Edited on 05/27/2015 at 6:23:47 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Big City Adventure: Barcelona here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 27, 15 6:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Big City Adventure: Barcelona here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Big City Adventure: Barcelona.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on May 28, 15 6:13 AM
Loved all the other Big City Games, so I had to get this one too. Its just a nice relaxing game. I always enjoy the pretty artwork and it is always a challenge to find the Hidden Objects.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 28, 15 8:09 AM
I this game! The music is fabulous, the scenes are gorgeous and, as usual, there is enough of a challenge that I thoroughly enjoyed my demo time. I will buy this game ASAP!

This time we venture to Barcelona where Grandma and Grandpa fell in love to the music of the Spanish guitars. We need to find guitars in every scene, so be on the lookout for them. So far I have run into 1 new mini-game. We have to move a ball into a hole without the ball dropping off the board.

I plan to spend what is supposed to be another rainy weekend playing this game.

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on May 29, 15 4:02 AM
Very nice relaxing game. I have not played anything in this series before, I may have to look some of them up.

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on May 29, 15 1:50 PM
I just saw that this game was available so I bought it immediately (I have all the other ones and love them too). I'm only on Round 4 so far but it's like visiting a new "old" friend since the artwork is the same and it's just a basic hidden object game and doesn't have a story attached to it and inventory to locate. I've already played an "old" puzzle that I haven't seen for several games (where you click on matching tiles to make them disappear and get down to 2 yellow tiles with stars on them). And there's a new puzzle that I've never seen before that involves using the arrows to move a ball around obstacles and into the hole. I didn't quite understand the premise so I clicked on the up arrow and the ball zipped up and off the screen entirely. After hitting 3 different arrows and getting the same result, I finally realized that I was SUPPOSED to make the ball hit the obstacle and then use another arrow to get it to hit the next obstacle until it made it into the hole.

I love the continuity and familiarity of these BCA games and hope they never try to jazz them up because the simple basic hidden object games are getting harder to find and obviously there are plenty of people like me who prefer this type of game. I have to take a break from the game now (real life calls!) but I'm anxious to get back to it. Just wanted to take a moment to thank the Big City Adventure people for gifting us with another enjoyable game.

**EDIT: It's now May 30th and I just finished my first run-through of the game. I have to say I was a little disappointed that there was no payoff for collecting all of the guitars... I was expecting some sort of puzzle involving them. From the hint at the end, it sounds like the next BCA game will be in China (they referred to very long dragons).

Edited on 05/30/2015 at 9:11:08 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 1, 15 4:35 PM
Happy day, Happy day ...for this fish in the pond, LOVE me some BCA games, and this trip to Barcelona, will be a JOY to play, for sure!!!!

I just have a big, fuzzy warm spot in my heart, for these BCA developers, because they continue to give me, exactly what I expect, when I purchase one of their games.
I'm not big on change, if its something I love, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, so I am very happy to see, its still what I love so much about these games !!

I do LOVE however, the new addition of collecting the guitars, besides the item list, and hidden objects, makes the game play, that much more interesting, for me any extra things to find is always welcomed IMHO .
Didn't think I would care for the new ball puzzle, but it grew on me, my favs are the jig saw, and the one were you have to click on symbols of 2 or more, to remove wooden tiles, behind them, until all are cleared, love making the arrows, to explode tiles.

Since I never get to go on a vacation, this game is the next best thing, love reading the different information, about these places, get to learn something new .
Love the scenery in each location, and hunting for the items, this is just one of those games, that I will ALWAYS enjoy playing, keep making them please, and I will continue to buy !!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 11, 15 1:17 PM
I have 8 other BCA and this one is great
The music is so relaxing and many of the objects are really a challenge to find with out using a hint
Since these BCA's are a straight up hidden object game I pretty much know what to expect and love and appreciate them for themselves & will buy the next one
Almost always have the latest one's Icon on my desktop to play when i'm not in the mood for concentration and want to be able to pick up and leave when I want to.

& 1/2 out of possible 5 , [1/2 removed because no reward for finding all the guitars

Played on Desktop PC running Win7 - 64bit with no problem

Go to: