A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 4:06:10 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for I Know a Tale here

[Post New]by AussieMoo on May 20, 15 3:10 AM
I haven't commented for ages but felt I had to for this one. Sorry, to me, it is a stinker.

It starts with video of a couple in a car & it is pretty cheesy with some poor dubbing over it. I thought, no, ignore that, sometimes the intro can be not as good as the game. Sadly, the game felt just as bad. I lasted 2 minutes. Poor grammar, poor graphics & same old storyline of something supernatural being unleashed on the world through a stolen artifact.

Give it a go, though, as it may just be not to my taste.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on May 20, 15 4:03 AM
I liked the game. It does feel like an older game, and when you use the hint outside the HOS, it will say there is nothing to do and you have to go to different rooms and try the hint. I had no problems with playing.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 20, 15 4:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on I Know a Tale here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on I Know a Tale.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 20, 15 7:36 AM
I don't like going from room to room looking for something to do. Having a directional map in most games these days has spoiled me. Think I'll pass.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 20, 15 7:47 AM
Don't tell me there's nothing to do here give me some direction please . No buy yet again . Waiting for a game to give me that WOW factor . Credits building up

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 20, 15 11:52 AM
The game has problems, but it is a different, fun type of game. I'll give the programmers credit for that. It seems dated, and extremely linear. Too many "you can't get that yet" messages. The thing that caused me to delete this game from my hard drive was the miserable hint system. "Nothing to do here try somewhere else" is not a hint. Even with a free credit, I don't recommend it. Maybe you have more patience than I, so you might at least try it.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 20, 15 12:23 PM
Ok, really needed a distraction today so I bought the game and played it to the end. This game is so old school, it takes me back at least 10 years. Playable but far less enjoyable than more up-to-date games.

I HATED the video scenes and would have LOVED to have been able to skip them. However, no such function was incorporated. I didn't see where any of the video scenes actually leant much to the story.

The hint button was all but worthless. Game play was really more about trial and error and remembering where you've been and what you needed where. Really not useful to repeatedly be told there was nothing more to do in a particular area.

Twice items in HOGs were so far beyond the screen (once way above the edge of the screen, once way to the left of the screen hidden behind the uncharged crystal) that it was almost impossible to complete those sections.

Transitions between scenes and locations was cumbersome. The screen and cursor temporarily froze while the new scene/location was brought up. Given gaming technology today, that problem should not still exist in a recent game.

And I must again comment on written dialog and messages. There wasn't anything remotely English syntax anywhere except for in the videos. And the dubbing was so poor between the voice over and the actors' lips, it was horrible.

Please note - a "hart" is an animal, while a "heart" is what beats in your chest. Loved looking for an animal in one HOG scene when what was wanted was anything but.

Kind of wish I hadn't purchased the game. It would have been better if I'd gotten it as a freebie. Glad the game is over. Just needed to be more up-to-date, smoother in action and better tested.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 20, 15 1:06 PM
I was stupid enough to "buy" this game. What a mistake. I have been going around in circles for almost a half hour. HINTS are absolutely useless and this game gives you no direction as to where to go or what to do next. According to what I have read, most feel the same way. This has to be the worst game I have tried to play in a long time. I would like to delete it and ask for a credit.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on May 20, 15 3:02 PM
OMGosh! Where did this game come from .... and WHO really expects us to purchase it?

An older scene ... depicted by the model of the car ..... with 2 people appearing to go antiquing. Nope. They are interested in ...... robbery. Ok. They demand, at gunpoint, that the proprietor of this store "open the safe". He does, a blinding light appears and ..... ..

Your character is the town's Sheriff, sent out to investigate the robbery gone wrong .The graphics .... awful. Some black/white scenes, mostly very sepia-toned. Very one-dimensional, even with the use of live actors. I hope they got paid well. Voice overs ... awful. Clearly the lip syncing did NOT match the mouth movements. Music and Sound fx .... awful. Hmmmm. I detect a pattern here.

There are 2 difficulty levels - casual and hard. YAY! Not. A tutorial, journal that contains notes, clues, etc., a "fingerprint scanner" that doubles as a videotape machine but looks more like a more modern-ish video camera and a crystal. No idea what this crystal does. No map ... No transportable hint button.

You, apparently, will locate a number of videotapes that will help your investigation. During the entire demo, I went back and forth, and forth and back, and back and forth... well .... lots and lots of times .... in/out of 3 rooms. I mean, seriously????
You find a little girl in one of the rooms and give her the crystal. Then, she is ..... ignored. A frightened LITTLE GIRL!!!! Given a crystal that people had DIED over .... and then ignore her. Yeah. Like that.

The HOGs were list type only. One HOG indicated that you needed to "locate the items to fill up the crystal". No list appeared. Guess what???? You're looking for ..... morphing objects! Glad I figured THAT one out. Mini games? Um.....boring. One mini game will definitely be difficult for those with arthritis or hand problems .... it was long .... longer ..... yeah. I thought it would never end and finally, my hand gave out and I "skipped".

Right off the bat I can tell you this is NOT going to be a purchase for me. Boring, boring, boring .... no entertainment value, boring (did I say that already?). The storyline made no sense and there was no cohesion between the storyline and all this backtracking through 3 rooms and the items you found, etc.

I do not recommend this game for anyone. Oh, but I DO recommend BFG empty their vault and have a bonfire!

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on May 20, 15 3:04 PM
Ooops!

Forgot to say .... for all those who liked this game .....

ENJOY!!!

And many thanks for your input!

[Post New]by ladykalona on May 20, 15 8:07 PM
I have just started to play and am already stuck. Poor game.

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by nicklin60 on May 21, 15 8:24 AM
Really good game gets the brain cells working I have just finished it and give it 4 out of 5 stars. Do not be put off by the negative comments, if you like a challenge try it.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on May 21, 15 10:45 PM
I'm with the above reviewer on this!

I tried it simply because of the bad reviews and was very pleasantly surprised. It's a straightforward game without a lot of the bells & whistles that we've come to expect but instead offers an interesting storyline and a chance for us to use our little grey cells.

Well done Developers! And thank you BFG for bringing us this one!

[Post New]by Toolongsitting on May 22, 15 2:17 PM

Edited on 06/16/2015 at 10:44:46 AM PST

[Post New]by cautiousnj on May 22, 15 5:47 PM
I just started the game. I was beginning to like it. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 06/16/2015 at 12:43:34 PM PST

[Post New]by cautiousnj on May 22, 15 6:14 PM

Edited on 06/16/2015 at 12:43:54 PM PST

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on May 23, 15 9:46 PM
Good game thinking game. Had fun playing.. Took a while but fun just figuring it out.. English not all that great and hints not so good..kinda on your own but fun game and i had fun with it...

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 15, 15 9:25 PM
Enjoyed the game, but BFG must have dug deep into the
Dusty Vaults for this one.
Release Date: 2009

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 16, 15 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for their feedback on this particular game. I'd also like to remind players that this thread is designated for reviews only. Please keep in mind that content that isn't a review will be removed per the guidelines.

For players that are experiencing technical issues, you are welcome to post in the designated technical thread. I'll include a link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for I Know a Tale here

If you are still having issues, contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can!

Thanks for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 06/16/2015 at 10:36:52 AM PST

Go to: