so I clicked on it and crossed my fingers, but what a blow. No items just coins. So the next thing I tried was the weather (fog and frost) in several locations...again nothing but coins.

I'm a little bummed....I really thought there may be some kind of pattern. But it's random....at least for players. I'm sure the developers have a diabolical plan afoot.

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on May 27, 15 4:35 PM
The weather doesn't matter when it comes to getting items--I decided to check that out for myself and found that it wasn't consistent when it came to that. I got gold from hurricane and chaos scenes and three items from a clear scene. It is pretty much random.

Never got five items, though, so congratulations!

Go to: