siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

I'm turning into a bad friend over red items

[Post New]by siberlene on May 28, 15 12:45 AM
I like to give gifts as much as I enjoy receiving them and I think I have a good reciprocal relationship going with the friends I have. Until recently, that is.

Lately most of my friends have been requesting red items. I don't have any and I don't even know what they are. I'm on level 33 but I've noticed that friends who are on lower levels are also needing these red items.

What are they? Did I miss something important along the way?

I would like to keep on gifting my friends to help them along, as they've been helping me, but I need to get these red items in my inventory.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:I'm turning into a bad friend over red items

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on May 28, 15 1:09 AM
Hi Siberlene,

If an item shows up red on your friend's wish list, it simply means that you do not have that item in your inventory. They are not special items so no, you did not miss anything along the way. I am sure your friends understand that when you can not gift it is because you don't have the item, not because you aren't gifting them anymore.

I have read in the forum that you can purchase (with diamonds) the red items to gift your friend but I have never done it. It may turn out to be very expensive. I do know that if you do purchase a gift for your friend, it does count towards the Market Master achievement.

Hope this helps!

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on May 28, 15 7:30 AM
Just occasionally I have found that some of the "red" items are very easily crafted from two items of which I have a large supply. So it may be worth looking at. I can only assume that people play the game differently as if I have a large supply of items I wonder why others don't also.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on May 28, 15 8:22 AM
Oh! Thank you both very much. Here I thought I missed something in the game. Turns out I'm just missing some items. Now that I know what the red means, I know it's just temporary.

I see the point about people playing the game differently because sometimes I'm asked for what, to me, is a plentiful item and others gift me an item that, for me, is difficult to get.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 28, 15 8:36 AM
YOU CAN CLICK ONE THE RED ITEMS TO SEE HOW MANY DIAMONDS IT TAKES TO BUY IT. I HAVE BOUGHT SOME FOR FRIENDS. BUT MY LIMIT IS 5 DIAMONDS AND I MUST GET THEM BACK BEFORE I DO IT AGAIN. MANY OF THE FIRST ITEMS WE GET ARE 3 TO 5 DIAMONDS. THESE PURCHASES GO TOWARD THE ACHIEVEMENT.

suzy1985
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by suzy1985 on May 28, 15 10:02 AM
Hi Siberlene,
It is not so much that others are playing different. Sometimes a set of quests will send you to the same ZZ many times. Off the top of my head I remember having to go the Bow Figure. When you are stuck there, or any quest, you put what you need on your wish list. Meanwhile you are gathering items not in the quest as inventory. If you and your friend are not on the same quest they may need and you are building inventory.
There is a way of playing differently. If you are impatient and sell, sell, sell your inventory to get coins you will need items all the time. Meanwhile your friends who get their coins from HOS and pets you have inventory. Be careful of these friends, they usually don't have items to gift back.

Edited on 05/28/2015 at 10:03:47 AM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on May 28, 15 11:39 AM
Hi Siberlene and Welcome to the forum,

Try not to worry too much about gifting back... I'm sure your friends realize that you may not have the items they are requesting right now. From what I read, it sounds as if you are either on a quest or selling inventory for coinage? At your Level, you should have at least 2/3 pages of inventory. If you are sell for coin... careful! You will need the inventory. If you are questing... might I suggest that you stop and just make the rounds of your HOS's to help build up your inventory and coinage. for a couple of days. Yes, it can get boring and we all want to advance, but... this game is not a sprint, it's a marathon. The more inventory you have, you will find it easier to accomplish the quests. Then you will find yourself advancing more quickly.
Also... everyone's game plays differently. I am on Level 63, waiting for the up-date and my game flat refuses to drop pet food, whereas last week I was getting a ton of it, but no airship items. Now, I'm getting the items for the airship and no food. It just seems like a never ending Merry-go-Round for me. Hope this helps you out.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Edited on 05/28/2015 at 11:45:41 AM PST

Go to: