reebacat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

tutorial rubbish

[Post New]by reebacat on Jun 23, 09 11:12 AM
I think the tutorial on this game is poor does not explain enough. I have always followed instructions ok till this one

reebacat

lilhexy
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:tutorial rubbish

[Post New]by lilhexy on Jun 23, 09 11:44 AM
I agree with you on that one. I just sat here with fairies flying around, no idea what they were doing, bored out of my mind and my husband walked by and said what are you doing and I said I have no idea! lol..I didnt even finish the trial for this game...
Tami
(lilhexy)

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jun 23, 09 1:20 PM
I think the main point to remember with the game is to make sure you use the correct fairies on the objects that you're studying. Blue = enchanters, green = wizards, and red = gatherers/cleaners. It's fairly straightforward.
I just started it today, and I've finished two of the elementals already. I'll be done with this today most likely.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jun 23, 09 1:25 PM
CONFUSING ..... i have faeries doing things and actually did complete one task..i left game cuz it said they will work while game is closed so i will go back during my demo time to see what happens... ok they sing,collect, etc..... i just don't get the whole idea of the game and yes the tutorial is useless. i think it is like those tribe games where it takes forever for something to happen but i haven't found this game nowhere as interesting so far

Dudohs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dudohs on Jun 23, 09 2:17 PM
I think this game is pretty much like Virtual Villagers (allthough a lot more pretty). I mean, you put the fairies to explore and leave them working. Then turn off the game (make sure you select "leave the fairies working while off") and come back later to see what has changed. I played the whole demo and I could manage to unlock the first level. A very cute creater was revealed... but the time was over... I'm very curious about the rest but haven't decided if I'm buying...

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Jun 24, 09 12:20 AM
flaxin wrote:I think the main point to remember with the game is to make sure you use the correct fairies on the objects that you're studying. Blue = enchanters, green = wizards, and red = gatherers/cleaners. It's fairly straightforward.
I just started it today, and I've finished two of the elementals already. I'll be done with this today most likely.

How did you finish Air? I released the hawk but still haven't put power to the cog in the mountainside. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do now but the level won't end.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Jun 24, 09 12:28 AM
lisam63 wrote:CONFUSING ..... i have faeries doing things and actually did complete one task..i left game cuz it said they will work while game is closed so i will go back during my demo time to see what happens... ok they sing,collect, etc..... i just don't get the whole idea of the game and yes the tutorial is useless. i think it is like those tribe games where it takes forever for something to happen but i haven't found this game nowhere as interesting so far

The challenge is to discover all the secrets hidden on the level while maintaining food, magic and pollen resources. Focus on pollen first as this will give you more fairies. You will need to train at least one wizard and one enchanter. Play the mini-games to increase production of magic and food and reduce the cost of the fairies. You can run your resources in the yellow with no worries and I even run the magic in the red after I've accumulated a wack of it.

It's not a difficult game for anybody who has played resource management games before but I agree the tutorial could be a bit more clear. I actually turned the tutorial off early and just starting playing. Figured it out faster and easier myself.

Anything that shimmers or sparkles when you hold your mouse over it needs to be researched on or enchanted in some way. You have to illuminate the lights in the squirrel hole before you can see the end of the hole and then you have to have the Levitate spell (after lighting the book under the tree and researching it) before you can remove the obstacle at the end of the rabbit tunnel.

So in summary, research every single thing that sparkles or shimmers and you will eventually find your way to the end of the level. Previous advice about making sure you're using the right fairies is right on. If you use the wrong one, it takes forever.

I'm stuck at the end of level 2 so no genius here. Just what I've learned in playing level 1 twice.

Go to: