sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Bonus Content: Map Puzzle

[Post New]by sagethyme on May 16, 15 3:27 PM
I only have the Map Puzzle to finish to open the secret room and can't for the life of me figure out how to solve it.

Can anyone help?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Bonus Content: Map Puzzle

[Post New]by swedane on May 16, 15 4:21 PM
Map Spoiler Puzzle:

Highlight text to view.
<<
According to the SG
Click the numbers in sequence:
Click: 12 - 15
next, yellow state
next, red state before number 33)
next, 33 - 38 - 44 - 32 - 120 - 80.
>>

Hope that helps?

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on May 17, 15 6:51 AM
I would also like help with this one.
The solution above does not work as the map in the bonus content is different than the one in the SG.

???
Has anyone completed this puzzle who can help??

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lilcaz on May 17, 15 12:56 PM
I haven't had any luck with this puzzle either. It isn't the same as the one in the SG. This is the last star I need - does anyone know what the 'prize' is? - I need to know if it's worth frazzling what few brain cells I have left!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 17, 15 1:02 PM
lilcaz!

I started a thread with the same question. Got all the stars but no "reward". So far, nobody has responded with help.

I also played the whole game twice to check out some other issues. I found out that the second time around, the map puzzle in the secret room was entirely different.

Also, if you don't get it right on the first try, you only get PART of the star. I repeated it until I finally got it right, got 1/4 of the star, and the next map puzzle that came up was different also.

So...I'm thinking if it takes 4 tries to get the entire star then there are at least 4 different versions of that puzzle in the secret room?

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 2:59:26 PM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on May 18, 15 4:27 AM
You can also get a quarter star for completing a puzzle but not in the allotted time.

[Post New]by ferlachchristl on Jun 2, 15 7:42 AM
YES - I finally found out, how it works. It´s a mathematical masterpiece (Spoiler):

Starting from the first country, where you have a certain amount of points you have to look for a neighbour country where the double amount of points is still smaller than your current points - you will get half of the points from this "new" country (if it has an odd number of points they will be rounded UP).

For example: Starting country 25 points, neighbour country 12 points - double of 12 is 24, so smaller than 25 - you will get the half of 12 (which is 6) added and your score will be 31 by then.

If you choose a country where the double amount of points is higher than your current points, the half of those points (odd points will be rounded DOWN) will be subtracted from your current points.

For example: Starting country 25 points, neighbour country 15 points - double of 15 is 30 so more than 25 - in this case the half of 15 (which is 7.5 - rounded down it is 7) will be subtracted from your score - you will have 18 points by then.

I tried it out on one map puzzle, but I think it´s the same on the other puzzles - just try it out. I hope this helps and please apologize my bad English - I´m from Austria.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Jun 2, 15 9:45 AM
Yes, the other maps are similar. There are apparently 2 or 3 maps you can get (I think which one you get in the actual game may depend on what difficulty level you're playing on). Getting the full gold star depends not only on doing the map correctly, but doing it without resetting it too many times.
Basically, you want to always click on the LOWEST number you can, because that gives you the HIGHEST total for the next move, until you have 2-4 areas left to "conquer". At that point, you usually need to click into the 120 area 2-3 moves before the end... which will then leave you enough points to move into the lowest area, and back up to the second lowest.

For example, in one map the final 4 areas were something like 120, 80, 30, and 44. I had accumulated something like 124 points, so I was able to claim the 120 area, then the 30, then the 44, then the 80.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 15, 15 5:19 PM
The instructions should have been clearer!

Go to: