siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Almost a year any many dollars wasted

[Post New]by siberlene on May 28, 15 12:58 AM
I just learned that the game has been discontinued.

What a shame and how unfair. Many of us have spent almost a year (some probably more), hundreds of hours, and many real dollars on this game. What a colossal waste of time.

Some people suggest just to keep playing. Why waste time on something that can never be finished? I like to finish what I start. This is so frustrating.

Why on earth would they not finish one of their most popular games? I think this came from higher up than BF and Boomzap. It probably wasn't making enough money for Churchill Downs and they put an end to it.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Re:Almost a year any many dollars wasted

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on May 28, 15 7:31 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again...many times we are our own worst enemies. Certainly we'd all like to see the conclusion of the many threads left hanging. BUT...at the same time, we're always asking for new content. We get specials, which provide LOTS of opportunities for crystals, energy items, and so on. We get a daily bonus, and a weekly one. After while, we are at high enough levels that we don't NEED to spend real money on those items. So players at the higher levels (the ones who have finished all the quests) really don't need to spend money to continue the game. But we want new content.
As for "waste"...the game is designed for enjoyment...for entertainment. If you were entertained, you didn't waste time or money.
I would be willing, frankly, to pay for a new AK regular game (like the other six in the series) if it would tie up all these loose ends. But since the last game in the series has a chapter starring Sophia's daughter, I'm guessing that they won't put out another.
Time spent doing something you enjoy should not be considered a waste. If you spent money, make sure you at least use up all that you bought with it before you leave the game.
I still don't have the achievement for making it to Level 75...but I will probably try to get it before I finally call it quits. And I won't consider playing time a waste...but I certainly won't spend money on the game at this point, either.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on May 28, 15 8:31 AM
Ekstra, you're right of course. It has been highly entertaining. I'm just frustrated at being left hanging. I've played as much as I can play, the chest is fed, the mini games are finished and without new content now I can only check in in to receive my daily bonus, although that was kicked back to 85 days for some reason.

I'm not going to delete the game, as some have done. I'll keep checking in daily in the hope that they might have a change of heart though it looks doubtful.

mammaw_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mammaw_1 on May 28, 15 1:09 PM
In my opinion they should have done a "closure" update. Last update they gave us a basilisk to conquer and an Amulet of Haste that cost 800 jewels then boom! They leave us hanging.

Not fair, BF!

As for playing any more FTP games... Forget it. I have no intention of getting left hanging in the middle of a game because BF or the powers that be decide to dump it.

[Post New]by 1irishlady on May 28, 15 9:50 PM
mammaw_1 wrote:In my opinion they should have done a "closure" update. Last update they gave us a basilisk to conquer and an Amulet of Haste that cost 800 jewels then boom! They leave us hanging.

Not fair, BF!

As for playing any more FTP games... Forget it. I have no intention of getting left hanging in the middle of a game because BF or the powers that be decide to dump it.

I really agree with you, BF/BZ and Churchill Downs have left a very bad taste in my mouth for ever playing their games again.
This is totally unprofessional and unwarranted on their part. There are hundreds if not thousands of us that have spent hundreds of hours, and hundreds of real dollars (me and friends) on this game they leave us with nothing...there is are so many things that need to be opened, finished, and accomplished and they dump the game knowing this. They can reel in others to spend their hard earned money and they will feel the back lash someday regarding this.......my friends went on social media and really complained about the integrity of these companies. Someday it will all come crushing down on them and as one person here said, Karma is a big BBBBBBBBBBBBBB.

Go to: