Curious

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Curious

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 21, 15 9:54 PM
How did you come up with your screen name?

For me, Chestnut is the name of one of my dogs.. Heights is part of where I live.

And to be honest, had I known I'd be posting (didn't even know what it was when they had me create a name) I would have thought of something cooler and catchier.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Curious

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 21, 15 10:38 PM
For my name here i used a play on words from the name my grandson called me when he was aged about 2. Both his grandmothers were named Sue so he came up with a unique way of telling us apart.

My in game name Bondi Girl is where I grew up and lived for the first 50 years of my life. My summers were spent on the beach and I am now paying for it with skin cancers galore. Those were the days we cooked ourselves with coconut oil and olive oil to get a suntan.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on May 21, 15 10:44 PM
I like the name ChesnutHeights (sounds kind of like a British country estate).

My names are the names of my beloved dogs who died of old age a couple of years ago - Aksanti and Mpendo (both miniature schnauzers).

Cheers

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on May 21, 15 11:30 PM
My middle name is Kay and I love and care for Katz's. =v=

[Post New]by MomKnowsBest on May 21, 15 11:30 PM
Hi ya all. Mine is because Moms do know what's best for everyone. (tee hee) It riles everyone when I prove them wrong many times .

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on May 21, 15 11:45 PM
I was thinking of pastimes for antique shop so went with Times, fishfingers 10 really speaks for itself although i was told that in USA its fish sticks.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 21, 15 11:59 PM
ONE OF MY GAMES IS MY MOTHER'S NAME THE OTHER IS ONE OF MY AUNTS. WHO PASSED A FEW YEARS AGO . MY MC GAMES ARE FOR ANOTHER AUNT A NIECE. AND WHAT MY LITTLE CHARGE STARTED CALLING ME WHEN HE LEARNED TO TALK. HE HAD TO FIGURE A WAY TO TELL ME FROM HIS MOM. I HAVE BEEN HIS NANNY SINCE HE WAS 3 MO. OLD. I SPENT MORE TIME WITH HIM THAN HIS MOM.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on May 22, 15 5:36 AM
Barbara is my real name, and Sofie is the name I ever wanted and never got
So it's rather lack of fantasy....
In AK I'm Barbarasofie, too - and in ART I'm Elsarwen (Elsa is my second name and I'm a fan of the elve Arwen in Lord of the Rings)

CindyDean
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by CindyDean on May 22, 15 6:13 AM
I am not very creactive. Mine is my first and middle name. 8o)

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 22, 15 8:04 AM
Well all my working life at least 20 times a day I would say Sign on the X. Well of course all we were allowed to use was black ink back then. BlackX would have sounded to mysterious and ominous. One of our adopted dogs who is part Blue pointer if there is such a thing and Stegosaurus is called simply enough... Blue. put em together and whatdoyouget BLUEX

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 8:06:30 AM PST

[Post New]by MomKnowsBest on May 22, 15 8:56 AM
Bluex wrote:Well all my working life at least 20 times a day I would say Sign on the X. Well of course all we were allowed to use was black ink back then. BlackX would have sounded to mysterious and ominous. One of our adopted dogs who is part Blue pointer if there is such a thing and Stegosaurus is called simply enough... Blue. put em together and whatdoyouget BLUEX

That would be a Blue Heeler, an Australian Cattle Dog. I use to work at a Kennel and learned about all types of Dog Breeds. I use to own a set of Shetland Sheep Dogs, hated when people would refer to them as miniature Collies.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 22, 15 9:06 AM
Well how he got to the Miami pound where he was adopted is still a mystery to us. Especially the stegosaurus part! But at 12 yrs old, Australian, Kiwi or Dino... He is just my baby boy..Speaking of baby.. I thought I woke up dead this morning. Couldn't breathe, felt something heavy on my chest and thought it was the casket. Turns out it was 20lbs of Neurotic CAT, just eying me on top my person. I said good morning, you trying to kill me? He just eyed me and pawed at my mask. you think he wants the insurance money too?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 22, 15 10:09 AM
I am rather proud of Wulfruna. She was a medieval noblewoman who lived at about the same time as Lady Godiva (heard of her????!!). They were both rich landowners in the Midlands area of England in the 11th century - this was known then as Mercia. Their estates were only a fairly short distance apart. Godiva lived a bit later than Wulfruna and is only known for her one brave act - but I'll bet you don't know why she did it? It was an act of defiance against her husband who had imposed an unjust landtax on his tenants to which she strongly objected. The legend says that he agreed to remove it only if she was prepared to ride naked through the streets - which she did, and he climbed down and removed the tax.

Wulfruna on the other hand was actually more powerful than her husband, being the main landowner in her own right. She founded a church at a place called Haemton, which then expanded into a town known as "Wulfrunhaemton" - today its name is Wolverhampton and it is my home town. The people who live there are known as "Wulfrunians". ( and the football team is the "Wolves" )
I have two alternative names in the game - Shewulf (although for ART I have had to abandon that one because of glitches) and my newest Beawulf (which is running smoothly!), named for the wonderful Anglo-Saxon poem "Beowulf".
Enough history for now.......

[Post New]by MomKnowsBest on May 22, 15 10:13 AM
Bluex wrote:Well how he got to the Miami pound where he was adopted is still a mystery to us. Especially the stegosaurus part! But at 12 yrs old, Australian, Kiwi or Dino... He is just my baby boy..Speaking of baby.. I thought I woke up dead this morning. Couldn't breathe, felt something heavy on my chest and thought it was the casket. Turns out it was 20lbs of Neurotic CAT, just eying me on top my person. I said good morning, you trying to kill me? He just eyed me and pawed at my mask. you think he wants the insurance money too?

Nah, he was to steal your breath away! If that ain't bad enough! Right?! Mine gets under my feet and try and trip me. These old joints are bad enough, don't need to be laid up and wait for a hip replacement! Some learn to run when I yell "MOVE!"
Glad to hear you're back home and out of that dang hospital.

[Post New]by MomKnowsBest on May 22, 15 10:25 AM
Bluex wrote:Well how he got to the Miami pound where he was adopted is still a mystery to us. Especially the stegosaurus part! But at 12 yrs old, Australian, Kiwi or Dino... He is just my baby boy..Speaking of baby.. I thought I woke up dead this morning. Couldn't breathe, felt something heavy on my chest and thought it was the casket. Turns out it was 20lbs of Neurotic CAT, just eying me on top my person. I said good morning, you trying to kill me? He just eyed me and pawed at my mask. you think he wants the insurance money too?

Nah, he was to steal your breath away! If that ain't bad enough! Right?! Mine gets under my feet and try and trip me. These old joints are bad enough, don't need to be laid up and wait for a hip replacement! Some learn to run when I yell "MOVE!"
Glad to hear you're back home and out of that dang hospital.

Bookwyrm
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bookwyrm on May 22, 15 7:33 PM
I have been a bookworm for over 60 years. So, when it came time to have my own email address (many years ago) I opted to honor that habit -- only I chose to spell it Bookwyrm. I use a shortened form -- Bwyrm -- in the game.
My son asked me if I knew what a 'wyrm' was -- I said that I did.
Wyrm may refer to: Wyrm (dragon), an alternative name for the mythological European dragon.
He seemed surprised that his fuddy-duddy mother knew such a thing.

ceajay
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by ceajay on May 23, 15 2:17 AM
I'm not very original in my choices, forum and AK name 'ceajay' is the phonetic rendition of my first two initials, Caroline Jane given to by my Dad, think he was an Archers fan when he was younger... 'Artygirl' in ART, is a reference to one of the 5, yep 5 jobs I have, one of which is as a commission artist.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on May 23, 15 5:17 AM
5 jobs?!! That's a tad greedy!

My nickname is a bit offputting for forums so I went through a number of names, all of which had been taken.

I finally chose one of my favourite progs as a kid which was Thunderbirds. Being English and no lady!!! I went for the car!

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on May 23, 15 5:44 AM
Wow, i feel so uncreative, compared to the group in here. First initial, last name, kids birthdays. though some people call me Dennis. I don't mind, though I remember my daughter complaining when she was little that they always put their last names on their lockers/boxes, what have you, at school. Then everyone called her Dennis and she hated it. Hard for a 4 or 5 year old, but for me, eh, Ive endured worse : )

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on May 23, 15 10:25 AM
Mine is from my maiden name, when my initials were e k s. I found later that my mother had never put my middle name (Kate) on the birth certificate, and I dropped it. But I always liked the fact that you could pronounce "eks" as "x", so it became my screen name. Besides, my married names (without the "K") would have left me as "eh" and "er"...making me sound quite hesitant. The 2000 on the end, I believe, is because that's when I became a BFG member. (Or is it because I worked so many hours on Y2K at work that I just added it to everything? I don't really remember.)

Go to: