Caligrand
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

In hospital bed

[Post New]by Caligrand on May 17, 15 12:38 PM
I've reviewed all the items, tape, glasses, etc. and took Howard's key off key chain. I don't know what to do next and no matter how much I try and pick up key it won't let me. I'm just stuck in the bed. My task is to go to Howard's room but I don't know how. Please help me, thanks.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:In hospital bed

[Post New]by 9otters on May 17, 15 12:56 PM
Caligrand!

I listed this glitch in the tech issues thread. Apparently, we are not alone, as quite a few of us have had the same problem.

I got around it by clicking on the Hint button. The inventory will come up but you will not be able to actually take the keys until you back out of the game to the title page. Choose "Play" on the title page and when you get back to the game, you will be able to take the keys.

Hope it works for you!

Caligrand
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Caligrand on May 17, 15 1:52 PM
It worked, many thanks.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 17, 15 2:31 PM

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by kitaboy on May 18, 15 1:14 PM
Thank you so much. I was so stuck with the keys and glad I was not the only one. I started the game a 2nd time and stuck in the same place. Appreciate the help.
Thanks, Kitaboy

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 2, 15 9:19 PM
This is quite unacceptable and should have been dealt with by Elephant Games.

I was able to grab the key and it went into my inventory. But then, I couldn't do anything else. If I hadn't come here to read that I should use the "hint" button, I don't know what I would have done.

Love this game otherwise.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 3, 15 1:29 PM
Hi 9otters,

Thank you for sharing this workaround with everyone. We've definitely let the developers know about this issue, but have no information regarding a fix or update. In the meantime, I'm glad that there's a way for everyone to move forward with the game.

For any other tech issues with the game, everyone is encouraged to post in the following thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 16, 15 12:50 PM
Playing on a MAC 10.8.5. Count me as another player having inventory freezing after grabbing the keys. Glad to hear the developers have been informed.

Go to: