[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 29, 15 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/29/2015 at 6:39:09 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Eternity here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 29, 15 6:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Hotel: Eternity here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Hotel: Eternity.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 30, 15 2:51 AM
Bringing this quote over from the CE forum:
shihtzumum wrote: I've played other Haunted Hotel games and none were even close to this storyline, which I found dark and not very interesting. The graphics were dark, not vivid detail, and the story might have been interesting if put in a different setting. I think reviewers are too quick with the 5 Star ratings and this definitely is not a ingenious game. I'd play this one if it were free but not worth any amount of money. Bring us back the good stories and gameplay and I'll be more than happy to purchase. The puzzles were simple and the HOs were old, nothing new here.
Seriously, what's up with all the 5-star ratings? Playing the demo, I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Instead it was the same old HOPA formula with all the same old techniques we've seen before -- magnets, improvised lock picks, rusty valves, glass shards, invisible ink, hooks needing chains, chains needing hooks, etc. etc. etc. There's even a spooky (not) guy in a mask talking through the myriad TV screens. I'm surprised he didn't have the voice of Vincent Price!

This "not ingenious" game will probably have some appeal for fishies new to the pond, but I think for experienced Big Fish HOPA players, it will be "Been there. Done that."

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 30, 15 5:27 PM
I enjoyed playing this game. Although the story was a bit weak and the game was mostly "things to do" it was a nice break. I don't recall there being a lot of hidden object scenes but there were a lot of puzzles which, to my personal enjoyment were easy. The game moved along smoothly, but I found myself squinting at some scenes as it was a bit dark and greyish.

I certainly don't have the harsh words for the game as the other reviewer had and since I'm pretty experienced playing these games I don't feel only "fish new to the pond" will be the only ones who will enjoy it.

Voice overs were good as were the animations and graphics and the transporter map was great once you got used to it. You had the opportunity to set "custom" settings so you could set the hint and skip to be fairly quick. That is always a plus. For an SE, it wasn't the longest game I've played but it was long enough. Maybe some won't find it worth full price, but I would recommend it on sale. I give it a 4- out of 5.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on May 30, 15 9:32 PM
roaming said,

Seriously, what's up with all the 5-star ratings?

I have wondered at that myself. Putting the same old gameplay into a different setting does not spell "entertainment" to me. Certainly not 5-star entertainment.

I'll have to add my vote to those who found this effort dull and pretty mindless. After a promising start, this game ended up being a "TAKE and PUT" game...take this here and put it there. The complex puzzles were SO simple they didn't deserve to be called "complex". I suppose it would be more accurate to call them multi-level puzzles.

I purchased the CE version after what was, I thought, a promising demo. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there. In this SE version there are only two multi-level puzzles. The remaining puzzles/mini-games are SO SIMPLE they are practically mindless. Especially when the solutions are right there. Its not even necessary to look at the directions for most of them. HOGs were average, like most we see today.

It was actually a blessing in disguise that the CE I purchased had a couple of tech issues. Customer Service (a nicer group you will never find) issued me a coupon for a replacement CE...that I used for another CE...with tech issues.

As a veteran player of this genre, there are times I LIKE a simpler game. Simpler...NOT mindless. There is nothing I dislike more than having puzzle answers "handed" to me. Gameplay that is all about opening this to open that, to open this, to open that...is a FAR cry from what I would call fun.

But, we all have different opinions as to what constitutes fun. As a new player I probably WOULD have liked this game. After playing the same formula game so often? Not much to get excited about.

Hope you find some fun today! Happy gaming!

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 5:09:26 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 12, 15 6:53 AM
same old same old, no buy here!

[Post New]by pswift11 on Jul 8, 15 11:17 AM
Very disappointed in this "Haunted Hotel Eternity" game. Lost my interest a lot, wasn't sure if I wanted to continue game but since I had purchased, before, trying it well, my BIG mistake, sorry I even purchased. My review a 2 1/2! (what was up with the ending? unless I had a glitch. Very disappointed!

Go to: