tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

How do you use the pliers?

[Post New]by tookat on May 18, 15 5:59 PM
I'm in Howard's apartment and trying to get the object in the arm of the couch where it says "I could sure use some pliers right now."

But, I cannot seem to find the hotspot that allows me to use the pliers I have.

Can anybody help?

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

How do you use the pliers?

[Post New]by minesita on May 18, 15 9:00 PM
tookat wrote:I'm in Howard's apartment and trying to get the object in the arm of the couch where it says "I could sure use some pliers right now."

But, I cannot seem to find the hotspot that allows me to use the pliers I have.

Can anybody help?

Hi , you don't have to use those pliers, it happened to me when I played it. Later on you will find the right tool to remove the object.
Enjoy it,
M.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:How do you use the pliers?

[Post New]by tookat on May 19, 15 2:15 AM
Thank you!
I finally gave up and kept playing and discovered that there was a lot more to do in the apartment.

What a great game!

Magda640
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Magda640 on May 31, 15 12:50 PM
In Howard's apartment, when you are by the sofa arm and can obviously see an item there, it says, "Some pliers would be very helpful right now." Since there is a plier in the inventory, try to use it. Then, the game says, "I don't think that's what I need to use right now." As a matter of fact, the item that must be used there is NOT pliers at all. That is the main gripe I have with these games. Too many of them misuse language to the point that the instructions are sometimes unintelligible. This particular game has too many glitches to have been released at this time. I am sorry I wasted more money on this one, which I will probably never play again.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 6, 15 7:42 PM
Whew! At least I know I'm not crazy! Thank you all!

I thought I was safe, since I waited until the end of August to purchase this and the "Critical Update" for PC had long since been released. You would think that with the huge number of complaints to many devs about poor language translation, at least the "better" ones would do a better job of making certain that correct terminology was used.

In the past couple of years, my purchasing of CE's (or any games, actually) has dropped drastically because of issues like this. I can always find a well-written book to read!

Go to: