ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Play Time

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 9:56 AM
I have a question for those who have either restarted or just begun playing.

How much playtime in days, weeks, months has it taken you to go from the beginning of the game to the completion of the AES museum complex.. or where ever you are now?

-- I don't have a point of reference because the game was on hold for so long.. just trying to get a sense of how much playtime there if you play without delays.--

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Play Time

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 10:14 AM
For the benefit of anybody who doesn't already know this, if you click on the gears, then click settings, then click credits, the amount of time you've spent playing is shown in hours.

That will give you some sort of indication of how long it takes to complete content, keeping in mind that if you've worked on achieving guru status, put in long hours earning gold during the special events, are an auction junkie, or do long sessions playing the arcade, that number will be inflated.

For example -I spent 2 hours playing the arcade one day and only reduced my inventory by 120 stars.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 10:25 AM
Chestnut, I restarted due to the merge issue, i looked back to make sure as I listed it on the threads. May 6th. level one......I am now on level 42 and in the process of fixing the airplane quests. I have to wait a bit since I have to get to level silhouette in Pensacola and still at connoisseur to get the last parts. So 14 days so far 148 hours (6+ solid days) per the game clock. I have all cities open with the exception of some mini scenes and although I can't get to them up to NZ in the countries are open.
Now granted I have been pushing it and know how to push it to get to the higher levels faster thus opening the mini games.
I have had a wonderful time doing it also.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 10:53:58 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 20, 15 10:29 AM
the 1st number is hours? Are you sure... then I've barely played this game at all.. My number is 732:11:xx which if I divide the 732 by 24 hrs.. I've only been playing for around 30 days..

Seems like a lifetime.. but then I barely logged in over the 7 months.. maybe it's true?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 10:29 AM
Blue - how many hours did that take? See my post above yours if you don't know where to find that info.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 10:34 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:the 1st number is hours? Are you sure... then I've barely played this game at all.. My number is 732:11:xx which if I divide the 732 by 24 hrs.. I've only been playing for around 30 days..

Seems like a lifetime.. but then I barely logged in over the 7 months.. maybe it's true?

Yep. My first number is 1,300. But I hadn't checked it in ages. A lot of that time was spent on buying and selling in the auction in the early part of 2014. For a long period of time, all there was to do was the daily quest and hand out keys. Probably didn't play more than 5 minutes those days since I just don't care what my level is or whether I'm a guru or trainee.

Unless you strive for guruhood, or want to amass 100 of each collection or set up some other personal goal, there isn't as much as game as people think there is if you're defining game as quests to be completed.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 10:50 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Blue - how many hours did that take? See my post above yours if you don't know where to find that info.

I edited my post.. 148 hours of SOLID game play. But remember if you don't ever log off it I would think it would skew the hours. I log off.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 11:11:16 AM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 11:08 AM
Tsue Is very correct. If you go full blast, not much to the game. If you concentrate on leveling and opening the game up, not much too it at all. If you wish to take it to guru on all levels , that's another way to play. If you wish to play for quests then easy does it. Really its up to the player how one plays. If you look at the auction that's another way to play also. I spent weeks playing our Teodi before it was FORCED on my person .lol..The same with other mini games, eeeekkk not that leaf one! The game is really what you make of it, so therefore I am really not worried about its not getting updated(outside the glitches)
I would wholeheartedly urge and highly recommend to anyone playing it and loving the game ,once the December is done to restart it again. It really is a wonderful game and worth playing over.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 11:18 AM
If you want to be able to buy everything that's on offer, you will have to play more than the quests, I would imagine. And I'm not sure if you can get everything that needs to be paid for with gold (the mega truck, the cat, all the pet accessories, etc) without winning a bunch of it in the arcade or earning it during the special events or buy flying to Spain and Romania over and over and over.

After the last update, I don't think I'd enjoy more of the same. More trips to Antarctica for paintbrushes? Fatima or somebody else asking me "What's the next step?" and then answering herself "This is the next task!" I've never been so happy a game DIDN'T have voice overs.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on May 20, 15 11:36 AM
Hmm... I never checked that, it's very interesting....
I play the game since December 2014, my game tells me I've played for 437 hours.
I finished everything (including all AES buildings), I customized all buildings to pirates. My only quest left is Odin - and the daily one, of course. I still enjoy the game, and surely will stay at least until christmas... I missed that last time, beeing on a holiday.
Have fun !!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 20, 15 4:15 PM
I don't think we had Christmas in 2014. If we did, I must have slept through it. Some days I seem to play on auto pilot. Will check how long I have been playing next time I go into the game.

Bondi

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 20, 15 4:17 PM
No Christmas in 2014.

We went from the June update and the lame Independence Day special event and kept mowing the lawn until the January update gave us snow and the museum complex to build.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 4:48 PM
nor Thanksgiving or Halloween. we did the wacky July 4th and that was it. So I look forward to doing those and racking up ZE gold yet again for Miss terrorist Isis ISSA!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 22, 15 1:32 AM
Checked and found that I have played 466.06:28 in the game. around 19.41 days as against over 55 days in MC

Bondi Girl

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 23, 15 7:41 AM
My time in ART is 729 hours or 30.375 days. That means I have spent a month of my life playing this game. While I have thoroughly enjoyed myself, that really seems like a lot.

I have played AK for 350 hours or 14.58 days, but I have pretty much stopped playing this game once I had completed all the quests. I have played MC 11 days, but I had to start MC over last July.

This was an interesting exercise.

Edited on 05/23/2015 at 7:45:23 AM PST

Go to: