j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Technical issue

[Post New]by j62janet on May 25, 15 12:37 AM
There is no forum by the looks of it, so that's why I'm doing this, I use Windows 8.1

When I went into the game, it won't go full screen, so it was difficult to do anything, so it's a NO from me, I hope the game plays better for others

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Technical issue

[Post New]by luvmigame on May 25, 15 12:40 AM
Same here. I can't seem to find the button to push to make it go full screen.

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on May 25, 15 12:42 AM
Same here, gives you an option to set your resolution as the game loads. Picked the optimum one for my laptop and it does not fill the screen. And shockingly pixelated...this will be why it's a SE with an available strategy guide then...ho hum...

ETA: and who is Derek

Edited on 05/25/2015 at 12:43:40 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 25, 15 1:39 AM
The game is 1800 mb, that's huge

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on May 25, 15 10:40 AM
I cant get it to go full screen either. It's too dark to play in a small screen.

[Post New]by DavetheBore on May 25, 15 11:18 AM
Did you uncheck the windowed box

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on May 25, 15 1:01 PM
I too can't get it to play full screen. I unchecked the windowed box, with the setting at 1024 x 768. Windowed. Then I selected the 1260 x 980, and it first came up full screen, but the 'Menu' and the 'Hint' buttons were only partially on the screen, and there was a black screen for the opening. I only have sound. Then, the game continued with video, but it was STILL in Windowed mode. But, hey, at least I could see the menu and hint buttons.
However, the Hint button wouldn't work on the HOS scene. It made the noise, like it did, when I clicked on it, but I saw nothing to indicate where the item was that I needed to click on. I tried it three times. So that right there will make it a NO BUY for me.

pamalee444
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pamalee444 on May 25, 15 1:54 PM
Just uncheck the windowed box but leave the graphics alone. I was able to get full screen with no obstructions. Hope this helps you all. HAPPY GAMING!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 26, 15 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this particular game to play full screen. I definitely understand wanting to play the game in the desired display setting.

It looks like pamalee444 was able to get the full screen by unchecking the windowed box and leaving the graphics alone. Thanks for the great tip! If you are still seeing issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help look into this for you.

Moving forward we ask that technical issues be placed in the following thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Archive: The Adventure of Derek here

Thanks for your understanding. Since this has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: