Wow! Way to go Annaquinn!

Annaquinn
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:5/20/15 Legends Recognition

[Post New]by Annaquinn on May 20, 15 8:00 PM
Thank you.
I was so far ahead that I wrote an acceptance “speech”. I know that some of the older players are having problems with ROM. I am not there yet. I love this game. Please bear with me while I tell my story.
One of my first neighbors was SaraCrowley. I was inspired by her level and then the repeated wins of legends. I asked her how she did it. “Just doing the mods and feeding the creatures.” I still didn’t understand. Before Christmas, Deadme another long time neighbor, sent me a message on how well I was doing on the leader board. I didn’t see it. She replied the 2nd page is really better than the 1st.
At that time I didn’t know there was a 2nd page and there it was. I had 2nd or 3rd place in most of the categories. We were assembling Christmas presents and someone on the forum had said that the best way to get them to drop was to just go round and round in one room – so that is what I was doing at day change. Little did I know, that’s what gets the points in the mods. Deadme told Sara and Sara sent me message after message on how to keep my place. I placed 2nd and 3rd in all categories on Christmas day. Sara took 1st place in everything. So the next week I tried it again. And took first place on the 2nd page and traveler but I ran out of charges and couldn’t get enough experience points to beat Wilnat, who is another one of my neighbors.
When Wilnat did it again awhile later – I asked her if I could be bold enough to ask for her strategy. She most graciously shared it with me but it took a lot of planning and preparation.
I started to cultivate my neighborhood. I discovered neighbors that didn’t know how to gift or had neglected gifting. They reformed and became wonderful neighbors or were deleted. I found great new neighbors from the forum especially Tramserran and SunFlash (sorry she is gone). I cultivated a track record for successful expeditions both my own and others.

Annaquinn
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Annaquinn on May 20, 15 8:01 PM
Last week I had a cancelled appointment on Wednesday. I was near enough to ready so I decided to try it on my account that was just lacking the first page minus traveler. All was going well until I was being challenged by several different people for the various ghosts. Two were neighbors – Rumbithecore for Octopus and Happy5Sunshine for Ghosts. I asked them nicely to back off. I didn’t realize that Rumbi was trying for legend – she just needed the 2nd page and traveler – just what I didn’t need – so she stopped doing Octopi. Happy5Sunshine asked me to explain what it was she wasn’t supposed to do and what the leader board thing was. Like I had been, she was blissfully ignorant of not just the 2nd page but also the 1st – and she was doing extremely well and had only been playing a month. She graciously let me know when she had accidently chased a ghost so that I could set things right.
I would have shared the legends for last week with Rumbi except for the Marine Queens which I usually have a lot of – I tried valiantly with over 200 of them, I ran out of gold cards and places to get them. Down to my last gem. So that is the only category that I lack for legend. But Rumbi certainly deserves it by herself. And I am next to her this week in my own right.
My husband was going to be gone 4 days this week – and my few usual appointments cancelled so I considered the first neighborhood a warm up. I thought that my second neighborhood was a little less well prepared, not as well cultivated – so I asked a few of my neighbors to join me there. In particular, Deadme who watches over everything like a mother hen. Bless you sweet one. I swear that she can contact me ‘through the ethers' to let me know to wake up, like she did this morning when there was a new contender for Octopi. Tramserran, Happy5 (legends in the making), and the new Rumbi accepted my invitations also just to help things along.
To my great delight, there proved to be quite marvelous and helpful neighbors in the second neighborhood. Fergie38, Schildkrote68, kkk, rianel1 to name a few and the faithful and awesome duo and dual neighbors, Shelly and Jeff (aka JeffSteer and Jellyanddogs) always ready to feed a dragon. And many others that finished dragon feeding behind my back.
It was hard work, but WE did it. It truly is a community effort. I am not sure that the prizes are worth the effort but the great neighborhood and friends are definitely worth it.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 8:09:44 PM PST

Annaquinn
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Annaquinn on May 20, 15 8:02 PM
Last week several of my neighbors were on the leaderboard, this week I only recognize Happy5Sundshine who placed 3rd in Traveler and the mods.
Last week I had two lucky clovers drop, this week one of my dual neighbors – a neighbor in both neighborhoods, won the lottery, kjomphe – how good is that!!!! The simple things that make us happy.
Thank you everyone including my husband who indulges me any passion I may have as long as he has clean socks.
THANK YOU – THANK YOU ONE AND ALL
Drinks are on me!!!!!!!!!

Annaquinn and annaquinn

Now what next – Comps? I played a few rounds with Clicky007 waiting for the rune board the other night. Maybe I need to investigate that portion of the game.

Fergie38
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Fergie38 on May 21, 15 1:34 AM
Congratulations, you did it, BRAVO - BRAVO
Félicitations (in French ;-)) and thank you to you too to be a super neighbor

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on May 21, 15 3:12 AM
Well Done you've done it With last weeks trail run, you work so hard to get there and now you got there in the end

Annaquinn Clean sweeped the board on Legends

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on May 21, 15 4:28 AM
Congratulations Annaquinn clean sweep in all categories. Well done.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on May 21, 15 4:38 AM
Well done Annaquinn! What hard work. You deserve a nap!

I love that you shared some tips for Legends and loved your acceptance speech. Such grace and ability to ask your neighbors for help.

I concur that the chests are not worth the effort. It's the accolades and knowledge of having the support of great friends that make it worthwhile.

Big round of applause to you

rumbi4
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by rumbi4 on May 21, 15 8:37 AM
Congratulations Annaquinn

A fabulous achievement

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on May 22, 15 1:51 AM
CONGRATULATIONS BIG "A".

You truly are a wonderful neighbour and friend to both our sides!

Go to: