ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Starting A New Game

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 21, 15 4:27 PM
I think it's been discussed, but I have a question..

If you start a new game, will you keep any of your gold or gems or collections? Or is everything zeroed out.. Even with your original game name?

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Starting A New Game

[Post New]by cabega on May 21, 15 4:49 PM
If you want to play again from the beginnig, I would choose an other name. Cause everything will got lost if you play a new game. You have to buy and build up everything new.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 21, 15 5:31 PM
I started a new game. Everything is gone. But, not remembering what email I had used, when prompted somewhere around the 9th quest, I used the same email again. And they alerted me to sign in with my account information...and when I did, there was my old game. So, you have a choice.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 21, 15 6:30 PM
Thank you both, it's not for me-- I'm done. But a few folks have asked me and I didn't know.

If you have any tips other tips for restarting please let us know.. I think there are a couple of folks who would like to replay the adventure.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on May 22, 15 7:07 AM
I started this game two weeks ago and am enjoying it. I would, however like to start again under a new name as I have made some mistakes and have learned some lessons, all of which would help me if I started anew. But my computer will not let me. I even downloaded the original game and reinstalled it but it still has my original name and there is nowhere to make a new profile. I tried up at the left hand side but it only changed my name and still kept the same progress. Can someone please help me. Thank you. I do know the game is now really incomplete but I am enjoying the quests and the puzzles and the overall pleasure it gives me.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 22, 15 1:27 PM
Tartanpimpernel wrote:I started this game two weeks ago and am enjoying it. I would, however like to start again under a new name as I have made some mistakes and have learned some lessons, all of which would help me if I started anew. But my computer will not let me. I even downloaded the original game and reinstalled it but it still has my original name and there is nowhere to make a new profile. I tried up at the left hand side but it only changed my name and still kept the same progress. Can someone please help me. Thank you. I do know the game is now really incomplete but I am enjoying the quests and the puzzles and the overall pleasure it gives me.

In the settings section is an option to restart the game. You will keep the same social code and you can use the same name to play if you want to. You will lose all your assets. When you receive the quest to make friends, all your old friends will reappear.

The only way to make a new profile is to do so on another computer, complete the quest to register it, and then use that registration info to sign into that game when you start up your first game.

You will then be able to toggle between the two games by using the sign in feature. However, having two games on the same computer is not a feature that is supported by BZ/BF and some people who have done this have had the two games merge and/or be contaminated .

The best thing to do is start a new game using your old social code.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on May 26, 15 1:38 PM
I wanted to start also a new game, but I spend soooooooooo much real money in the last year, I would never ever do again.

If your energybar is at 6750, all of your collectables are minimum to 65, and your soups ar between 12 and 20, than you know what I mean.

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on May 26, 15 5:09 PM
cabega wrote:
If your energybar is at 6750, all of your collectables are minimum to 65, and your soups ar between 12 and 20, than you know what I mean.

Wow, I've only got 540 energy - seems I've got a long way to go. What level did you get to?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 26, 15 6:18 PM
cabega wrote:I wanted to start also a new game, but I spend soooooooooo much real money in the last year, I would never ever do again.

I know the feeling. If you have a friend. You could give them all your collections to hold onto.. and see the post above looks like you keep your gold & gems.. the only thing you'd lose is your soup and energy level..

but you'll be able to amp up pretty quickly I think.. Besides hanging onto a game that you can't really play is pointless, yes?

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on May 26, 15 7:09 PM
MagentaRose wrote:
cabega wrote:

Wow, I've only got 540 energy - seems I've got a long way to go. What level did you get to?

I must be at level 74 or so. I didn't play a lomg time.

Edited on 05/26/2015 at 7:10:20 PM PST

katseye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by katseye on May 27, 15 2:18 AM
well since there will be no more updates, i decided to start another game, no such luck it wont even download. sucks big time.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 27, 15 1:33 PM
WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING ON? IF PC YOU CAN START ANOTHER GAME USING OTHER USERS. THAT IS HOW I GOT MY SECOND GAME IN AK, ART, AND 3 IN MC. I HAD 3 ON MY OLD LAPTOP IT WAS VISTA, I HAVE ALL THE ONES I MENTIONED ON THIS LAPTOP IT IS WINDOWS 8. ALL USING OTHER USERS.

chivers1
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by chivers1 on May 27, 15 2:15 PM
You will lose everything except friends, best thing to do is get as many coins/XP collectibles as can , then auction to a good friend who will keep them for you til can afford to buy back! Personally, I have done this and went thru all again so quickly that I wish had started from scratch

Go to: