Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 16, 15 1:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 3:12:55 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 16, 15 3:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Kayen59 on May 16, 15 4:57 AM
This is the second game that I have had to download the trial first and then activate it. What is going on Big Fish.

[Post New]by charliehenry on May 16, 15 8:51 AM
I am in Harolds apartment-have used acid to open lock and am supposed to pick up a blunt knife from the table-problem-there is no blunt knife. Any ideas as to what is happening. I cant go forward. If cant be fixed I would like a refund for this game
Forgot -on Windows 7

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 8:53:54 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 16, 15 2:44 PM
charliehenry! For me, the "blunt knife" sure didn't look like a KNIFE! More like a pencil or a stick! Do you see anything like that?

Hoping to help...

Oooooo! I'm a guppy!

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 2:58:51 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on May 16, 15 2:48 PM
Kayen59 wrote:This is the second game that I have had to download the trial first and then activate it. What is going on Big Fish.
Even though it isn't a Tech issue. I too have noticed the lack of the familiar scroll-down-button - on BF main games page - telling you the game is : Also Available for [ Mac PC ].
It means an extra couple of clicks to get the right version.
PC gamers need first to click on: PC Games [Main Menu], then choose TMT, or whatever PC game you wish to demo or buy! Likewise with Mac gamers.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 16, 15 5:49 PM
Windows Home Premium 64 bit

In the scene immediately after the demo ends, we go through a plastic bag of Howard's belongings. We receive the keys to Harold's apartment. They go to inventory and the inventory immediately becomes unresponsive.

The only way to open the inventory is to choose the hint button. It opens, but still can't get the keys, or ANYTHING in the inventory. The only way to get the inventory to respond is to back out to the game title page and come back in.

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on May 16, 15 7:38 PM
I experienced the same thing - everything locked up after receiving Howard's keys into inventory.

[Post New]by OhioCrazyCatLady on May 16, 15 9:01 PM
I am having the same problem

PatW47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by PatW47 on May 17, 15 1:24 AM
i am having the same problem also!

Howard's keys

[Post New]by tracilynne40 on May 17, 15 5:12 AM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and was able to get the keys then, hope this works for y'all.

[Post New]by Anthropologist on May 17, 15 7:41 AM
I am having the same issue with the keys from the plastic bag. I had to use a hint ot meke sure that I wasnt being stupid.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 17, 15 8:09 AM
9otters wrote:Windows Home Premium 64 bit

In the scene immediately after the demo ends, we go through a plastic bag of Howard's belongings. We receive the keys to Harold's apartment. They go to inventory and the inventory immediately becomes unresponsive.

The only way to open the inventory is to choose the hint button. It opens, but still can't get the keys, or ANYTHING in the inventory. The only way to get the inventory to respond is to back out to the game title page and come back in.

I have the exact same issue as 9otters. I have reset the game and tried again and each time I must leave the game, go to the main menu and then select play and then continue. Once I am back in the game it will work. NOT GOOD.

Is there no quality control left at BFG. I have had an issue with almost every game in recent months. In fact, almost consistently since the big flush and the closing of your subsidiary offices. Maybe BFG needs to hire more staff to ensure the games we PURCHASE are working properly. I am tired of having to post in the forum and then contact tech support. I then receive some lame answer that has nothing to do with my technical issue and a free coupon. Although getting a free coupon is nice, I would prefer that the games work properly right from the time they are released so that I don't have to jump through hoops and then hope that (if I am lucky) an update to the game that I want to play might be released in the future. So annoying.

[Post New]by lisayates02 on May 17, 15 3:46 PM
I too have had the same problem where i cannot select the keys.

Have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and still am having the same problem. What else can I do. Getting on my nerves now!!!

Am using windows 7

Can someone help please... thanks

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on May 17, 15 4:02 PM
I had some lag time with the cursor here and there. I chose no sparkles in custom mode, but then they appeared in Howard's apartment. I seem to have problems only with the Elephant games coming out.

I am using windows 7 home premium 64bits.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 17, 15 4:11 PM
Like others, I too had the same problem with the inventory locking. This happened a few times during the game and had to exit out to the main screen and return to game play to have it respond.
The developers should have also not put a morphing object in the first scene since it was almost impossible to get and was no longer there when you returned to that scene at a later time. It should have been left in the follow up scene where you were giving a better chance at picking it up.
Developers should also check these games for when you choose your level and choose not to have sparkles or hints then the game should play that way. Out of no where, I began getting sparkles on everything and the hint button became unlocked. Had to go back in and change from custom to the hardest but the same thing happened after a short while.
Also, what is the deal with the secret room? I did all of the tasks but didn't receive anything. Not sure if I missed something or what.

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 4:16:32 PM PST

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 17, 15 9:18 PM
I'm running Windows 7 professional (32 bit.)

Anyway, in the scene of the front yard, I'm running into missing graphics. I mean, most of the scene is black except for things you can zoom in on, and there's no way of going back to the previous scene in the house from the front yard without using the map.

[Post New]by caroleleah on May 18, 15 12:28 AM
GamerGirl_31 wrote:I'm running Windows 7 professional (32 bit.)

Anyway, in the scene of the front yard, I'm running into missing graphics. I mean, most of the scene is black except for things you can zoom in on, and there's no way of going back to the previous scene in the house from the front yard without using the map.

That's my problem as well - blackness in the front yard! In the house all is well, then I go into the yard and it's total blackness except for the hot spots with sparkles. Weird looking. A garden gnome here, a bench over there, a rope up at the top, etc., all against pitch black background.
Of note: I had the EXACT same problem with the previous game in this series, Color of Fright; I entered a scene early in the game, and most of the screen was completely black except for spots of interest. I have never had this issue with any other series or developer. I'm sad, as I loved this series.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 18, 15 5:08 AM
caroleleah wrote:
GamerGirl_31 wrote:I'm running Windows 7 professional (32 bit.)

That's my problem as well - blackness in the front yard! In the house all is well, then I go into the yard and it's total blackness except for the hot spots with sparkles. Weird looking. A garden gnome here, a bench over there, a rope up at the top, etc., all against pitch black background.
Of note: I had the EXACT same problem with the previous game in this series, Color of Fright; I entered a scene early in the game, and most of the screen was completely black except for spots of interest. I have never had this issue with any other series or developer. I'm sad, as I loved this series.

Me too, Caroleleah. I managed to play through the Color of Fright, but it was aggrevating with the blackness in the scenes. I've never had that happen with any other games by this developer. Don't know what's up.

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 6:46:03 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 18, 15 8:10 AM
I'm early in the game. The only tech problem so far is in the front yard scene where everything except for a few items is black. I'm om Windows XP.

Go to: