kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Sparkles sparkles everywhere

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 17, 15 3:15 PM
I have set game mode to no sparkles on anything. First, pick up items in zoom scenes started sparkling. Then in Howard's apartment, one room had sparkles on everything. Now at the beginning of the next chapter, all is sparkling. What the heck?! Anyone else have this problem?

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:Sparkles sparkles everywhere

[Post New]by didersham on May 17, 15 4:04 PM
The same thing happened to me in Howard's apartment with the sparkles. I just posted it in the Tech forum. I am having problems with only the Elephant games lately with tech issues.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 17, 15 4:31 PM
Same here. I originally had it set to custom mode and out of no where the sparkles began along with the hint button unlocking. Switched to the hardest level and worked for a little but again with the sparkles and unlocked hint button. Had to keep switching between levels just to not have the darn sparkles. I have had this happen with other games also.
I have found that most games I have to lock the hint, or turn off, along with the sparkles otherwise when I am searching a HOS all I am seeing is sparkles here and there for where the items I am supposed to be looking for are. What kind of a challenge is that? Why would I buy a game where it is going to show me within seconds where the objects are? If I need a hint I know where the hint button is located. I don't need you to point out where everything is. Why are developers doing this? If you're going to go and show me where everything is then why even bother having a hint button or even a difficulty level to select.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on May 18, 15 7:28 AM
I agree Poof11, about the sparkles. I like a challenge while playing a game. And I was enjoying it until the sparkles showed up.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on May 18, 15 9:43 AM
Thanks all for posting about this. I completely agree with Poof11. I was very hesitant to buy this since I did the Beta and blasted them for how easy this game was at that time. Not just easy but insultingly simple. It takes a whole lot for me to blast a developer about their game - so it was really painful to get me to the point that I would do that. If they added perma-sparkles as well then that really decides it as a no for me.

Thanks again for posting! I appreciate it.

rasoman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rasoman on May 18, 15 11:36 AM

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 12:18:45 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 18, 15 11:46 AM
Yes, I am very disappointed too. At first I was just mildly annoyed with the zoom objects (I mean, seriously, the cursor turns into a hand for crying out loud, does it need to glimmer too?!) but the perma-sparkle started happening after purchase. I think I'm done with this dev.

And moderators: please remove the spam from this thread!!

Go to: