I am so disappointed!

[Post New]by westiemama2 on May 22, 15 1:04 PM
I love the dark Parables but this one is not very good. It is no where near the animation quality of the others which were made by Blue Tea. The story line isn't very good either. I was so excited to see a new parable and this is a huge disappointment.

Re:I am so disappointed!

[Post New]by bumblebeatrice on May 22, 15 1:26 PM
same here, i really regret purchasing this to be honest. i took a leap of faith and ended up wasting both time and money on a mediocre product from what once was my favorite series.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on May 22, 15 2:32 PM
I love Blue Tea and Eipix games, but this was a big mixture of disappointment. I cant believe such a mis-mash mess, came from either of them!
I did buy, hoping it would get better, but it didn't.
Regret buying.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on May 22, 15 10:23 PM
And I'll add my vote to this. Being Dark Parables is one of my favourite series I almost bought untried. Glad however that I didn't as overall the game play was boring and I found the FROGS no where as good as the rest of the series.

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 10:23:45 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 23, 15 12:38 AM
I was also a huge fan of Blue Tea Games and the Dark Parables in particular. However they chose to give this series to Eipix and regardless of what changes have been made, I'd rather have the series in this form than not at all.

Without Dark Parables, how many FROG's would I get to play in a year? Either none or if I'm lucky, they might be included as part of another game. The only pure FROG was in danger of being lost and if Eipix take note of all the negative comments, it still might be.

I'm happy that any developer chose to continue this series. The world of HOPA's would be poorer without it. I bought it without trying the demo and wasn't the least bit disappointed with it. Over 6 hours of play (not including the bonus chapters) and whilst the fragile beauty of the fragmented items has been lost, overall it's a very entertaining game

Edited on 05/23/2015 at 12:43:52 AM PST

[Post New]by bumblebeatrice on May 23, 15 3:39 AM
angelfish106 wrote:regardless of what changes have been made, I'd rather have the series in this form than not at all.

this was my thinking too, until i actually bought and played QoS. now i'm thinking i should have just let it go, and remember all the good times with blue tea, instead of tainting those memories with the insult in comparison that are the eipix versions.

i like and have enjoyed many games put out by eipix, but there was something unique and special with blue tea's games that they either couldn't or didn't bother to even try replicating, instead opting to awkwardly hammer in and shoehorn their style. it didn't feel like a dark parable, it felt like eipix game #53454B.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 26, 15 7:03 AM
I am such a HUGE fan, of this series and have waited so long, for my special FROG game to come out but so sad to say, I am also SOOOooo disappointed, my heart is because these games were so unique with the beautiful emblems, decorations, scenes, items, always a blend of beautiful, glitz and glam, and the wonderful FROG scenes, with all of the sparkle and shine.
The high quality graphics and story, IMHO were superb quality, in all of the previous games.

These were the things that made me so excited, and an instant buy, these games were unlike any other, for me they were special, and held a warm place, in my heart.
BUT I cannot say that about this release, it is nothing like the others, it is lacking everything that I loved, yes it still has FROGS, but they are lack luster, and just plain dull, no sparkle or shine, same with the emblems, that use to be so pretty.
I do love EPIX, but I wish someone would rescue this game, and make it like it use to be, I so MISS IT .

Not a purchase for me, SO SAD to say .

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 27, 15 9:24 PM
I agree with Westiemama and all the rest. This game is not up to the usual standards of Blue Tea. Mostly I'm noting it in the graphics. They are definitely poorer than we have come to expect. In fact they almost seem blurry in places. The fantastic graphics are one of the main reasons I love Blue Tea games so much. The story and all else seems of good quality so far. Please, developers, get your usual group of illustrators back on the job!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 28, 15 10:25 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm getting over my disappointment with the graphics and I really am enjoying this game for itself. It's as good as the other Dark Parables games in my estimation. Hope you enjoy.

Go to: