bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Avalon!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jun 23, 09 11:10 AM
Hey Everyone,

Here are some tips and tricks to help you restore Avalon for all of the fairies!

Build Your Fairy Community – If you first build up all of your Gatherers, you’ll be able to stock up on the supplies that will be used later by your Wizards and Enchanters. You won’t be able to help save Avalon if your fairies run out of supplies, so it’s always good to make sure you have enough food and potion ingredients to go around.

Study Hard
– Each book has multiple steps to give you a new magical spell, so unless the book is closed, there is more researching that can be done. Because a new book will sometimes show up in the same place as one you already read, always make sure that your Wizards study every book that appears!

Watch for Wanderers – When a fairy is left to wander, it will assign itself a task to do that may not be the best use of its knowledge. Always assign specific tasks to each of your fairies to make sure that they are helping to restore the elements and bring back their home, the magical world of Avalon.

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

Sarah1673
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Avalon!

[Post New]by Sarah1673 on Jun 27, 09 3:28 AM
How do u feed your fairies?

CAMD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CAMD on Jul 1, 09 2:00 AM
They use the resources as they need them... including eating.. Finally a "pet" that won't starve OR gorge on too much food. LOL I can't kill these!!! YEA!!!

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jul 14, 09 4:40 AM
I need help with this. I usually like games like this but here Im completely lost right at the beginning.

How do I make potions? I play this fairy dust minigame but the number of potions isn't getting bigger. I closed the game with 60+ potions, forgot to deactivate "working while away", immediately restarted and my potions were gone.

Now I have played for abut 30 minutes, and my queen is singing to a bug, another fairy is singing to the ripe fruit, one is researching and the other gather. How long does singing usually take?

[Post New]by MediaevalSage on Jul 14, 09 7:39 AM
Hi Turalyon

I just know what you mean - I too am utterly lost and completely baffled on how to play this game, although I've played many others which would fall into the same category. I think the game needs better instructions/tutorial from the start.

I'll give it another go and see if I can make anything of it.

Good luck.

[Post New]by tcbened on Jul 22, 09 1:10 PM
to create potions, you need to collect magic. Thee is a white thing hanging at the top almost about the fairy creator. collect from there and see where that takes you.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 29, 09 5:13 AM
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but if you hover your cursor over a task, you can see the progress made by how far the bright white glow is round the circle.

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on Aug 30, 09 3:27 PM
If you hit the "i" in the lower lefthand menu in the game it will give you tips. I didn't figure that out until the second level though...the info button is actually a lot more useful (and a quick read) compared to the live tutorial, IMO.

Just a tip, in the early part of a level, focus your efforts on gathering and maybe have one wizard start reading the books (start a youngling on the task and they'll become a wizard)...you'll pretty much need to know the content of those to do any of the actions beyond research.

[Post New]by greenwoman on May 20, 10 5:06 PM
I can't find the last discovery on the first level. I have freed the bear, but can't find what else is left to be done. Does any one know?
Thanks!

[Post New]by ScarletteSpider on Dec 29, 12 3:03 PM
ok folks, I'll share what I've learned about this game and how it works. Even though there is a ****-ton of help/how-to files in the game itself, and the tips and tricks section here is absolutely right, do what it says to do. But here's some stuff that I had to discover by just clicking on things and figuring it out by deduction and investigation.

That is the key right there, you have to do some thinking. It's not hard thinking but you can't be lazy brained with this game. You have to be a bit of a detective and look at stuff, try stuff, experiment and some deduction helps too. You also have to be patient. It does not have a time indicator for how long it takes for tasks to complete. That's part of the fun, watching your Faeries run around and do their jobs!

First things first. When you start in a new place you get a set of newbie Faeries. Put 2 to work on gathering food, 2 to work on gathering magick, and at least 1 to work gathering pollen. Put your Queen to work gathering pollen too. Make more Faeries until you have at least 4 or 5 for each task. Let the supplies build up.

While waiting for pollen to build up to make a new Faerie, have your Queen grab the stuff that only she can pick up. Also have her look around and see what can be interacted with and what color the magick is to do so. Once you have enough work force, make new Faeries to become Wizards (green) and Enchanters (blue).

Minigames is confusing until you look at the info section of the game viewer. Each of the mini games is designed to help increase productivity of the thing it produces. It does NOT make the actual thing, only the Gatherers (red) Faeries increases the totals. The better scores you get on the mini games, the more productive your Gatherers become.

For the Pollen Collector mini game, the faster you get the dandelion seeds to the flowers the higher percentage you get for your productivity. Which in turn means that each batch your Gatherers collect counts as more.

For the Potion Maker, the more bottles of Fairy Dust you make, the more your batches collected by your Gatherers count for.

For the Choir Practice, the more of the music you catch in your filter without loss, the more potent your Enchanters and Wizards singing is and takes less time for tasks to finish and less resources for them to do their tasks.

For the Food Collector, the better you are at hitting the pipes exactly when they are open and not fudge it by being off center, the higher percentage you get.

[Post New]by ScarletteSpider on Dec 29, 12 3:15 PM
(continued) The higher percentage you get the more your food batches count for when your Gatherers drop them in the collector.

None of the mini games increases your collection totals, but they do increase how much each batch collected counts for.

Next on the list should be to put the Wizards to work on the books first. Researching the first time tells you what kind of book it is. Researching a second time lets you learn the spell. You are not done with a book until it is closed, as long as it is open you should have a Wizard working on it. Check back once in a while to make sure closed books don't reopen because some of them do.

Once you have all the spell books done then put the Wizards to work on the animals and other things that need green magick. By this time you should be able to make a new Faerie or 2 that you put to task on things that need blue magick and make them Enchanters.

Animals often need you to work on them more than once before they are completely finished doing what you need them to do. Same is true with some of the plants as well, keep at them until you no longer get hovering text telling you it does/needs something.

But above all you need to be patient because it all takes time. And without a time wait indicators it does make it seem to take longer than it really does. especially if you are the impatient type like I am, lol But it isn't boring while you wait, because as your Queen, Wizards and Enchanters work on things the pictures change as things grow, wake up, get dug out, etc. And the graphics in this game is truly stunning and gorgeous to watch.

Last tip, check your quest info often, it tells you what you've done, and shows you how many things there are left to do before you are completely done with that part of the island of Avalon. The icon pictures for the unfinished ones give you a clue as to what it is you are looking for to accomplish.

I've nearly finished the game and am stuck at the end. The Fire Elemental Guardian needs me to wake him up, which means using the artifact. But there is one icon on the Fire part of the island and one icon on the Forest part of the island I haven't figured out yet. The quest info screen shows them both to be some sort of tree or bush or something but I haven't figured out what I've missed yet so I can finish. It let me waken the Earth Elemental Guardian before I got that last quest task done in the forest and it seems to be important for finishing the last quest task at the end

[Post New]by ScarletteSpider on Dec 29, 12 3:34 PM
(continued 2) So I'm going back to each place to see what I've missed, because the tips and tricks posted here by the moderators says that some books reopen and I think that may be what I've missed.

Last tip, some things need red magick, Don't take your Gatherers off of gathering tasks to do these, that is what your Queen is for. Same is true of other tasks as well. If you have stuff that needs blue magick but you have no Enchanters yet, then use your Queen. If you have stuff that needs green magick but you have no Wizards yet, use your Queen.

Some critters take longer than others, have your Queen work with the other Wizards/Enchanters to speed up the process. Having more than one Wizard or Enchanter on a task shortens how long it takes to finish the task. Even faster when the Queen is assisting. But be sure you have enough resources to put all those magick users to work. Because if you run out of potions, those Wizards/Enchanters will stop what they are doing and start gathering until you retask them.

Oh almost forgot, there is extra scenarios that pop up. Things that require you to make a decision. Always help when you have the chance to because it usually increases either a resource or potency of your singers. Only one I think that you should probably avoid is the "Noise in the Woods", that one cost me one of my Gatherers. But then later when it let me search for her again I got a big bunch of resources but still didn't get my Faerie back. Otherwise always help when you can.

Think of it this way, you are the Faerie Queen...think like a Faerie! They are curious, brave, industrious, helpful, and work like a team or hive. Their mischief making gives them a penchant for being investigators, experimenters, detectives, do-gooders and wish-granters. This game does not give you all the answers or how-to's on a platter, you have to think a little to figure it out. But I just took most of that guess work out of it for you.

So safe journey, Goddess Speed you on your way, take the Brightest Blessings of the Fae Queens Tatyana (Air), Mablyna (Earth), Lorilie-Lady of the Lake (Water), and King Pendragon (Fire) with you on your way. And above all....HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Re: Found my missing quest tasks, here's how...

[Post New]by ScarletteSpider on Dec 30, 12 3:05 AM
ok, i had to restart the game over in another profile before I figured out what I couldn't find before. But it isn't necessary to do so, redoing the steps helped

Once you get everything done with digging out the Fire Elemental Guardian you have to get the phoenix vine to his fire. But the place that lets you click on that is tricksy hobbity. Everywhere else in the game there is hover text and/or the white Celtic knots circle that lets you direct Faeries to those tasks. In this case the area that brings up the hover text is not a large one like it is everywhere else in the game. It is a very small area between the right side torch of the gate and the end of the phoenix vine, on the ground.

The first Faerie you direct there won't have that white circle so you have to wiggle the mouse around a bit to find that small area to send her to. Once you have the first Faerie working there, then the circle shows up so sending other Faeries to work on it is easy peasy after that. It will let you use 6 Faeries to work on that spot at same time so it will cut down on how long you wait for them to finish.

Also, in the first place Tranquil Forest, it may have been obvious to others but it wasn't to me. The missing quest task I couldn't find is all the fungus on the tree over the potion collector. Once I did find it I did a facepalm since it is kinda a big thing to miss lol. But the graphics are so good I thought it was just part of the scenery. Just goes to show that I needed to follow my own good advice and explore, investigate and experiment.

The creators of this game need to make more maps and places for these Faeries to work, build and restore because it's without a doubt the best time management game I've ever played. Particularly since it's in a genre that is near and dear to my heart.

Perhaps they can have the UnSeelie Creatures show up now that magick has returned and they are running amuck. Bugbears, Trolls, Giants, Harpies, Banshees, Goblins, Bogles, Hobgoblins, Red Caps, Jack-In-Irons, etc all being led by the Queen of Nightmares. Our good Seelie Queen and her gals could fight the bad Faeries, restore and rebuild what they destroyed, and keep them from going through the Veils/Gates to the Real World Plane to wreck havoc on us poor Humans! lol It be spiffy too if they could work in some other Fae Lore standards like the White Oak Heart Tree, The Bale Fire, the fifth element Spirit, Sacred Tree Grove Lodges, Circe's Sacred Well and of course Stonehenge!

Go to: