156 Posts

Why Am I Accumulating All This $$...

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on May 27, 15 2:47 AM
....when everything costs diamonds?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!!!

Re:Why Am I Accumulating All This $$...

[Post New]by frequentfrog on May 27, 15 3:16 AM
To get you to use real money to buy the diamonds, obviously!

But also, there are also several things (at least one food item, several collection items, all the things to give to the airships, etc) that can be bought with coins. So accumulating money is useful.

And then when you're several levels in, the Crystal Maker gets unlocked and you can use that money to create diamonds.

Hope that helps.

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on May 27, 15 3:00 PM
Thank you! I think I'm at Level 62 or 63 and have finished up all the last update's quests. Now I'm accumulating money in both interest-bearing accounts. Over $1,000,000 at last look-see.

Maybe I'll buy some of those airship goodies. :-)

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on May 27, 15 9:29 PM
I answered this earlier but my post didn't show up!

I use the coins to buy the things the *quests* want us to hunt for. I used to go look for them but now that I have amassed a good bit of coin I don't mind using it for that. Makes the game go faster. I used the gems only for clothing and office décor.

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on May 29, 15 11:36 PM
Tzeitel99 wrote:I answered this earlier but my post didn't show up!

I use the coins to buy the things the *quests* want us to hunt for. I used to go look for them but now that I have amassed a good bit of coin I don't mind using it for that. Makes the game go faster. I used the gems only for clothing and office décor.

Good idea; thank you :-)

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 1, 15 7:55 AM
Hi all ,
if you take the time to "make " Crystals ...all you have to do is pay 6 to make 10....after you repeat this 10 times you made an extra 40 gems. It's like accumulating money.
I have millions in coin , bought everything in money , money can buy and over 5000 Crystals and no idea if this game ever gets updated.......
Because they sure wont make anymore money on this game , because of the Crystal Maker and the Bank !!!! What you guys think?
I finished every level and now just get me the daily bonus every day...that's it...nothing to do anymore...........i am sure ...a lot of you do exactly the same thing.
Would love to hear you're thoughts on that .............Bee

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 1, 15 2:03 PM
Bee, I'm not sure I understand what you mean on the crystals "all you have to do is pay 6 to make 10...after you repeat this 10 times you made an extra 40 gems." I have to pay 600 coins to make 10 crystals. If I repeat that 10 times, I've made 100 crystals for 6000 coins. Where are the extra 40?

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 1, 15 10:52 PM
You pay 6 crystal to make 10.....you do that 10 times ...you made 40 crystals.......... you can make so much money in the lightning deposit in the bank every 30 minutes ( me....500.000 )....that 600 coins are really not even worth mentioning anymore

Sorry whitebutterfly i was not considering Players that still worry about the coins in this game. Sorry about that Happy Gaming ......Bee

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jun 2, 15 6:24 AM
Bee 1...I am so afraid that you are right. With the lightning deposit and the ability to make crystals (I pay 5 a day to open that silly 3-hour chest and I'm still 5 ahead from making 10), none of us really need to spend money on the game.
Remember how hard it was to get the 50,000 coins for the license? Now I make that in half an hour. (I stopped increasing the deposit once it hit a million...why bother?)
I love this game, as I have loved the entire franchise...I have all the "full" games. I'd really love to see them add the additional chapters based on other Poe stories. (The Gold Bug in Paris? Interesting...veeeeerrrrry interesting!)

However, to leave on a slightly lighter note, I know why the kid in the crystal factory never actually opens his mouth and always drinks that soda through a straw. He's gotten so much soda from us that he doesn't have any teeth left! (Not to mention child labor, but that wasn't exactly unheard of in the 19th century.)

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on Jun 3, 15 10:51 PM
ekstra2000 wrote:Remember how hard it was to get the 50,000 coins for the license? Now I make that in half an hour. (I stopped increasing the deposit once it hit a million...why bother?)
Wait, what? The detective's license used to be 50,000 coins? When I got it, it was only 10,000.

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 3, 15 11:45 PM
yup....50.000 and it took a long time time to get all that money together

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 4, 15 10:08 AM
Bee, I have to admit I've been pulling my hair out trying to understand how you use 6 diamonds to get 10, gaining 4 diamonds. DUH!!!! I've been playing this game a very long time and never noticed that you could pay to get the crystals right away. What an idiot!!! Thanks so much for pointing that out. Jealous of your 5000 diamonds, probably more now. Sure hope they update this game so you can put them to good use. Thanks again.

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 4, 15 1:11 PM
lol....so glad i could help whiltebutterfly have fun cooking up diamonds

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jun 4, 15 8:07 PM
Whitebutterfly, tell me, tell me! I also was confused and now that you discovered this method I am even more baffled! Where do I look??? <g>

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 4, 15 9:36 PM
when you pay the 600 coins to make 10 crystals...you have a choice to pay 6 crystals to get 10 crystals right away......so you pay 6 to make 10 ...you get 4...do that 10x you made 40 crystals.......hope confusion ended.....happy crystal cooking

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Jun 5, 15 12:27 AM
Tzeitel99 wrote:Whitebutterfly, tell me, tell me! I also was confused and now that you discovered this method I am even more baffled! Where do I look??? <g>[/quote

I was confused too lol !! When you have set your Crystals to "cook" click on the timer (clock that is counting down) and the option to use 6 crystals pops up.

Thanks Bee and Whitebutterfly for the tip

Babs x

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 5, 15 7:54 AM
Hi Tzeitel, so glad to know I wasn't the only one confused. After all this time playing this game, it made me feel like an idiot. Of course, just like you can click on everything else to buy what you need instead of searching for it, you can also click on the crystal screen to make them cook faster. babsnel47 described it perfectly...just click on the timer and you can spend 6 crystals to get your 10 right away. As long as you have loads of coins (and who doesn't at this point), you can keep netting 4 crystals each time.

Like bee said, you do this 10 times and you have 40 crystals. WOW!

I'm still shaking my head over this one. Oh well, at least with all this waiting around for something new to do, we found it. Thank you again bee...not only did you provide some of us with a puzzle to solve but we'll all be floating in crystals soon.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jun 5, 15 3:00 PM
Thank you babsnel47 for the description of how to accomplish this. And whitebutterfly, I think you have been playing this for as long as I and I cannot believe no one ever brought this to our attention!

But I am pretty stingy and while of course I have many, many coins, I spent about 3000 of them in less than 5 minutes for 20 gems. This could be very addicting and I think I'll save it for a once-in-a-while type thing......

I was so upset with myself because on three separate occasions I managed to hit "accept" without withdrawing my money! So for 3 of my games my money is not as much as I would like.....wah, wah.....

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Jun 5, 15 11:27 PM
you guys could not explain any better about the clicking on the timer to pay 6 crystals to get 10 right away........happy cooking

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 6, 15 2:50 PM
Tzeitel, you've got to live a little! LOL What else are we going to spend all those coins on? I'd be willing to bet the deposit we can make every 30 minutes is probably a mistake...remember it was once a day? If this game ever gets updated, that will most likely be fixed. So while I have access to plenty of coins, I use them to make a mountain of crystals. Although not as big a mountain as Bee (Holy Moley 5000 crystals..WOW). With those crystals I finally dressed myself (it was getting a bit chilly walking around in just underwear) and I bought everything for the office.

I think I deposit about 1,250,000 coins every 30 minutes. I have more money but just got tired of clicking. I gain 62,500 every 30 minutes. Even if I use just one 30-minutes worth of gain, the 62,600 on making crystals at 600 coins a pop, that's about 104 times making 10 crystals. If I use the early finish method, spending 6 crystals to get 10 and netting 4 per turn, at 104 turns, I would still net 416 crystals. This is just for one 30-minutes worth of interest on the money I have deposited. I think it's well worth that cost since you can easily recoup the money and most things in the game cost crystals. It pays to get as many crystals as you can.

Of course, all of this is moot if the game is never updated. It would figure that after learning about the short-cut method for accumulating crystals (thanks to Bee) they'll probably ditch the game. But I can dream, can't I?

Go to: