PLAYER.....show yerself

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

PLAYER.....show yerself

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on May 21, 15 7:10 PM
Chalk another to PLAYER......brows both are raised!!!

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

Re:PLAYER.....show yerself

[Post New]by Rahia on May 21, 15 7:24 PM
Okay, okay. I admit it! I am all the Players! I'll start naming them player1, player2, player3, and so on, that way no one is confused anymore. I'm completely kidding of course. I can barely handle the two games I play, let alone more.

I'm just going to think it isn't the same person and just a happy !

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 21, 15 7:31 PM
A while ago someone explained why s/he was named player. After doing well in a tournament this person started getting massive numbers of friend requests, and didn't want to have to deal with the potential freeloaders. Especially if it happens every time you enter a tournament.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 21, 15 7:43 PM
rosie, I completely understand why people use Player instead of their names. I have no problem declining people so I just use my name. I got 10 today (I usually only get two or three right after a tournament), they all went to the declined bin. I have about 30 or more people sitting in there. Of course it really doesn't help that I picked an unusual name but this is life.

Edit: I should say I only decline when I haven't confirmed a players in game name or if the invite comes an hour or two after a tournament. If I don't get a PM or something, I just assume they picked me off the tournament board and they can go in the decline bin. Does that make me rude?

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 7:45:49 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 21, 15 8:00 PM
Once again 'Player' has topped the leader board, this will have to be investigated, as I have said no one is that lucky all the time,

I know that if you change avatars and put 'player' there is a sea of them, but if you change back to your game name it will come up on the tourney board, that being said they are being run every 7 to 8 hours now and it's not hard to just decline the new invites, one click and they are gone,

BTW:- the Mod's can see the players ID No. if they wish to, I think it's time to kick this up to the powers that be and have this investigated,

AG1

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on May 21, 15 8:10 PM
All of you are straight up.......I'd say I am in that pool....if there isn't a SNAFU with this then so be it....if there is then I'd love to hear the truth behind the ruse....just a little odd from my stand point....

hugs to all a ya

**D@NgeR**.....out

frogmatic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by frogmatic on May 21, 15 8:14 PM
It's worth noting that that particular 'player' always gets a score of exactly 348,329 !!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on May 21, 15 8:18 PM
totally......samsies with the two first place exact scores too........497,749?!?!
the two prior tournaments that is

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 8:19:03 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 21, 15 8:20 PM
I have just reported this to a Mod, after the timer glitch when some players did take advantage of getting very high scores I am feeling that we are being played again, no pun intended, yesterday this 'Player' did get a score of over 100,000 more than the 2nd place getter, not a happy thing to do but I am feeling a bit cheated and so should all the players that do play fair,

AG1

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on May 21, 15 8:25 PM
I got your 6 aussie, fyi....the timer with the new tournys is still for me jacked.....I finish a room in say 25 sec....then the actual time is increased by 4...always 4 sec....so the 25 is 29 and so on for each room......this isn't rt. either.......FIX IT BF!!!
and stop the madness....!!

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 21, 15 8:29 PM
Are you on PC?

AG1

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on May 21, 15 8:30 PM
Yup.....pc

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 21, 15 9:09 PM
Doh !!!

I have seen you on the score board, just put it down to very early onset of a seniors moment

Don't know if a reply will come till my tomorrow morning, BFG time is 17 hours behind me, so it is Friday afternoon here, I think there will be another Tourney at my 6pm, it has been happening like this for the last 5 days, will see if 'Player' turns up tonight, if not then we can narrow down the continent they are on, or maybe they are an insomniac, LOL

AG1

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 21, 15 11:39 PM
Deer stalkers and magnifying glasses at the ready!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 22, 15 1:43 AM
EXACT same score AGAIN .... 348,329 for player!!!!!!!!!!! Lighting does NOT strike THAT many times in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's greedy... it's selfish.... it's not fair to EVERYone else who plays FAIR

I've never been in second place, but... player got 43 diamonds and second place got 14... ummm .... if I was in second, I'd be... a different kind of mad hatter... where did I put Jack????

That person HAS to know they have a glitch.... I understand making hay while the sun shines, but NOT at the expensive of everyone else.

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 2:08:23 AM PST

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on May 22, 15 1:59 AM
After Reading These Posts I Thought ..Hmmm Speculating ,Surely Not ...Well I Have Seen It For Myself .....Not Saying This Person Cheats ..Obviously A Glitch There..."Gandalf"

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 22, 15 2:07 AM
Gandalf,

Glitch or not they are taking to fun away and I think it's time to call another 'Boycott' of the tournaments until this player is investigated by the Mod's, they are using the tournament to get all the diamonds and it's a big 'sc**w you' to all of us,

I am so peed off, I can't believe this is happening again

AG1

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 4:26:00 AM PST

altab57
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by altab57 on May 22, 15 2:58 AM
I love playing the tournament. Its win some, loose some. Exiting.
How does one manage to cheat? Would not know where to begin..

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 22, 15 3:28 AM
altab57,

I am sure that there are some very savvy IT people out there and if a code can be written for a game or tournament it can be manipulated, we had a timer glitch a while back which allowed some people to cheat their way to the top, this is why the tournaments were down for so long (about Jan 2015) now this one "player" is topping the leader board again and again, it's not fair to those of us that do play fair,

FYI:- if a program can be written it can be hacked plain and simple, I have a big vain popping out of my forehead as I know this just isn't fair to all of us and they are hiding behind their "naked avatar and the name Player" if they were playing fair why are they hiding? and as I said no one is that lucky!!!

AG1

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 22, 15 4:45 AM
Yup, any game can be modded. I have modded a few myself but those were single player games that I had already played through at least twice without the help of mods. I'm speaking of Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc etc. I don't think games like Midnight Castle need to be modded (fixed, yes, modded, no). It's a HOS first and foremost.

As for the tourney's, I haven't tried but I'm guessing the score can be manipulated. If you are getting the same score over and over again. I raise my eyebrow in that direction. I have never gotten the same score twice. I've come close by a couple of hundred but never the same score. It's not fun when someone cheats on a multiplayer game and the tournaments are multiplayer. I think everyone should have the same chance at scoring in the top 100 as those that have. I know I was frustrated when I played in the first tournament (during the timer glitch). I saw those high scores and said, "Nope!".

Ah well, I have fun playing anyway. It breaks up the merry go round. If people feel the need cheat, bleh! Silliness!

Go to: