Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

How do i exit the game.

[Post New]by Gilead on May 31, 15 7:47 PM
Seriously, I've clicked the gear icon, wich usually promts a window within where the quit button is, bit not in this, only lets you toggle music, sounds and voices, change from and to full screen, see the credits (I thought with the credits came the exit button but nope), turn on/off tutorials, change language, and HQ wich does nothing.

Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:How do i exit the game.

[Post New]by Gilead on May 31, 15 8:10 PM
Ok found it, really not obvious, took me a while.

ckey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ckey on May 31, 15 9:34 PM
So, share the info. How does a person exit the game on the PC?

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jun 1, 15 4:43 AM
Click on the big red cross bottom right corner .

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 1, 15 6:43 AM
Wellll, that's one step. Unless I missed something, here's all the steps...

Use the II button on the game screen.
Click on the globe.
X the lady if she comes up and says where to next?
Use the II button again.
NOW click on the big red X on the right
Click on the red X again on the new window
Last, click on the checkmark - NOT the "X"

ckey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ckey on Jun 1, 15 12:46 PM
Thanks for the road map. Does anyone beside me think this is a lot to have to do just to quit a game? Not very intuitive either. I looked everywhere.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Jun 1, 15 7:32 PM
I have had the same problem finding the exit button. I have been hitting
Ctrl + Alt + delete and exiting through the task manger. Seems a bit easier than then having to have a list of entries to close out.

Just saying.......

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 1, 15 8:03 PM
Kirland wrote:I have had the same problem finding the exit button. I have been hitting Ctrl + Alt + delete and exiting through the task manger. Seems a bit easier than then having to have a list of entries to close out.
Just saying.......

Yep - a seven-step exit routine does seem excessive!

Your way, in steps for people who don't know it: (1) ctrl-alt-del for the menu, (2) left click on task manager, making sure you're on the applications tab when you get there, (3) left click on the game, (4) click on the end task button, (5) click on the confirm button. You've saved two steps...

However, if you're interested in the quickest way out, you can exit in three steps. (1) Press Ctrl + Esc to get the task bar (and start menu). (2) On the task bar, right-click on the Gummy Drop icon then (3) left click on "close window"

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 8:05:48 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 2, 15 9:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing the various methods you use to exit the game. Since the standard way to exit that cat52 outlined is sounding tedious for some, I'll share this feedback with the team. In the meantime, I hope that one of the alternate methods listed here will work for you.

bfgWaimea

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Jun 2, 15 10:04 AM
Thanks Cat52,

Your 3 step exit has proven the best method so far, it's fast and easy.

I almost deleted the game because I don't like to ctrl, alt, delete.

I am very surprised that the developers made the exit so complicated, unless they wanted to bombard us with the in store purchases while trying to figure out how to exit...lol.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited on 06/02/2015 at 10:05:25 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 3, 15 12:37 PM
HHSan wrote:I am very surprised that the developers made the exit so complicated, unless they wanted to bombard us with the in store purchases while trying to figure out how to exit...lol.

Thanks again for your help.

Now whatever would make you suspect those devs are trying to give us lots of chances to spend real money? I'm shocked by your cynicism (no I'm not, that was a joke)

You're welcome!

Heaven knows what will become of us all when Windows 10 rolls out.

[Post New]by laffdi on Jun 3, 15 2:25 PM
I just pushed esc on my computer and signed out of big fish then.

[Post New]by flutem13 on Jun 3, 15 4:09 PM
Thank you for the information. I couldn't get out either...even when I used ctrl alt delete!

I have another question which has nothing to do with exiting the game. Can another person play the game? I looked all over and didn't see a place where I could change players. Surely there is a place. If there isn't, I am not going to buy the game because my brother and I play games very differently from one another. I don't want him messing up my game! I am 74 and he is 71. I like to play and win. He just likes to fiddle around!

Thanks!

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jun 3, 15 5:15 PM
Playing on PC the easiest way to log out is to go to the pause buttons at the bottom left screen, go to the settings(gear looking button) then take it out of full screen mode.

Then when you exit you just click the red "X" in the upper right hand corner just as you would to close any program running in windows.

Once you do this you wont have to do it again, unless for whatever reason you do not like playing the game in windows mode.(I personally didnt find any difference once I made the "window" full screen. I found a major bonus is you can also minimize it very easily and wait for the spin to recharge(it will make the sound so you wont miss it)

You can make the window whatever size you want on your computer. If you do other things you can make it half your screen or smaller if you want.

[Post New]by LivingAsIf on Jun 6, 15 2:06 PM
Thank you to all the people who took the time to reply, I thought I was going bats not being able to get out of a game!

Nancy56789
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy56789 on Jun 16, 15 8:16 PM
Thank you! That complex exit was driving me crazy. I will try the 3-step exit next time I play.

nanciq
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by nanciq on Jul 8, 15 5:30 PM
I've been having an issue getting out of the game too. Very complicated. I hope it is fixed with the next update.

verekaren
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by verekaren on Jan 1, 16 4:16 PM
cat52 wrote:Wellll, that's one step. Unless I missed something, here's all the steps...

Use the II button on the game screen.
Click on the globe.
X the lady if she comes up and says where to next?
Use the II button again.
NOW click on the big red X on the right
Click on the red X again on the new window
Last, click on the checkmark - NOT the "X"

crazy right? this is the most weirdly convoluted exit I have ever seen!

Go to: