It's official - Kingdom's done

[Post New]by frequentfrog on May 18, 15 11:43 AM
Well, exactly 100 days after I ran out of quests, it's official, there will be no more quests. Not ever.

I will miss this game. I still think this was the most interesting of the online games.

But at the same time I am deeply disappointed that it went the way it did. I understand it was a difficult decision but was keeping the players under the delusion it would update for over three months really necessary?

I kept saving and saving items in the understanding the game would update. Now I have over a million coins, 500 gems and over 40 of every item and I can'd do a single constructive thing with it all anymore. Seems like a huge waste of time and effort now. Oh well, some people who haven't finished the quests yet will soon receive a giant load of items in the auctions....

I kind of wish they'd at least do a last update to give the game a sense of closure.

Oh well, nice for as long as it lasted, I suppose.

Your own thoughts on the ending?

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 11:43:51 AM PST

Re:It's official - Kingdom's done

[Post New]by LittlestHobo on May 18, 15 12:04 PM
It seems awfully funny that right after CD bought BFG, they only had one update left that was already in the pipelines. I would not be surprised that CD wants to turn BFG primarily into a gambling site and start phasing out their "new game everyday" motto into history. Like you said, they could have at least let the developers do a closing update. It's a shame they are letting it hang there unfinished.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 18, 15 12:15 PM
its also affected Antique Road trip... no more updates for us either... THE END!

chivers1
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by chivers1 on May 18, 15 12:20 PM
I am dissapointed that the devs didn't give us a proper ending, but not surprised after reading all the comments over the last few months!! Have just come from ART and the same announcement there, too!! I, for one, will not be delving into the world of on-line gambling if that is the intention of new owners, nor will I be spending so much money thru BFG as will have little reason to visit their site now. Oh, well... time to find another way to relax Goodbye y'all

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 18, 15 12:51 PM
I had a feeling they were done with this game after no news for so long but very surprised by ART, dont understand the logic when there are new people joining all the time.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on May 18, 15 1:29 PM
Oh no... not here, too.... just had the same message on ART. I'm really upset. Think, I'll cancel my bigfish account - this is no good way to treat people. Too sad.

west644
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by west644 on May 18, 15 1:45 PM
I agree with the above; its not the fact that the game has ended, but that no-one had the decency to give us the heads up a long time ago ("OK folks, once you've reached the basilik, you can playing 'cos nothing else is going to happen"). Big Fish surely knew what was going on.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on May 18, 15 1:48 PM
For all of 60 seconds I was disgusted, but really on balance, we knew it was coming didn't we?
Some of us stayed positive, some of us knew it was doomed. I'm often accused, in real life, of being negative - so I decided to be positive with this game and latterly ART.

In my humble opinion, play and enjoy the free to play games, but don't spend too much real money. You CAN play the game totally free, so what's the rush really? I've found free to play games are massively repetitive, so why pay real cash just to hurry along a bit?

For now Luckypool has left the building too... (the mods are too draconian and tedious with closing stuff down and telling posters off over the most trivial of matters - highly irritating).

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 2:06:15 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 18, 15 2:30 PM
It's too bad, this was a fun game. Kinda had a feeling when the updates stopped coming on their normal schedule. Just sorry it had to end this way instead of them having a final update and finishing the story..

Will say this though.. I'll have to think long and hard BEFORE I purchase another BoomZap game again.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 18, 15 3:40 PM
Ah well, it was nice while it lasted! Farewell Kingdom, you were fun, minus the dark chest!

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on May 18, 15 4:04 PM
I am very upset how BFG once again let their members down. I have been playing other FTP's while waiting AND anticipating a wonder update. This was my FIRST FTP which I loved enough to actually put monies into it. I am not sad, I am infuriated at the loss of my game. I actually had to take my high pressure meds earlier than normal.

This is not the only developer that BFG let go. I should have guess when my usual Developer left with all the wonderful games I use to play. I will be playing the other FTP's but I am sure they will be leaving as well down the line at some point. No more purchases from me.

Heartbroken. I say goodbye to all my AK friends. I will only be doing multiplier for the time being.

Mamacass14

arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by arwen777 on May 18, 15 4:27 PM
That was my first ftp as well. You'd think they'd have the decency to complete the story with one last update! But they just left us wondering for 4 months! Good job Bfg!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 18, 15 4:43 PM
Luckypool wrote:For all of 60 seconds I was disgusted, but really on balance, we knew it was coming didn't we?
Some of us stayed positive, some of us knew it was doomed. I'm often accused, in real life, of being negative - so I decided to be positive with this game and latterly ART.

In my humble opinion, play and enjoy the free to play games, but don't spend too much real money. You CAN play the game totally free, so what's the rush really? I've found free to play games are massively repetitive, so why pay real cash just to hurry along a bit?

For now Luckypool has left the building too... (the mods are too draconian and tedious with closing stuff down and telling posters off over the most trivial of matters - highly irritating).

I think that's very sound and good advice. Since this too was my entry into FTP, I wasn't sure how to approach and spent money.. going forward, I'll be making less investment money wise into any other FTP I may play..

But, it does kind of take the shine of these types of games.. I can only imagine how those who spent real $$ on the forever elixir (whatever it's called) may feel.. that was one expensive upgrade and nothing now to use it on.

See already, my sadness is being taken over by anger now.. shameful.

Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Gilead on May 18, 15 5:27 PM
*sigh*

And yet I knew it was coming since on march 31st I posted this...

I can understand moderators do not know details about game updates, but I cannot understand how a company, after so many clients inquire about the same matter for over a month now (most update threads started when we went beyond the 2 months wait, since that's the most it ever took for an AK update).

2 possible answers, either yes we are working on an update, or no we are done with the game.

An in my opinion, given we are clients of BFG and not Boomzap. it falls on BFG to lets us now, not Boomzap.

And frankly the silence makes me think the answer is the latter, and that there are not letting us know in hopes they can squeeze in extra money from people who are willing to buy items with real money

What disgusts me is not that they just pulled the plug on an obviously unfinished game, its that they said nothing, and took money for the past 5 months, only to slap us in the face.

I've been a member of bfg for over 3 years, no more, ill play the games I have already since there mine to do as I wish with, since I pad for them, but buy a game from BFG, nope, never again.

After saying so many times BFG has not changed there way since bought by Churchill whatever there name is (I don't give a ****), and turning around and doing this, you have just proven to us you have changed, and are willing to stoop so low as to straight out STEAL from your members.

And don't come and give us a bull**** reply saying it was Boomzap's decision to not continue updating, its was YOUR decision to keep taking member's money, not Boomzap's.

Anyone want to email me the name of a good game site please?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 18, 15 6:12 PM
I think the "veteran" players have a right to be angry, as do newer players learning a now defunct game. A lot of time, effort, and hard earned cash have been invested in this game by many players, not to mention the agonizing wait for an update that never came. And whichever side the deceit came from, THAT is shameful. Oh, and BTW, I have the "elixir of haste". Sadly, never used to any advantage, as right after the December update, I found myself unable to play at all due to computer crashing in-game, which only happened when in AK.

PDXnative
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by PDXnative on May 18, 15 6:38 PM
I agree with the previous posters that it's a shame that we (the players) were left hanging without any completion. I reviewed the game and stated there is no finish to the game, that it has been dropped from development and warning others they may not want to pay real $$ to play.

I'm currently considering dropping my BF membership.

To everyone who shared their experiences and freely gave advice to other players, thank you. This has been a warm and friendly virtual community and I will miss the wit and humor so many posted here.

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on May 18, 15 7:55 PM
to All BFG and BZ Administers I am still very angry over this I am a very patient person and have waited along time for an update only to finally hear it's game over with out a true ending they could not have at least given us one last update with the rest of books the of the egg and death of basilisk and end to the wizard that tried destroying the kingdom. even if they never finished anything else that says to come soon in game or give us more buildings to upgrade they atleast could of bean considerate enough to have given us the 4 main things mentioned above so we could have a conclusion to this game.

I still think they can find away to finish this game I don't care if they plan to go back to their damn roots they should not have started something and promised what they did if they did not plan to finish
I will give the devs till dec 2015 to rectify this decision if not bz and bfg will be deleted from my games and important list and will get no more business from me or any of my friends ever again that includes no more game purchases no more subscription fees

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on May 18, 15 8:40 PM
Wow. Hard to believe the devs are done with this wonderful game. Really going to miss it.

Tabby100
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Tabby100 on May 18, 15 10:31 PM
So sad to hear this news....guess I thought maybe they would TRY to finish up for the remaining items that need to be tied up. I'll keep playing until there are no more quests and finish up the games. I wonder when they'll actually stop the whole thing. I'm playing a few other games too, but I've always gotten them for free. Oops, probably shouldn't have said that!

It's been a fun game. Not ready to see it over. Stupid BZ/BFG or whoever - they just kept us hoping until there was no more hope. Will not play any of these games again.

jljosette
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jljosette on May 18, 15 11:05 PM
BFG is going to lose an awful lot of clients over this dumb decision.(plus the ones they already lost from playing the no one knows anything game for the last 5 months) They had a great thing going. It's down the tubes for them from here on out. A couple of years from now no one will know who they were. Kinda sad. Guess they couldn't handle all the new competition.
Does anyone remember how many times they told us nothing had changed with the sale of the company? BS,BF

Edited on 05/18/2015 at 11:12:28 PM PST

Go to: