Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 16, 15 1:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 3:13:40 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 16, 15 3:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 16, 15 4:18 AM
I am actually playing Grim Tales; Bloody Mary at the moment, and now playing the demo of this one.. well..not thrilled.... although these are both wonderful games to look at, the gameplay is too annoying, the running back and forwarth is way too much. The first minigame I had to skip, because I could not flip 5 tiles because of some glitch [?].. hate skipping such simple puzzles

Some issues are good, the HOS were nice, silhouette-like , which I love. Match items to find the one listed, new!!

But too much to do in every scene, and to many things to remember what went where..
And as a fishlover, hated the catch-a-fish minigame..

No lipmovement from the characters, a turn-off as well.
Collectibles , did not find any, although they must be there, but by the time I had found the strategy guide time was up.
Morphing objects.. yes, but don't care for them, found a few by accident.

Nah, I am going to skip this one [ and I own all and love most Grim Tales! ]

Ps. There is some confusion about the strategy guide, it is like a piece of paper, left above the inventory.
So it is there!

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 10:28:06 AM PST

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by msilva731 on May 16, 15 5:35 AM
No buy! where is the excitement in these games, nothing. I lasted 15 min with demo. You are in your own home, -but you have tons of things you've misplaced or missing so you have to run back and forth finding stuff..really in your own home!

Another we can go back in time--seriously this is getting so old.

I thought the HOS was booooooooooring, absolutely no challenge!

Thought this was going to be a buy since it was a murder mystery and not another fantasy someone kidnapped by kid, husband, wife game (which I refuse to buy anymore). But nope, no buy I am not buying games that insult my intelligence and give me no challenge nor get the heart racing!

What is going on with these lame games? BF has a sale every day now, shows how the company is doing don't you think!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 16, 15 6:15 AM
I am thinking the exact opposite here.
This is an EXCELLENT game. So much to do! It totally held my attention. I am not seeing the time go by. I am even interested in the storyline, which I never am.
I would say this is a game for intermediate or advanced players, or for someone who really wants to put in the time and effort and concentration and not just fly through a game that was just slapped together. Love the puzzles, minis, hogs, love everything about this game. Of course I bought it! Great job! thank you to the developers and big fish games!!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on May 16, 15 7:52 AM
Biomix, I'm with you! A really excellent game for advanced players. It differs from the usual setting of the series but this makes it a very good detective story.

I of course will buy this game and can only recommend it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 16, 15 8:30 AM
I think it must be me but these games are all becoming a bore lately. I found this one about as exciting as watching a rainy day. And after putting the right name in the box puzzle but the box wouldn't open, I gave up bothering with it.

The graphics are nice enough, never have the music on so can't comment and used the custom setting to not have sparkles on active areas but the items to be picked up still sparkled And I couldn't find the SG except by going back to the main menu.

I've no idea how I came to go back a day and honestly I don't care. I'm sure this game will be very popular but this devs games are all starting to look the same. I actually found ERS's recent 'Haunted Legends' game more entertaining than this.

Not a buy for me as a CE; maybe the SE if I'm really desperate.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 8:33:54 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 16, 15 10:22 AM
Hi Fishies

I hope you are all having a good and relaxing weekend.

My review of this game has been posted on the game page but it is currently not showing as I only submitted it a few minutes ago.

I did however forget one thing which was the Strategy Guide does not show up on the game page, you have to exit the game before you can access it. I remember the Awakening series did this too but they have changed it now.

Here is my review:

************************************************************************************************
I always look forward to Saturday’s CE but …..

I was soon very sadly disappointed! So based on the demo only, as follows:

I was really happy to see another Grim Tales game as I have all of them and loved them all, so downloaded it immediately expecting a long lazy day playing it. What a let down for the first 30 minutes I was completely confused over everything but decided that as I had just woken up, I backed out of the game intending to try it again later which I did. No difference I still loathed it.

The HOS were all silhouettes in the time I played, relatively easy as they were not junk piles but there was no interaction.

The mini games/puzzles - easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy and a bit of an insult to an adult or a child for that matter as I reckon one of my kittens would be able to solve them.

In the demo I came across one of the more complicated puzzles (as originally featured in the MCF games), it was only a little bit more trying and probably the only thing I enjoyed.

NO LIP SYNC - unbelievable!

Music - it was wishy-washy and repetitive.

Panoramic Screen - I hate this feature as it makes me dizzy when it slides across my screen at speed, 3D does that to me too.

Love them or hate them - there are Morphing Objects which are easier to spot than other devs games, so I am giving a Star for that as I like finding the Morphs.

I definitely DO NOT recommend his game.

************************************************************************************************

Each to their own! If you loved the game, good on you but after this debacle I doubt I will be playing a game from these devs again.

Dax

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 10:29:52 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 16, 15 10:34 AM
Not what I expect from Elephant Games. Mediocre with lots of running back and forth from place to place. Fishing game is a pain in the pinfeathers, but then again I don't like arcade games. Seems disjointed. How does a police officer standing guard simply allow you to cut the police line tape and walk through. Sorry Elephant, but this game seems mailed in. I may buy it as an SE if Ihave a c oupon to spare

[Post New]by TateCollins on May 16, 15 10:45 AM
I finished the demo and was very disappointed. The graphics are awesome and the ability to pan your view in one scene was a nice touch. The problem for me were the incessant mini-games which were way too simple and uninspired. The only exception was the Safe puzzle. It is not mentioned that you should collect fragments. I accidentally happened upon this. Story is not well explained. How does the main character end up from her hospital bed at the crime scene without the police observing? It is hinted that she can go back in time. The twist at the end was illogical in lieu of the ghost flashbacks.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 10:51:01 AM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 16, 15 10:52 AM
Not what I expected from Elephant at all. Boring game, objects small, not much of a story line. Just didn't want to play this game. I won't be buying either as a CE or SE.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 16, 15 11:10 AM
Actually, there is a STRATEGY GUIDE that can be accessed by clicking on the little note pad that sits to the left, on top of the inventory bar.

I had trouble finding it too, but it IS there

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 11:17:52 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on May 16, 15 11:38 AM
I love morphies, I love collectables and I love mini -games that are more than click and turn. I love series of games so that you have some background and history to the next installment......(although I do like a good stand alone game too )
I loved the first few Grim Tales in the series, but I do not love this one, despite it ticking all the above boxes
Whats going on with all the fave devs, are they just getting lazy cos we buy the first few and they expect us to continue cos its the name we look for?
So many disappointing games recently, should BFG be looking out for new, better games for us?

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on May 16, 15 2:13 PM
Same old Elephant game we've seen before. I hate the dialogue choice "thingy" they've got going on. They must like it since we've seen it in their recent games. For the first time in several years, I'm not really looking forward to this year's MCF.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 16, 15 3:34 PM
Based On Completed Game

For me, this game has been a lengthy, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mixed bag of dumbed-down disappointment. Some good, some bad...more bad than good.

The high points were the complex puzzles (there were only THREE, main game AND bonus ), and the fishing game in the demo. Most of the "jigsaw" type puzzles only required a touch of the cursor for the pieces to fall into place. The majority of the other puzzles had the hint, aka ANSWER, right there, no way to miss it. Most did not even require reading the directions.

We hung on to a handy "multi-tool" for the demo, but were then reduced to finding the regular oilers, hooks, pliers, screwdrivers, etc., for the rest of the game. In some cases, MORE THAN ONE of each. I just couldn't BELIEVE it when I picked up the THIRD version of an oiler! That's right...oil spray, an oil bottle, and an oil can.

Another thing that irked me was the way we use a tuning fork. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that the VIBRATION ALONE is supposed to break glass. You don't break the glass with it first, and then let it vibrate. We get to do it the wrong way twice.

I was also surprised to see hacksaws, wing nuts, bolts, pocket watches, and Phillips head screws in the medieval part of this story. Gracious. The budget must not have allowed for a fact checker.

It IS Grim Tales, so of course some supernatural stuff is to be expected but I think I'm on supernatural overkill with this story.

Anyway...pooped out after playing this marathon of "average". Hope that doesn't sound too negative, but, darn it, I was expecting more! Gonna collect my thoughts and write something more complete for the game page...maybe. Lol!

Hope you are finding some fun today! Happy gaming!

Edited on 05/29/2015 at 2:25:16 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 17, 15 6:48 AM
I couldn't get into this game and the capper for me was breeding brightly colored fish in a pond in my yard, but I didn't mind fishing for a few on, apparently, a regular basis and feeding them to the local cats. What? How about some cans of cat food? No, no, no. Just. didn't. care. Sorry, although I'm sure this will be a fine game for plenty of people, I felt impatient with it and exited after about 35 minutes. Oh, for those of you who can't find the SG (which I only use to check on morphing objects and collectibles), it's located on the upper left side of the inventory bar. It looks like a diary, but it's actually the SG.

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 6:50:20 AM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 17, 15 8:25 AM
I have usually enjoyed Elephant games but this one left me wanting more. The first part of the demo was so easy when it came to the puzzles. And there was a lot of to and fro for me. I used the map way too much to figure out where to go. The one thing that did excite me and made me wonder if there were more of them was the safe puzzle. It's like the puzzles in Mystery Case Files: Madam Fate. I loved those puzzles but of course spending time working through this puzzle used up my demo time. With that being the only excitement for me, I think I will hang on to my 2 game credits a little longer.
And that's another thing. The majority of the games I've demo'ed lately have not been worth spending one of my game credits on let alone 2 of them. I don't think I've ever collected 2 games credits without finding something to spend them on. I'm really disappointed in what I've seen lately and am seriously considering cancelling my membership. I've been a member for almost 9 years and this is the longest dry spell I've ever had when it came to buying games.
And Old_Man_River, I have to agree. I kept wondering how you could inspect your house and then cut the crime scene tape while a police officer was standing right there! Really?!

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 8:28:31 AM PST

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 17, 15 3:01 PM
biomix wrote:I am thinking the exact opposite here.
This is an EXCELLENT game. So much to do! It totally held my attention. I am not seeing the time go by. I am even interested in the storyline, which I never am.
I would say this is a game for intermediate or advanced players, or for someone who really wants to put in the time and effort and concentration and not just fly through a game that was just slapped together. Love the puzzles, minis, hogs, love everything about this game. Of course I bought it! Great job! thank you to the developers and big fish games!!

Couldn't agree more! Great game. Off to buy right now.

PS You know a game is good when you're so enthralled it ticks your husband off

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 11:35:36 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on May 18, 15 11:00 AM
Hi,

I'm in the same boat with Shripch and Biomix , I like this game a lot.
I had the chance to Beta it, and I played a lot more than the demo.
Maybe is easy for some people, but I found the story interesting, the collectibles were hard to find them (I had more luck wit morphings), and I love I don't have a lot of HO.
Of course this is my opinion, we have different tastes on games, to the people who like it enjoy !!!
M.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 18, 15 3:41 PM
The game was ok. I'm getting tired of these games that have an option to turn off sparkles, and yet they still appear all the time. Very annoying! The puzzles were all very easy (except the "super puzzle"). Seems to be a lot of hand-holding in this game. No buy for me, as not enough of a challenge.

Go to: