Minoosis
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Developers have a heart please

[Post New]by Minoosis on May 20, 15 8:03 AM
It's most discouraging to go around and around in the scenes only to be rewarded with a harpy feather for example. I recently did what my character wanted to go up a level and I had to create the items three times. I used 40 murderers eyes in 90 minutes. When I'm lucky enough to get one or two of them in a day when I search the crypt.

The other scene is the armory and not giving what's needed to make the pink lotus. During that same 90 minutes I needed that pink lotus 16 times. This is cruelty making us repeat scene after scene and not getting what's needed to actually proceed up levels, and asking for three of the same item to be created at a time.

Players, if you agree with me add your comments. Let's try and keep this one in front of the developers and maybe they'll have a heart and give us some relief.

Minoosis

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Developers have a heart please

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 20, 15 8:20 AM
Minoosis, you don't say what level you're at, but I'm guessing the 30s or early 40s. The devs have heard our pleas and did make it better. BUT, since they weren't going to reprogram the old levels, you have to get to about level 48 and then it's a lot better. There are fewer duplicates and triplicates. Now one character might have all crafting of mainly different items, but the other active character could be all zoom zone quests. You just have to slog through the levels with help from your friends, pets, and maybe a little every now and then! Good luck.

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on May 20, 15 9:20 AM
I agree with everything you say Minoosis. It is very discouraging and yes I have had the harpy feather every time. The pink lotus is so hard to get and thank heavens I have good friends that have helped me out with the Pink lotus or I would still be going round and round to no avail.

I have just completed level 48 and I found it very hard to get the items that were needed. I am hoping for an easier ride now.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 9:28 AM

I'm stuck in the same pattern.. very frustrating

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by robB1 on May 20, 15 10:05 AM
I agree, those levels are frustrating.

I think the worst was having to get 3 bracelets of seeing, each one of which requires 4 of something else. I forget what exactly.

But you get your head down and get through it and you do eventually get through it.

What I can honestly say I have *never* noticed however, is wanting, say, an immortal treasure for a binding egg for a quest, going to the dragons lair scene or whatever it is called, and being given something else. If I've wanted an object from a zoom zone to complete a characters quest, I have *always* been given it.

Note I'm aware that getting stamps is a matter of luck, as is airship items.

Minoosis
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Minoosis on May 20, 15 10:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up about level 48 Rosiebvt. I'm at level 40...just.. And I'm finding it very frustrating.just the thought of 8 more levels of this is sending me into palpitations...I love the game, but not this aspect. I have personally de feathered several harpies...lol...
Thanks for letting me know that there is hope ahead.
Minoosis

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 20, 15 11:15 AM
I think 41 was the most grueling level! I'm only at 42 as I'm building up my items but as a little tip, I've written down the things that are just used for crafting and I keep those at 50 below of the items required for zz's. I know the Harpy's Feather has a use later on so I keep those at about 20-30 than the Murder's Eye, Torch and Eight-Pointed Star. I have 83 Harpy's and over 100 of the rest so it seems to work best this way.

I've come to look at the game as a merry go round, I stay on for about 2 weeks (sometimes less, sometimes more) and then I quest. It usually let's me go 2-4 levels. I've built up a nice nest egg while I was it. When I get to level 54, I think I'll breeze through to 63 or whatever the update is when I reach that point. MM, merry go round should be back up.

dwilson11
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by dwilson11 on May 20, 15 11:18 AM
I'm with you all - I hit level 40 about 2 weeks ago and not even a 3rd through. I had a couple of small wins on the tourney and treated myself to a couple of immortal treasures to at least get a couple of the quests from the mechanical thing in the station.
Back in the holding pattern now getting coins back up for the next set of crafting. Inventory empty but for keys and harpy feathers and the spring stuff. All murderous eyes, immortal treasures and the other thing you need with it to go to the binding egg. Also used up all the banner of loyalty. Yes it definitely gets harder.
Yes I have put an immortal treasure and the bears head on my wishlist but to be honest I don't expect them as everyone must have used up all their supplies to get through this murderous level.
Thank you to those that have been trying to help me and I will keep going round and round and eventually will see light at the end of the tunnel.
I think one of my garden plants (olive tree) has got a bit of a problem with little black spots on a few leaves so as summer is coming here in the UK I think I will just pick off the spotty leaves, dead head the flowers, chill a bit with a glass of wine and come back to it later.
Best wishes to all
Deb

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 20, 15 11:29 AM
You "youngsters" ought to be grateful you didn't have the great lockout at level 17/18 and then the dreaded old version of the Bow Figurine like us "oldies" eh Rosie?

Stick with it, take a break if necessary but once you get to the higher levels as Rose has said it is much better. Still have to work hard to get the coins in though!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 11:55 AM
cynththemoler wrote:You "youngsters" ought to be grateful you didn't have the great lockout at level 17/18 and then the dreaded old version of the Bow Figurine like us "oldies" eh Rosie?

Stick with it, take a break if necessary but once you get to the higher levels as Rose has said it is much better. Still have to work hard to get the coins in though!

Well, I did have the level 18 lockout and the bow.. I think this ranks pretty close to the Bow, just a different flavor of the same ice cream.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 20, 15 11:58 AM
Yeppers cynththemoler! Should we tell them that to go from level 53 to 59 it will take over 400,000 coins to open and create everything? (You do earn a few coins along the way from completed tasks, but I vaguely remember I had about 600,000 coins in the coffers while I waited for the next update, and I had about 250,000 left when it maxed out at level 59.)

Work the rooms, work the rooms, work the rooms. Open the game daily to get your present even if you have no time to play. Stay away of the wheel of fortune except for your free spin. Try to work on the achievements that give you diamonds but don't cost you (move the knights every day, for instance).

The levels in the 40's are the most grueling by asking you to go to the same room to get the item you need 4 x 2 times...that said, it also helps you build inventory, coins, airship items, and stamps if you ALSO go into every room you can go into each time you cycle to the one room that has the item you need/want.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 11:59:03 AM PST

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 20, 15 12:04 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Should we tell them that to go from level 53 to 59 it will take over 400,000 coins to open and create everything?

I'm good, then!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 12:24 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Yeppers cynththemoler! Should we tell them that to go from level 53 to 59 it will take over 400,000 coins to open and create everything? (You do earn a few coins along the way from completed tasks, but I vaguely remember I had about 600,000 coins in the coffers while I waited for the next update, and I had about 250,000 left when it maxed out at level 59.)

Not sure what you mean? How does what happens later relate to what's going on now in the 40s? The OP was conveying their frustration for where they are at..

And they are correct.. The level 40s and very frustrating.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 12:25 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Minoosis, you don't say what level you're at, but I'm guessing the 30s or early 40s. The devs have heard our pleas and did make it better. BUT, since they weren't going to reprogram the old levels, you have to get to about level 48 and then it's a lot better. There are fewer duplicates and triplicates. Now one character might have all crafting of mainly different items, but the other active character could be all zoom zone quests. You just have to slog through the levels with help from your friends, pets, and maybe a little every now and then! Good luck.

Thank you for acknowledging that these series of quests are difficult.. glad to see it gets better.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 20, 15 4:23 PM
It may be that time heals all wounds, but I actually think the bow figurine was more doable than the late 40s and three bracelets of seeing. Yes, it took an extremely long time to get through but we had to go to different areas to get all the parts to finish one. It was early enough in the game that we were all still hooked and not feeling battle fatigue yet . And when you finally did get one done you really felt a sense of accomplishment. No, I'm not asking for it back, but I don't want to go through 44-48 again either. The game is what it is. I just hope I can find the time to get some rounds in. I'm actually being held up by not having the inventory, not by the coins! HOS, here I come again (and again, and again).

Minoosis
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Minoosis on May 20, 15 4:25 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone has been. It would still be nice if the developers could ease up a bit at this level. It seems like I just keep playing and getting nowhere. Maybe I just need a break...from the developers would be nice...lol

Minoosis

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 20, 15 6:40 PM
cynththemoler wrote:You "youngsters" ought to be grateful you didn't have the great lockout at level 17/18 and then the dreaded old version of the Bow Figurine like us "oldies" eh Rosie?

I had to lol when I read your post..That was exactly what happened to me...Locked out and then had to deal with the original Bow Figurine..i finished the last Bow Figurine quest 1 hour before they changed it to the new format..yep, been there,done that..

JAhroni
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by JAhroni on May 20, 15 8:15 PM
I agree!

I have had many frustrating obstacles to overcome. Now approaching Level 44 and that greedy little Chris wants three of the devil's gloves while Ragnus needs three riveted disks which can only come from the winter idol which requires two devil's gloves and two masks of virtue. Yo! developers! that is 9 devil's gloves which will take 9 hours (if I don't break down and buy a few--which maybe is your point).

With all the great items in this game I see no reason to make me need 9 of the same item at the same time. It just pisses me off. I sign on for 5 minutes, get a masks and a glove and close the game for an hour.

Once I get past this obstacle I will make the rounds of the HO again but right now I am just getting in and getting out which is not a pleasant gaming experience.

43lil
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by 43lil on May 20, 15 9:14 PM
Sent you a PM. Linda

Bcurls
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bcurls on May 21, 15 11:06 AM
hi all,

i'm stuck on level 50 with the blue dot issue & **** does not recognize my quest. i'm still getting different things instead of the pink lotus & can't move on from this quest & who know when i'll be able to move on past 50. i was really discouraged to learn i'll 400,000 coins to open up stuff. i keep working the scenes. thanks for all the information. i really appreciate it!

Go to: