Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Archive: The Adventure of Derek here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 25, 15 1:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/25/2015 at 7:33:04 AM PST

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Archive: The Adventure of Derek here

[Post New]by Bar80 on May 25, 15 1:41 AM
Small screen? Is there any way to fix this? I'd like it to be full screen, wide screen something. Thank you.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on May 25, 15 4:23 AM
As far as the small screen is concerned I had one also but it gave me an option at the beginning to change it. I did and now all I get is a black screen I can hear the audio but cannot see the game !

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on May 25, 15 4:29 AM
I am running windows 7, even on the biggest resolution it is a small window. I hope they fix it.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 25, 15 4:33 AM
Same as McBay111. Uninstalled game...will skip this one.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on May 25, 15 6:20 AM
If you hang in there, the opening narrative is just a black screen, but it becomes a regular illustration once you can start playing.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 25, 15 7:07 AM
I started playing on the small screen and then after a bit, got out of the game and came back in and the screen was larger, but still left about 2 or so inches on each side. Kept going, tried to light the candles and the inventory wouldn 't come up!!!!!
Looked like it could have been a good game, but I'm sick of all the glitched games that we keep getting. That's no way to keep people here!!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 25, 15 7:33 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on May 25, 15 9:02 AM
I have Windows Vista. I am having same problem as most, small screen and then once narrative begins, black screen.

[Post New]by thumpertail on May 25, 15 10:53 AM
yes again same type problem blank screen ect,im using a pc computer,this is my first game out of 68 games that i have ever had this problem,pleases help fix it sound like a great game,would love to play it,and or buy it thanks lisa

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on May 25, 15 11:33 AM
I re-downloaded it and when the window came up that gave you a choice on display I noticed something I didn't before. There is a check marked box that says "windowed". I unchecked the box and it went full screen!
I've never seen this before but it's worth noting for future reference.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 25, 15 12:27 PM
HOW TO FIX THE WINDOW SIZE:

When you start the game...a window pops open...it small and white. It gives you the options to set the window size...and for me...I unchecked the widows box...and the size is great. Hope this works for most. I run Widows Vista.

Lisa

maumeegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by maumeegirl on May 25, 15 1:02 PM
I had the same problem; tried all the various sizes; finally, I unchecked the box that says windowed. It did the trick for me.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on May 25, 15 1:24 PM
Unchecking the 'windowed box' didn't make any difference for me. Well, I guess in a way, it did. It's so weird. The picture itself in windowed, with narrow blue margins on either side. Now, the weird part is: After I fed the fish to the cat, it walked away, and it walked right out of the windowed/pictured part onto the blue screen. I've never seen anything like that before. Plus the Task button is mostly on the blue screen. Yet when I try to click on it to see what my task is, it slides right under the windowed picture part. I even tried it on the highest screen setting- no difference.

It comes up with a black screen right off on some scenes, with only sound.

Also I had had trouble with the hint not working in an HOS scene, but when I got back into it, and got into a different HOS scene, it worked. Of course it shows me where to go in the regular scene, but it doesn't help me to find what I need to access this part. Like the window that needs to be broken.

Just seems a bit much. A no buy for me.

tdmj5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by tdmj5 on May 25, 15 1:43 PM
black screen windows vista

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on May 25, 15 3:15 PM
For those who don't know, Microseft* is no linger supporting Windows XP at all, and is no longer supporting Vista's older versions. They still support SP (Service Pack) 2.

I believe you can still download SP2, though I'm not sure.

For a grin: My dear hubby calls Windows updates "malicious software."
And, happy congratulations to the 5 people above that remembered to mention their operating systems!

*Deliberate misspelling, in case they start acting like Disn3y!

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on May 25, 15 9:30 PM
What kind of setup is this game... for real!?? I had to go back in after reading some tech issue because I too have wind 7 and on largest setting way too small

Read and went back in and unchecked WINDOWED! and still not full screen and its chopping off both sides... and at top left I see tasks half cut off..... had high hopes for this game.... tried... uninstalled and moving on... why cant we get a good no SE game... I have freebies that I waste all the time now... that NEVER happened a year ago....

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on May 25, 15 10:10 PM
I have windows vista also. i also got a black screen. this is going to sound strange but during the blackened screen i could hear the audio but all black. so i went up to the left hand corner of the screen and suddenly there was a little hand and i clicked enter and viola i got video too. now i have audio plus i can see the game. i hope it works for everyone else with black screen. jax

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 26, 15 3:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the screen issues that you're experiencing with this game, and thank you for taking the time to post them here. We're definitely letting the developer know about this, but the schedule for any updates to be released is not within our control.

In the meantime, the following help article might be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persists, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on May 26, 15 6:51 PM
I would be happy with any size screen. I have Windows 7 - just got it. When I go into the game the narrative is fine, the inside of the house is fine. The outside and anytime I try to get closer to something - its just all different colored lines. In the first hop all the items were focused but nothing else! Please fix this game. I have tried small screen and large screen and different resolutions.

Go to: