Stage 2 : Anger

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Stage 2 : Anger

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 19, 15 8:19 PM
I've been thinking (I know my first mistake ) and the more I think the angrier I get.

Why? Because I realized they've KNOWN since August they were dumping this game and the led us on.

So, let's take a walk down memory lane...

July-- We just got done with the lame 4th of July event and were eagerly awaiting the August update. Sometime around then we receive a message from Clariz (the lead designer of ART), remember how she showed us and told us about all the great things coming...

Does this sound familiar: Dinosaurs, Pirates, etc..

August-- No update. We get messages from Monika telling us it's in testing and how they are shooting for their anniversary in September.

September-- No update. People are getting mad on the forum. Some of us email boomzap, some are posting on their site, some PMing the Mods..

We get an email from the creators of BoomZap. They assure several of us that YES an update is coming they are working on a new delivery system.. It should be ready in December..

** THIS IS KEY TO MY OPINION..***

We finally get an update in January.. It's exactly as what was described as our August update from Clariz.. the only difference?

THE NEW DELIVERY SYSTEM
.. So, all along it's been the plan to dump the game.. the hold up?? Making sure it could be put on a never ending loop.

Now that the loop has worked for V-Day & Spring.. it's ok to pull the plug.

And here we are.. defending them, explaining to people how to play, etc.. and that's why I'm angry.. I feel bamboozled.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Stage 2 : Anger

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 19, 15 8:42 PM
I think when stuff like this happens in the future, I won't think of it as being bamboozled, I'll call it being BoomZapped.

The more I ferret around, the more I'm convinced that this decision wasn't made shortly before BoomZap became incommunicado.

It wasn't made shortly before last August, either. By then, BZ had already self-published several mobile phone games aimed at the Southeast Asian market.

Chris Natsuume had already spoke about what he considered the sorry state of distributors/publishers and why companies producing games should look to self-publishing in May 2014. He even mentioned that as a self-publisher, a developer has to be ready and willing to pull the plug on a free-to-play if it isn't bringing in the revenue no matter how many people love it and play it, no matter how attached to it the developer may feel.

And I sat here and posted and defended him because every other sentence out of his mouth was, "except for Big Fish, they are a good publisher" and said there was no way that ART was the free to play game he was referring to.

Yep. I've been BoomZapped.

But I'm done looking for more evidence as to who knew what when. I've wasted enough time. Just need to get the game to the point where it's ready for Pirate's Day (assuming the delivery system will work with a new special event) as soon as possible and go back to the sign in for 5 minutes to get daily reward and laugh at dq routine I was in while waiting for the fix so that I could enter the Museum. I was ready to quit then, should have listened to myself. Not going to miss Fatima at all.

Now I just need to find a way to cope with the demise of AK, the game I'm really upset about.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 19, 15 9:35 PM
I remember those articles and videos very well. And I like the reference to being Boomzapped.. very good..

Someone else mentioned it but I think it bears truth, these FTP games are not really meant for long term players. Once you become self-sufficient in these games, you're no longer profitable to them.

So in a way, what they did makes sense. Keep a player for a year.. they go through the calendar once with the events and pay $ to advance through the levels because those screwdrivers are so hard to find.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 19, 15 11:02 PM
STAGE 2 : ANGER I STARTED ANGRY. AND STILL AM. NOW I AM JUST DISGUSTED WITH THE BETRAYAL. MANY OF US PUT A LOT OF FEELING INTO ART AND AK. WILL NOT AK AS MUCH AS ART SINCE WE DID NOT GET TO ACTUALLY INTERACT WITH OUR FRIENDS THERE. THEY NEVER OPENED THE GIFTING SO NO ONE ON ONE CONTACT. BUT THE GAME WAS WONDERFUL AND ALMOST AS GOOD AS THERE STAND ALONE AK GAMES. I STILL WOULD LIKE TO COME FACE TO FACE WITH THE PERSON WHO DECIDED TO PULL THE PLUG. I WENT TO THEIR WEB PAGE AND READ WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT ENDING THE GAME. THEN TO ART'S PAGE THEY DID NOT EVEN CHANGE THE WORDING. I DID NOT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT.

THEY PULLED THE PLUG BECAUSE OF THE LONG GREEN WITH A REAL SHORT FUTURE.

I REMEMBER MAKING EXCUSES THAT THE UPDATE WAS LATE BECAUSE OF THE TYPHOON THEY HAD IN S, E, ASIA. BUT NOW I THINK THEY HAD ALREADY DECIDED TO PULL THE PLUG.

I FEEL BETRAYED.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 4:30 AM
Ok.. it's out of my system. I'm done focusing on the negative. (I think). Looking forward to seeing what Pirates Day is all about.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 20, 15 5:24 AM
There is the CH I know! Yes, I agree we had all the pieces a long time ago and proverbial writing was on the wall all along.

I never understood and surely never will understand why the process was so drawn out. I knew it was completed as of the date that BoomZap went incommunicado. It was only reinforced by the lack of a fix for that odorous glitch introduced that causes the loss of found items. My conclusion about the announcement is that BZ refuses to fix anything more on the game. Shame on them for dropping the ball and pulling out when they have created something so large and complex just to walk away with defects in place.

I will continue to pay my monthly fee, it is strictly towards the maintaining of this game. I have no use for the myriad of mindless, busy work games.

I know it is hard to see an end in sight but it can sit and cool off and come back to - how many were startled at how rusty they were with Wyoming, Yacht and Maine when Spring Fling came around? That blessed paper plane in AZ continues to allude me after every break from that city. There is more to come and we are now free of wonder.

But I still have two AES compounds to build so I will be busy for a LONG time. Looking forward to the fifth ring in the Observatory. I think my new personal goal is to build such a large store of coinage that I will go to auction and for a month play hell with the sharks. Heh. Thought makes me smile.... I am coming for you, Sharky!

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 5:26:54 AM PST

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 20, 15 5:34 AM
Well done chestnut, think we all feel a little better now, still a lot to look forward to and a lot of friends to have a laugh with, got my happy back very quickly, life is too short.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 5:58 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Ok.. it's out of my system. I'm done focusing on the negative. (I think). Looking forward to seeing what Pirates Day is all about.

Well, there's no point in wallowing in our anger. We're only hurting ourselves. We can't hurt BZ, we're no longer their target market. They not only divorced BF, they divorced us.

[Post New]by thehtkreturns on May 20, 15 7:29 AM

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 2:58:16 PM PST

[Post New]by ShirlthePearl1 on May 20, 15 7:53 AM
thehtkreturns wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

OH YEAH, I UNSUBSCRIBED FROM BZ!!!

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 2:58:54 PM PST

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on May 20, 15 3:50 PM
Rather than abandon the game, why not just charge for the updates and make money that way/Sure most of us would be willing to pay for updates. Am really gone to miss this game and will not play anymore FTP games and may look for another game supplier because they never gave us any warning and let some of us continue to spend money on a game that has no ending story.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 20, 15 5:33 PM

yes

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 3:02:42 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 20, 15 5:40 PM

Yes it was - not so much wanting to express opinions, which is fine - but the manner of doing it........

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 3:43:37 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 5:44 PM
One thing is to post your feelings and getting banned for it Shirl, another is to post to cause chaos.
[Removed by Moderator] A very fine line between the two but a VERY big difference between both. One has to mind the hosts rules no matter how one dislikes it or feels about it, that's just how it works. it's the way of life as we have been taught since children. The choice is obviously not to accept the hosts invitation.
So see Shirl your case is very much different to the poster as you never came in to disrupt for the sheer "joy" of the disruption as the previous poster stated. You came in to try to help rather than hurt and unfortunately got fin slapped for it. The poster came in to deliberately cause harm, friction and as posted negativism that really does nothing to enhance the conversation and the whole raison d'etre of the forum.

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 4:09:25 PM PST

acudeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by acudeb on May 20, 15 7:29 PM
When Boom Zap betrayed us the truth is they betrayed themselves. Their new target is the Asian market well good luck because the Asian Culture is one that is very much based on Honor. To show dishonor is to loose face. So good luck Boom Zap what goes around comes around. Karma is a Beach

[Post New]by ShirlthePearl1 on May 20, 15 10:02 PM
Bluex wrote:One thing is to post your feelings and getting banned for it Shirl, another is to post to cause chaos.
[Removed by Moderator] A very fine line between the two but a VERY big difference between both. One has to mind the hosts rules no matter how one dislikes it or feels about it, that's just how it works. it's the way of life as we have been taught since children. The choice is obviously not to accept the hosts invitation.
So see Shirl your case is very much different to the poster as you never came in to disrupt for the sheer "joy" of the disruption as the previous poster stated. You came in to try to help rather than hurt and unfortunately got fin slapped for it. The poster came in to deliberately cause harm, friction and as posted negativism that really does nothing to enhance the conversation and the whole raison d'etre of the forum.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 3:46:52 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 20, 15 11:03 PM
WAY TO GO ODDLY. I PLAY WITH THE SHARKS WHEN I AM BORED. IT IS FUN. I HAVE ENOUGH COIN TO MAKE THEM PAY THROUGH THE NOSE. AND OFTEN DO. I ALWAYS MAKE THEM PAY A FAIR PRICE FOR WHAT THEY WANT. I USES TO HAVE A FRIEND THAT WOULD SNIPE AT THEM OUT OF NOWHERE. HE WAS GOOD. TIMING PERFECT. MAKE THEM SCRAMBLE.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 20, 15 11:08 PM
WELCOME BACK MY PEARL. YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND TO HAVE.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 20, 15 11:33 PM
There is definately a way to express your opinions and not deliberately upset others, Shirl not aiming it at you, sticking up for others is always ok.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on May 21, 15 12:32 AM
You can be sure that from now on, when I go to purchase a game, I will be sure to look to see if it is a Boomzap game and if it is I WONT BE BUYING IT OR PLAYING IT!!!!

AND......I will NOT rest until they have given me back EVERY PENNY that I have spent on this game!!

Go to: