Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Big City Adventure: Barcelona here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 27, 15 12:53 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/27/2015 at 6:22:27 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Big City Adventure: Barcelona here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 27, 15 6:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by securefed on May 27, 15 3:09 PM
The game won't function properly in full screen mode. It puts the game screen in the top left 2/3 of my monitor screen. I have a large screen for a reason and expect the games to truly be full screen. All previous BCA games have worked properly (I think I have them all).

I am running Window 8.1.

I tried changing to windowed then back to full screen and it didn't make a difference.

[Post New]by tko73199 on May 28, 15 8:43 AM
The game does not download correctly. It told me it had an "ERROR CODE 6" and to look it up on help page. When I did that, I discovered there is no info or page for that error code.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on May 28, 15 2:24 PM
securefed wrote:The game won't function properly in full screen mode. It puts the game screen in the top left 2/3 of my monitor screen. I have a large screen for a reason and expect the games to truly be full screen. All previous BCA games have worked properly (I think I have them all).

I am running Window 8.1.

I tried changing to windowed then back to full screen and it didn't make a difference.

Ditto.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

I can not get the game to a full screen size

[Post New]by cherbando on May 28, 15 11:55 PM
Why is this game so small? I have a 22 " wide screen. In the large screen mode the game is too small. How do I get a full screen?? None of the other games in this series have this problem.

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cocamp on May 29, 15 2:41 PM
I can't get it to load at all. Click on download, save, run...nothing. Windows 8

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cocamp on May 29, 15 3:10 PM
Somehow I got it to load. Had to uninstall and re install the game manager several times. Def a problem going on.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on May 29, 15 7:02 PM
I've been having the same problem. The file downloads but won't install or anything. I've been going back and forth with the BFG customer support via e-mail, but nothing they suggested has worked. I've updated Windows, uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager, tried installing within the game manager, but I get a 1404 error pop up whenever I try to go to purchase history within the app. Then it logs me out!! I'm so very frustrated!!!! I've been a BFG customer for many years, but this is the first time I'm considering cancellation of my membership. What good is it if I can no longer purchase, download and install games?!! It's not happening with just this game, but one other game I purchased the same day. Grrrrr...so very FRUSTRATED!

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on May 30, 15 5:07 PM
Same problem here. I downloaded the game with no problems. Clicked start and got a black screen. Deleted the game and reloaded it. Same problem. Can't get it to run at all! I've got all the other Big City Adventure games and have never had a problem before. What's going on with this one? Please find a fix for this soon. I really love this series.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Jun 3, 15 12:32 AM
donnasm wrote:
securefed wrote:The game won't function properly in full screen mode. It puts the game screen in the top left 2/3 of my monitor screen. I have a large screen for a reason and expect the games to truly be full screen. All previous BCA games have worked properly (I think I have them all).

I am running Window 8.1.

Ditto.

Same here.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jun 6, 15 6:34 PM
I'm STILL having issues installing this game and one other game. I've been back and forth with customer service, trying so many different things, and nothing has worked. If I cannot get this issue resolved, I will have to cancel my long-time membership. I'd hate to do it, but if I cannot install games I purchase, why keep the membership. I'm so disappointed and frustrated!

[Post New]by margaretr1 on Jun 20, 15 8:33 AM
donnasm wrote:

I am running Window 8.1.

Ditto.

I am having the same problem, No problem with any of the other games. I am also using windows 8.1

Edited on 06/20/2015 at 8:36:50 AM PST

btaur
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by btaur on Aug 9, 15 10:26 PM
I, too, am running 8.1 and have the same problem as others. That is Barcelona loads only in upper left approx. 2/3 of the display. I, also, have been a long time Big Fish game member. This is not the only game that doesn't display correctly. Some games I love to play will not run and are jammed into the upper left and can't move the cursor. The only way to get out of the program is to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and get to the task manager to end it. The Big City series is my favorite. I keep waiting for the next one and now it doesn't work. I don't want to cancel but it seems stupid to keep paying when the games don't play the way they're supposed to.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears. Big Fish needs to own up to making sure what they sell to customers actually works correctly.

[Post New]by saboneyray on Sep 6, 15 5:37 PM
I just switched to Windows 10 and cannot play any of my Big Fish games, especially the Big City Adventure series. The screen comes up (quite large) but you cannot access/play it.

Tiny Window

[Post New]by Anatel1969 on Feb 7, 16 9:05 PM
Barcelona and Shanghai both pop up in an impossibly tiny window. Full screen just fills in black around the tiny window. The other Big CIty Adventure games work ok.

Once the game is stopped, all of the icons are rearranged on the desktop.

I expected better.

cleric
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by cleric on Jun 4, 16 9:29 PM
I get same issue for win10 machine but it works perfectly full screen on win7 machine (no black sidebars).

Go to: