Edited on 05/28/2015 at 4:17:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Final Cut: Fame Fatale Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 28, 15 4:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Final Cut: Fame Fatale Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Final Cut: Fame Fatale Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on May 28, 15 11:32 AM
See no one making a review on this game ,that says a lot to me.But I just got through trying it and was quite disappointed.I own the others in this series.Frist of all the HOH'S are bad .Most of the objects are really hard to find ,I had to a lot of clicking to locate them.There is more HOH'S and puzzles then story line ,which I look for .I ended up bored so I deleted.Do hope whatever games comes out sat is much better.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 28, 15 12:21 PM
I'm with you, gamblebug. It seemed like every couple of clicks...ANOTHER HOS with items hidden behind other items or washed out in color to blend with the background.

Some fishes will like it, but I much prefer a puzzle heavy game and this was puzzle-lite. The ones that WERE there were just too easy. The safe puzzle was completed in three moves. A water pipe puzzle was a different take than I've seen and a bit harder. Mini-games were even easier.

Certainly didn't need a strategy guide or map as everything was contained to two or three scenes. Graphics kind of washed out. ANOTHER game of "find this to open that", although imo, it wasn't as bad as the most recent Dark Parables in that regard.

The first HOG I ever played was the first one in this series. Death on the Silver Screen. THAT game made me want MORE. This one...not so much.

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 5:10:55 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 28, 15 1:55 PM
Hi all. Well, we have #5 in this series. Yes, I have the other 4, but one is only an SE version. This game is set up the same as the others, with very nice graphics, clear and bright colors and nice animation. Game play was very good, no problems during the demo at all. As with the others in this series, there isn't a lot of dialog, but when their is, the voice overs are well done. There are some sound FX, with background sounds and music, which is pretty well done. You do a lot of back-tracking in this game and there is a jump map. The map is quite "blah" compared to others, but it works. Music is okay, but I needed to turn it down after awhile...just got annoying. SG is the standard, but again, it does not show much for the demo, so hard to tell how long it will be. There is a click penalty, but you really have to do a lot to get it.

HOPs are a combination of lists, interactive silhouettes and riddles, which are nicely done and not difficult to complete. HOPs are quite clean. You do have to be on the lookout for morphing objects in the HOPs. They move in and out fairly quickly, but can be seen without eye strain. If you don't like HOPs, or get bored, you can switch to a match 3 game. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. Puzzles were surprisingly simple in this one and took no brain power to complete.

The only collectibles I found are "wolf studio" symbols that are quite large and very easy to see. Yes, they do try to hide some and blend into other things, but still not difficult to find. There are 41 to be found.

I beta tested this one and gave it a 4. Glad I did the beta, since the demo is quite short and doesn't really give you much of a feel for the game. Looks like a couple things were fixed, so I upgraded a bit. Wish we could do half points. Has to be exceptional to get a 5 from me, and that is very seldom indeed. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. Not sure what draws me to this game, since it isn't all that challenging, but I do have the need to play it out and see what happens. Maybe it's the story line. Yes, I am adding this one to my ever growing collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 29, 15 6:35 AM
Another Eipix Game?? These devs have been busy; maybe they might want to slow down a bit and produce a game with some originality and challenge, rather than yet another sequel. Perhaps the word 'Final' in the game title should be a hint.

So here we are back in the movie world, being reminded of previous games and basically going through exactly the same motions as in the last Final Cut....and the one before that. The story, such as it is, revolves around one 'fame fatale' (shouldn't that be 'femme fatale' or is that just a deliberate play on words?) concerned about another 'fame fatale (like that's going to happen) and hiring a detective (us) to find out what's behind the apparent lack of a private life (like anyone would really care). Off we go to the 'festival', completing pointless tasks on the way in order to get to the bottom of the so-called mystery. I'm already regretting trying the demo after 30 minutes.

It's long past time Eipix changed their opening sequence and got rid of that weedy looking man trying to act like some sort of magician. But the actual game opening cinematic was excellent; far more entertaining than the demo. Graphics were as usual very good, HOS were the now familiar type from this dev, puzzles were simple enough, map was basic and I didn't check the SG as I didn't need to.

Collectibles are 'Wolf Studio' symbols of varying sizes and clarity. There are morphing objects in the HOS if you want to stare at the screen looking for them. I didn't; this dev usually gives the option to replay HOS and find them should you wish. You can play Match-3 instead of the HOS if you're desperate; I'd rather watch paint dry.

For me this demo was just plain boring. Maybe the SE if I have an expiring PCC but otherwise this 'Final Cut' can stay on the cutting room floor as far as I'm concerned.

No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Professional 64-bit.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on May 29, 15 8:58 AM
i played the demo this game didnt catch me so no buy

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on May 30, 15 3:02 PM
angelfish106 wrote:For me this demo was just plain boring. Maybe the SE if I have an expiring PCC but otherwise this 'Final Cut' can stay on the cutting room floor as far as I'm concerned.

No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Professional 64-bit.

I think I would Post & give the PCC to the 1st person who answered.

Go to: