Edited on 05/26/2015 at 6:15:10 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hungry For Gems here

[Post New]by Janette5 on May 26, 15 1:40 AM
I AM HUNGRY FOR THESE GEMS!

Every now and again the powers that be allow us to have something unique and different here (because mostly they're only out THERE). This is one of those times.

Game Play
Your task is to rotate the circle so that you can make a match of 4 or more gems that are next to each other. The circle has 3 rows (as far as I've played) and the match can be on any of the rows. As you catch a gem it goes on the top row, if the next one lands on top of it then it is automatically pushed down. You are only allowed 6 gems to be pushed into the centre as they are destroyed there. The game indicates with an arrow in the colour of the gem exactly where the gem is going to land and it also indicates when it is about to land on a full column.
At the end of every level you have to find a piece of a missing statue and at the end of a section you put it together and the story continues. Don't worry the game prompts you if you sit staring at it wondering why the level doesn't end!

The game has good instructions inside it as well and tips when the level ends.

Controls
The developers have given us a number of options on rotating the circle, keyboard, mouse hold the click or mouse auto-rotate without holding down the mouse button. Because this is not something I'd encountered before it took some getting used to and I eventually settled for the arrow keys on my keyboard as I found that the easiest. Also if I held the arrow key down the circle would spin rather than move slowly. The controls soon became more natural to me.

Pace
This is a fast-paced, arcade type game. Your fingers are going to get a work-out. It really requires you to think on your feet and move in a hurry as the gems arrive from all different sides as do power-ups and bonuses. I did find it challenging to keep up but to me it was a fun challenge and not a frustrating challenge. There are also slower levels that require strategy to clear the board by placing the gems.

Certainly unique and certainly worth a try - just drink a strong cup of coffee first!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 26, 15 6:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hungry For Gems here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hungry For Gems.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by TheEvilWoman on May 27, 15 7:33 AM
This game was not fun at all. Game play was way too fast on Level 1 to get used to the controls. So I just quit level 1 after about 10 tries and uninstalled.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 6, 15 11:11 AM
Just a further note on this game:

This game only saves at a start of a section. If you lose your lives during that section you have to start again from the start of that section. If when you entered the section you only had 1 life left, you are only given 1 life again - i.e. the status of your game at the point it was saved. A section can have 5 - 7 levels in it.

This game becomes very difficult very quickly and I found myself spending hours trying to pass a level only to fail the very next level and having to restart the section ...

So unless you have the patience to replay, replay and replay in order to pass, this game can be frustrating.

Go to: