OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Toy Tales - opening mini-scenes in Toy Shop in St Paul, Minnesota

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 16, 15 11:33 AM
This is the first quest series to start after you have begun the Blueprint quests. There does not appear to be a trigger but might be the completion of two blueprints. Will take a while to ever figure that aspect out.

TIP - have your blueprint open for the Park Ranger - you can get these quests and the Blueprint pieces at the same time. To get the quest, arrow through till you get to the Time Machine blueprint and the quest will appear in your queue.

Q-1 Billy Craig - "Hey there, Player, have you met Twinkle? She's the owner of the Toy Shop, and I'd like you to meet her."
•Visit the Toy Shop in MN

Twinkle: " Hi there, Billy and friend! Welcome to my little ship. All of our merchandise here are preloved."
Billy: "Wow! Twinkle has a twin. How awesome is that?"

Q-2 Twinkle: " Nowadays, everything is a throw away. Do you know more and more animals die because they ingest plastic?"

• Park Ranger #8 Brown Egg
• Park Ranger #10 Paw Fossil
• Park Ranger #12 Hoof Print

Twinkle or possibly the unnamed twin: " What Twinkle said is through provoking. I wonder what happens to the old toys. Such a shame some are being thrown away."

Q-3 Billy: I love how Twinkle loves nature. Let's recycle and show her a diorama."
Opening the first mini-scene in MN.

• Find popsicle stick - Oregon
• Complete the diorama (mini-scene in front of Pink horse on shelf). MN

The Popsicle stick did not show in the display of items found in OR and then did not appear in the inventory display before entering MN but was there within the scene and able to be used.

Q-4 "I'm inspired to do more recycling. Let's visit the Park Ranger."
• Park Ranger # 14 Avian Signature
• Park Ranger # 16 Tiny Seed
• Park Ranger # 18 Sliver of a Seed

Q-5 Twinkle: "Hey want to see something cool? I went to show you my planetarium, but it needs a battery. If you find one, make sure it is rechargeable."
•Find battery - Train Roundhouse, Como, CO
• Unlock Planetarium. Did not get a prompt for the 2nd mini-scene location, it is the silver sphere under the picture of the ice cream sundae on the window on right.
"Ad astra per aspera" which means through adversity to the stars, which is incidentally the state motto of Kansas.

Q-6 Upgrade Toy Repair in Dinhammer Alley to Pirate Theme
28,200 coin plus supplies, 128 hours. Not going to get another quest in this series till this is done.

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 6:48:57 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Toy Tales - opening mini-scenes in Toy Shop in St Paul, Minnesota

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 16, 15 11:38 AM
Q-7 Billy:Traveling is fun! Let's find more souvenirs!
•Find a plane tail - Italy (mislabeled wing)
•Find a penguin - Antarctacia
•Find a head feather - New Zealand
All of the countries might have to be played multiple times to get the item, they don't necessarily show up in every mode.

Q-8
• Find Robot Head - Botanical Garden #4 Flower Luxe
• Find Music Box mechanical part - Library #6 We're Getting Married
• Find Toy car wheels - Toy Repair #10 Motorcycle

Q-9 Twinkle: I have the perfect spot for a train, but I need to find one. Are you up to it?
• Find toy train - Apple Orchard, Wentachee, WA
• Open the Train diorama, on purple dais to the right of Banjo and bowling ball. Place the train directly on the area; this opens the third mini-scene in MN
"Thanks for the help! Come visit my shop anytime you like."

Q-10
My favorite teddy bear is broken.
• Play Toy Repair #14 Train
• Play Toy Repair #16 Wooden Horse Rocker
• Play Toy Repair #18 Green Car

Q-11 Mistake in this one read carefully

to be continued...............

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 10:13:49 AM PST

[Post New]by joanneh1314 on May 16, 15 12:03 PM
I wish I had known this a few hours ago... I just opened the quest for the pirate theme, having completed all the quests in the Park Ranger building this morning. I came here to read some of the posts I saw earlier about dealing with Teodi to get his blueprint pieces.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 16, 15 2:29 PM
Reading the forum will save a lot of headaches and all of that was documented from Jan so not like it wasn't there. Welcome to the forum, hope you find it helpful.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 26, 15 7:13 AM
A glitch of losing the opened diorama has been reported a couple of times but it is not the easiest thing to find in the advanced search.

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Sep 26, 15 7:33 AM
Thanks Oddly Sorry I couldn't find it myself. Advanced search did not bring up this thread for me, but I new it was in there somewhere. Have to remember that "Toy Tales" in thread name...

FYI, I just encountered a glitch in my second game I haven't heard about yet.

Got the quest to go to OR and get a Popsicle stick to open mini scene diorama in Toy Shop - MN. Went to OR, got the Popsicle stick and went straight to MN to use it. Used Popsicle stick, opened diorama, played through rest of the scene, no probs.

Next, the quest for the bug lite for ID shows up, which also sends you to OR to collect it. Got that, went to ID, opened door to deck or porch or whatever it is. Next quest is to go to toy shop - MN. Go back to toy shop, diorama is locked, like i never opened it, but game is not sending me there (to diorama) to find stuff, so was able to finish finding all the objects asked for and play out the scene.

Went back to OR to look for Popsicle stick again but its not in the reward bar. Played OR anyway and went back to toy shop, but no Popsicle stick shows up in top left corner. This all just happened this morning, so very fresh in my mind (hard to believe, I know). : )

Think my toy shop diorama is locked forever, but as long as I'm not sent there to look for things, I may be okay. have gone back to Portland, OR 2 or 3 times now and no Popsicle stick and the quest to find it is gone. Silly me, I closed it; thought it was done because I had done it. Go figure...

Just wondering, anyone ever complain they opened a mini scene, only to have it closed again? And I wonder if maybe Pirate Day glitches would have anything to do with it?

Lord, i just love this game : )

Go to: