Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: Liberty Stone Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 30, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/30/2015 at 6:35:22 AM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: Liberty Stone Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MaryEl on May 30, 15 5:28 AM
Game looks to be a winner, however.....the Inventory, etc. at the bottom of the screen is almost too low. Wonder what the screen resolution is that I should be using.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: Liberty Stone Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 30, 15 6:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Off The Record: Liberty Stone Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 30, 15 3:59 PM
Hi bfgFlounder --

I don't stop by here very often, but I just wanted to say thank you. Not sure how long ago you added it, but thank you for emphasizing a mention of which device / platform a player is using. It is also important and very helpful to mention the operating system (Windows 8, OS X Yosemite, iOS 8.3, etc.). Perhaps you could add that to your purple text. Thank you!

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on May 31, 15 3:31 PM
The [devs deleted] BF team made one big embarrassing beginners mistake in the Strategy Guide - I hope they fix it just to avoid permanent squirming.

On the last page marked for "collectibles/morphing objects" they were to have 3 4-screen pictures labeled J, K and L. They left J completely out. There are only 2 pictures on the page!

Geez, which quality control geek was proof reading?

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 10:42:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Babochka on May 31, 15 4:38 PM
That's not the developers mistake, it's the BFG Team's mistake.

Check the credits, as is with most of the games currently released, the Strategy Guide is written and edited by a member of the BFG Team.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jun 1, 15 10:44 AM
Thank you for the clarification - I corrected my post and will take advantage of the knowledge to message straight to the Powers That Be.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 1, 15 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their feedback regarding the strategy guide in this particular game. We have passed along this information to the appropriate team and will update the Forums if we hear of anything.

For clarification, the strategy guides within the games are made from the developer. The walkthroughs that are published on the Big Fish Games site are posted by Big Fish Games employees.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Chapter 4: Bar Picture Mini Game

[Post New]by stitch619 on Jun 2, 15 8:42 PM
I don't know if anyone else has come across this bug. In trying to place the bottles in their correct order, when clicking on a bottle, it moves all the way to the left side of the screen. The other bottles subsequently then stack on top of each other on the far left when clicked. I am not able to move them back to the shelf and am now stuck. Please advise?

Thank you.

Edited on 06/03/2015 at 8:47:00 PM PST

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Jun 3, 15 10:03 PM
Cannot place the fire symbol in the top of the box. Game allowed me to place the smoke and water symbol in the top of the box but it will not allow me to place the fire symbol in the box top. The symbol will move from inventory to the location of the box top but when it is released for placing in the top of box it jumps back to inventory. I tried repeatedly to place it on box top so I could get the symbol to the hotel's executive suite room. I'm using Windows 8.1. I'd would like to play the rest of this game but I need a solution.

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Jun 3, 15 10:35 PM
I exited For the Record: Liberty Stone and gave the game a rest. When I returned to the game I had no problem putting the fire symbol on top of the box. The glitch was no longer there. Sorry about my previous post!

Edited on 06/03/2015 at 10:37:14 PM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 29, 15 3:29 PM
No sound whatsoever & a cursor with a mind of its own.

Changed to the regular cursor & it works find but still no sound. Very slow response time & the first puzzle, with the questions, just does not work. Tried to skip the puzzle & clicked on Yes but computer did not respond & could not go any further with game. I uninstalled/reinstalled with the same results.

Please don't tell me to go to those silly Help???? pages as they all read like gibberish to me. Where is the quality control so these issues do not happen?

[Post New]by julierstory80 on Jul 13, 15 1:30 AM
Morphing Objects for CE
In the SG I'm only shown 8/12 HOG that show where the Morphing objects are, I'm guessing this is a bug?

Please help since I've purchased this game I would like to have all the benefits of a CE.

Go to: