lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Midnight Castle? Build a lot? BOORRRRINGGG!

[Post New]by lmay63 on May 28, 15 9:15 AM
Just caught up today to see the disappointing news from BZ. Midnight Castle is boring and so is Build a Lot, so I see no consolation is playing those games. ART and AK were the BEST FTP games ever and I will miss playing greatly. So, I was correct when I told everyone to cue the death march music..... sad, sad, sad.....

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Midnight Castle? Build a lot? BOORRRRINGGG!

[Post New]by frosteen on May 28, 15 11:55 AM
Try Wanderland

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 28, 15 12:37 PM
There's still quite a bit to come in ART that is waiting to be revealed from the last update (Pirate's Day and Halloween to come) - so don't give up on it yet.....

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 28, 15 1:11 PM
Just so you know, we do still have Pirates Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas that are left to play this year.. so still stuff to do. Then next year, the game will repeat again.

Maybe hang out and try these upcoming events?

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on May 28, 15 2:39 PM
Wanderland makes me nuts...the items are tiny, and the locations have that same issue as you have in MC...you have to wait for them to "recharge".
I'll stick to the ones I play, including this and AK, at least for a while. Unfortunately, there's nothing new coming in any of my games at the moment...Agency 33, Found, and Nightfall. But I've set up my own "goals" in all five...have to just wait and see if they update any of the non-BZ games.

GOBSTOPPERS
Minnow
Minnow
296 Posts

[Post New]by GOBSTOPPERS on May 28, 15 4:38 PM
i left you a PM>.... its just easier!!

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on May 29, 15 3:21 AM
Yes, it is nice that there are still quests to come for ART, but AK? Can't decide whether to delete or not. Meanwhile, crossing my fingers for Nightfall. Luckily, that isn't a BZ game. What bothers me the most with AK, is that there were so many unfinished quests, i.e., books, feeding the dark chest, the stables in corral, etc. Oh, and the unhatched egg! So, I don't believe the quotes that BZ never intended to update the game! It smells a little fishy, ha-ha, BFG.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 29, 15 3:00 PM
lmay63 wrote:Yes, it is nice that there are still quests to come for ART, but AK? Can't decide whether to delete or not. Meanwhile, crossing my fingers for Nightfall. Luckily, that isn't a BZ game. What bothers me the most with AK, is that there were so many unfinished quests, i.e., books, feeding the dark chest, the stables in corral, etc. Oh, and the unhatched egg! So, I don't believe the quotes that BZ never intended to update the game! It smells a little fishy, ha-ha, BFG.

I agree about AK. I'm in the process of giving away all my inventory. Then I'll have to delete that one as I have no more quests to do..

And Nightfall is another one. The last update was full of errors, not sure if that one will continue.. I guess time will tell.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jun 2, 15 4:22 PM
Well, I tried big city Barcelona. Cute lil game. It's a hidden object and has some other mini games. I enjoyed it as It has well; Barcelona which is a beautiful city. Its not free but try it for an hour. Straightforward enough but not ART by far , but easy and playable regardless. Seems it has only 60 scenes, so not that much an ado!
I did it as I was waiting for some buildings to upgrade and did NOT want to go hunting and pecking for a lousy screwdriver this evening. and certainly in no mood for our Teodi! Do a double
Plus the connection issue is not the best at night for me here with the air pen doohickey which adds to the perpetual connection issue as is!! Seems everybody is using that one cell tower nearby. So getting the fuel, auction,messages, collection and keys is limiting. So folks bear with me with the keys..

anyhoo kinda quiet in here kids. .

Not even our Wulf or FF for me to pester, nor get a royal wave from. Wulf must have a headache already translating the German for all those people on the tour bus and plum worn out. Even our TSue is quiet, must be seriously working on that Guru level finally.
...Meanwhile back at the farm our Oddly is cutting linoleum in shapes closely resembling roof tiles (only available in Indonesia) for her cabinets.. Anyone I miss dissing? Oh Chestnut.....

Edited on 06/02/2015 at 4:24:40 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 2, 15 7:16 PM
TSue is in the state of shock. She just saw her dinosaur customization of the museum complex. It makes the pirate themed buildings look good. Need to ditch the dinos and start customizing to Ye Olde English pronto.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jun 2, 15 7:59 PM
Lord that bad Tsue? Those pirate buildings were bad as was! Worse is really awful then...LOL , thank goodness I never got to see mine in Dino mode.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Jun 2, 15 11:46 PM
TSueooo, don't say that! I love the dino's. I put my cursor over the eye and the critter blinks at me. Too bad I can't see the one's head, up top. =v=

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jun 3, 15 7:34 AM
Blue, Have you tried Antique Road Trip USA and Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming? They are not free, but they are great games. I have both and replay them periodically. They have a story line of sorts, and you get the feel of ART:AD. Plus, I really like the music better in ART USA.

I'm also looking for something else to play. I play MC, but I get burned out on that game if I play too much. I tried Nightfall and Wanderland and Found and Dark Manor and Agency 33, but none of them really captured my attention.

So, any other options anyone has run across?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jun 3, 15 8:59 AM
yes Nana I have played them,bought them actually. But for me this one was the best.
All the other ones you mention where all right I suppose.
Im playing this Big City Barcelona and its nice, easy and not repetitive as of yet but it is a finite game. Has pretty scenes too, NO PLOT, just find em and next...So its a brain relaxer and helps with my memory therapy better than the memory pills i forget to take.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jun 3, 15 9:24 AM
I definitely agree that ART:AD is the best, but then it was supposed to be ongoing for years as opposed to finite like the first two. I bought Big City Barcelona and am about half way through. I also have all the other Big City games and replay them every now and then when I feel like a little virtual trip somewhere.

What I'm really looking for is another online, semi-multi-player game like this one or AK or MC. I'm definitely not into the World of Warcraft stuff or anything like it. I was just wondering if anyone had run across another game that I can try out that has goals to achieve but no fighting.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jun 3, 15 12:17 PM
I also have all the Big City adventures...including Barcelona, which I just got using a coupon that had been sitting for a while. I love these...they're not super-challenging, but I like the mini-games in between each of the HOS. For that same sort of play, I also have a number of the Mystery P.I. series, and I have all the Ravenswood series. (Though Ravenswood is NOT for kids...the eternal bad guy in that series is downright creepy!) (Those may be part of the MCF series...though at the moment I wouldn't swear to it.)
I'm not quite sure where I'll go from here...who knows? My daughter keeps telling me to go to that site that sounds like a jumping stick, but I tried them years ago and didn't like it there. So I'll probably continue to be a fishy...just playing the games until I'm bored and then going on to something new and (temporarily) exciting.

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Jun 4, 15 6:40 AM
Big City London Story is pretty good. Has a story and mini games, other than just HOG. Try it!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 4, 15 11:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their suggestions on other games that are available for players. While we definitely know how difficult the announcement was to hear regarding ART, the Big Fish Games site does offer lots of other games to choose from. If players decide to not go the Free to Play route, it is always recommended to play the trial versions to get a feel for the game.

Since this thread isn't specific to ART and is starting to discuss other games, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. I do encourage users to PM each other if you would like to know more recommendations.

Thanks for your understanding. As always, you are welcome to PM any of the moderators if you have any additional questions or concerns.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: