Gab11
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by Gab11 on May 23, 15 1:58 AM
To the Moderator,
I read the messages relating to the cessation of further development of Awakening Kingdom, and like many who have responded; felt hurt, angry, and feeling that I had wasted my money with all the diamonds and bolgins I had invested in to help me progress through the game.
I would like the moderator to pass these thoughts on to BF and to BZ about this message.
I decided I would not continue playing the game once it became official that the game would be dropped, however, (and it could be conditioning because I am programmed into collecting my daily rewards) I went back into the game.
I was freshly spell-bound by the absolute beauty of the game, from the characters to the intricate scenes and the relaxing music. I felt that I had to voice my desire to urge the people responsible to calling it quits, to consider alternative options.
This game( and I subscribe to many), is state of the art and deserves to be carried forward in some way.
Please revisit the decision-making process. Explore every option to see if this game can be re-invented in some way, so to continue to bring joy and the opportunity to escape from the drudgeries of life for so many.
I have loved playing this game and will struggle with the concept of needing to let it go.
I am sure that what is done cannot be undone, but please consider the comments raised by others. That BFG has a duty of care to disclose to all new players that the game is finite and that the access to buy diamonds, etc. should be disabled.
It was a joy. - Gaby

dippylea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by dippylea on May 23, 15 3:18 AM
Extremely well said Gaby. I really hope your message with get through and change some minds!
After the many trials and tribulations of everyday life there was nothing better than coming onto AK to lose myself in the wonder and beauty of what is a truly magical game. I had got as far as I could go, so I also deleted and then came back to this beautiful game, even using my alternate email address because I am not ready to let go yet. Best Wishes to you and all players xx

Edited on 05/23/2015 at 3:19:03 AM PST

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on May 23, 15 3:58 AM
dippylea wrote:Extremely well said Gaby. I really hope your message with get through and change some minds !

After the many trials and tribulations of everyday life there was nothing better than coming onto AK to lose myself in the wonder and beauty of what is a truly magical game. Best Wishes to you and all players xx

I totally agree with your comments Gab & dippylea. I would like to add my name to Gab's appeal/petition & ask others to please consider doing the same. Please, please rethink your decision BF & BZ.

Edited on 05/23/2015 at 4:00:46 AM PST

west644
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by west644 on May 23, 15 2:15 PM
I decided I would not continue playing the game once it became official that the game would be dropped, however, (and it could be conditioning because I am programmed into collecting my daily rewards) I went back into the game.
I was freshly spell-bound by the absolute beauty of the game, from the characters to the intricate scenes and the relaxing music. I felt that I had to voice my desire to urge the people responsible to calling it quits, to consider alternative options.

I would like to add my voice to those above. PLEASE, please, reconsider the decision and at least provide one, last update. We can then conclude the game with joy and satisfaction instead of the current despair and sadness.

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on May 23, 15 9:31 PM
I agree at least one more update to tie up loose ends save mermaid from basilisk tower finish books to maybe open new special bonus(like 100 diamond pouch for sale at tree store for 10,000 Bolgins), and remove need to be online file save to hard drive of player not Cloud and remove chest. PLEEEEEASE

[Post New]by bsquare225 on May 24, 15 4:25 PM
I would like to add my voice to this thread. I have never posted to this forum before, but I have read many posts and I have been playing AK for a year. I have played several F2P HOG and I really like them very much, but none can compare to the story, beauty, and variety that AK has. We need closure. PLEASE. Not the abrupt ending that we got on May 18th. I don't care about the money, for me, it was well spent. I know there are many others who feel the same. Just read the posts for the last month and a half. And I know there are others, like me, who never posted, but feel the same. Please one more update, we love this game too much to abandon it.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 24, 15 8:29 PM
I am with all of you on this 100%....I hope the powers that be will listen...

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on May 24, 15 11:58 PM
I agree completely! I play Midnight Castle as well and I have played Found, but AK is so much better. Of course the problem is financial, so I'm posting a new thread suggesting a solution..

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on May 25, 15 3:48 AM
I think everyone in this forum would love to see them continue with AK. But it isn't a money maker any more - well not enough anyway. If you notice, there is no input from BFG anymore, they are done with it - sadly.
Most people have move on, so many names will be excluded from your list, but good luck.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on May 25, 15 4:51 PM
Does it mean, we can play AK at an other place?
Or how can I understand your words?

Edited on 05/25/2015 at 4:51:49 PM PST

MsAshyla
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by MsAshyla on May 30, 15 6:15 AM
If you're going to end the game, at least up all loose ends your decision has made thnk twice about all free-to-play games. As soon as I use up my ORBS in AGECY 33 I think i'll quit

DanVa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by DanVa on May 30, 15 1:49 PM
I, too, would like BF to reconsider. I place the major blame for this fiasco on BF but the players must share some of it also. We are all old enough to know that there is really nothing in the world that is "free." My small contribution was to try and buy about $10 a month from the store. If this is truly the end, I will certainly have to reconsider any more purchases from BF.

[Post New]by crwilliams999 on May 30, 15 5:56 PM
I would also like to add my voice; and my earnest plea, for the "powers that be" to reconsider their decision. I thoroughly enjoy playing this game; and have spent a considerable amount on advancing within the game; and, at level 75; I feel betrayed and taken advantage of. I am 70 years old, and play this game virtually every day. Now that BF has decided to abandon all of us who have faithfully played this daily; eagerly awaiting the new quest that purportedly was "coming soon"!!

I am, of course, an adult and life will go on; but it would go a long way to restore our loyalty to BF for them to reconsider their decision. If they do not do so; I also will seriously consider discontinuing my loyalty to them and go elsewhere for future games.

It very well may be that they have already left us all discouraged and dissatisfied; and won't pay any attention to all those of us who are asking them to reconsider; but, maybe....just maybe; they'll surprise us. As the old adage states: "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

My best to you all!!

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on May 31, 15 7:05 AM
Today I went to the forum to see if there was an announcement for the new update. That there would be a new update was certain for me since the remarks towards that in the game. Every day I go to the dragon egg and the basilisk to see if there has something been changed.
And now I red that there wont be any updates anymore. I've truly, honestly red it with tears in my eyes.

How can this be? It cannot be true, not for a game that is played by so many people and which such a high standard in story and screens!!!
Please, please reconsider this. I beg you!!!!

For the moment. I cannot be a paying member anymore but as soon as we our out of the red figures (which will be within 3 years), I for sure would become a paying member again.
But if this is the way you are treating your loyal players, I'm not sure if I will continue with BFG.

[Post New]by GamesRUs on May 31, 15 7:25 AM
Agreed

[Post New]by millillanicolosi on May 31, 15 9:10 AM
I too agree with everyone else: do not close Awakening please !!!

rednose60
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rednose60 on Jun 1, 15 2:01 AM
I'm "joining the club".
I agree 100% with everything you said.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Jun 1, 15 11:44 AM
I too am upset by this sudden and I am sorry bad idea to not continue this game. It is one that I too go on daily and one that even my kids like to help me play. I am not sure what is going on it the Big Fish game developer mind in regards to stopping this game, but, I hope for their sakes that they don't get a huge back lash for this one, as for me this makes me lose faith with them and with any other games they say they are still working on. What a waist!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 1, 15 1:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we have passed along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate team. As a moderation team we aren't privy to all the decision making that surrounds updates as well as the decision to no longer have updates in games. We definitely know that the announcement made was difficult news to hear and we thank you for your continued support.

As this game will remain on the site, you are more than welcome to continue playing it as the events surrounding pirate day and other holidays will continue to run.

Please note that this decision was not made casually. While we wish that we had more information for the players, this isn't accessible for the moderation team.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by mkreynolds on Jun 1, 15 6:09 PM
I love AK also and have invested many hours of my life into it. Which I didn't mind I was on an adventure that's what we do when we start a new game we put ourselves in another roll we become someone else and it's exciting and wonderful. The world of AK is beautiful and magical it takes us out of our regular lives (not to say we don't love our lives we do). But we love the quest and the people we feel like we form bonds with these people helping them like we do. Then there's the games I love playing the different games and improving there homes.
We are also taught to finish things up not to leave things undone. It may just be a game to the powers that be, but to the people that play it we have been working so hard to get the Dark chest to free our Mermaid friend. Waiting so long for the hermit to finally get the egg and raise a pocket dragon. There's so many more stories and quests that has been pulling us back. But what do you care really you have shut down your not emotionally invested because the game didn't pull in enough money is that right? Well, what about all the other games that all the other members buy? I don't know how many members BF has I know I hit my 1 yr mark and I have purchased close to 150 games. Which is why I thought BF offered the F2P games in the first place. How naïve am I? How naïve are you to think that you can hold your followers trust by doing something like this. We are not asking you to do the impossible. All we would like to do is finish something YOU got us started on that's all.

Go to: