thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

If you have kids, you may want to reconsider!

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 19, 15 7:42 AM
During the demo it seemed that the dialogue was between friends who were kidding each other in the playful, harmless spirit that friends do. (The English translation was quite poor, as is the case frequently with the "cheaper" games from non-English speaking countries.) I suspect that might have been done to lull everyone, but especially parents, into a false sense of security.

After purchasing the game and progressing a bit further, the tone of the "friendly" kidding wasn't so friendly anymore. It became taunting and bullying. Not an example you want for children. At level 35 things took a seriously wrong turn. One character, in taunting another, says, "Sharky is a pu**y!" (Think of another name for a kitty cat.) I'm sorry, but that is absolutely inappropriate!

I sent an inquiry to our Customer Support Department at BFG alerting them to this and asking them to request a new build with rewritten dialogue from the developers. I received a half-hearted response "assuring" me that the matter had been "forwarded this to the teams who work with the developers for future consideration."

This is a matter that could handle very simply by removing the game for purchase until the developer releases a new build. They've done similar things when games had serious tech problems. It seems obvious to me that Big Fish Games wants money more than they want to sell quality products. I, for one, will be buying very, very little here for the foreseeable future.

Edited on 05/19/2015 at 7:43:26 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:If you have kids, you may want to reconsider!

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on May 19, 15 9:55 AM
G'day thistle809,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Let me assure you that as mentioned by Customer Support, we do take these matters very seriously.

Changes to the game, and decisions to remove a game from sale happen outside the realm of Customer Support and the Forums and it is for this reason that we have forwarded the request on to the teams who are able to take actions of this nature.

Please be assured that Big Fish Games is be a family friendly site, and your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Re:If you have kids, you may want to reconsider!

[Post New]by Winterbloom on Jul 9, 15 6:44 PM
Thistle809, thank you for making a post about this. I was seriously considering purchasing this game and I'm glad I saw your warning before I spent any money. It would have been very jarring to run into that kind of language in a game about cartoon fish. I play casual, family friendly games to relax and get away from that sort of thing.

Go to: