Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Contract with the Devil here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 2, 15 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/02/2015 at 6:25:18 AM PST

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Contract with the Devil here

[Post New]by julie421 on Jun 2, 15 2:12 AM
Impossible to open the game .I have Windows 8.Why ?

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 2, 15 5:22 AM
When I tried to download it said the installer was corrupted.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 2, 15 6:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Contract with the Devil to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jun 2, 15 8:09 AM
It won't open for me, either. Not bothering with tech as reading the reviews, it's not worth it. BFG has really, really gone down hill. Paul should be ashamed of himself.

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Jun 2, 15 11:29 AM
same issue, game won't open - task manager states not responding - I'm so disappointed with BF of late, what happened to all the great games like Syberia?!?! Poor show!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jun 2, 15 4:21 PM
This took 1 1/2 hrs to download 92%

Then turned to error downloading

Game manager will not respond- not working

Have to force quit

Windows 7

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jun 2, 15 10:23 PM
Hint has stopped working. Ugh!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 2, 15 11:20 PM
BetsLaw wrote:Hint has stopped working. Ugh!!!

This happened to me & fullyassembled . If you exit the game then when you start playing again, the hint will start working. You don't have to restart from the beginning. Just "Quit" then click Play.

HTH

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Jun 3, 15 4:49 AM
Just what I was looking for, thanks ganonsbane

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 3, 15 9:09 AM
Jeepers' I tried, big time to like this game, and I might have if it didn't freeze up on me when your trying to do the formula. Ahhh, Not worth it.

I lost my patience then......

[Post New]by gardenerNanny on Jun 8, 15 1:18 PM
HELP !! I am stuck on the family tree in the library..WHAT do I do here ????? Also, is there even another half to the record ?????? I really need help on these.

[Post New]by Sweeetsuz on Jun 11, 15 12:31 AM
I am in the mill mirror and I have done the puzzle on the gate/cabinet with the lady/angel bound with roses and thorns, nothing happened. I know it is right because all of the tiles have changed color. Also Browne has quit working. His lantern fills and when I press hint it empties but no hint and Browne does not change and it refills quickly to do nothing again. I am stuck

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 15, 15 2:39 PM
gardenerNanny wrote:HELP !! I am stuck on the family tree in the library..WHAT do I do here ????? Also, is there even another half to the record ?????? I really need help on these.

In the Upper Library, where you can see the Record on the Table, You need to get the CANDLE in the Upper Left Corner of the screen. Then Zoom-in on the Record. While in the Close-up, Zoom-in on the Lamp over the railing. Light the CANDLE then put your Cursor in the Center of the screen to go down the stairs in front of the Family Tree. On the Ground Floor, check the Portrait & use the BURNING CANDLE to light the candles beside the Portrait.

That should get you back on track

trishny
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by trishny on Jun 22, 15 7:27 PM
I have been stuck on the three stones , I got two different answers in the forum on how to press the stoes and I tried both ways and still can't get it to work, why? do I have to give up another game.

WENTPOSTAL
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by WENTPOSTAL on Jul 24, 15 4:19 PM
can't get the game to work. it gpens, I clicked play and the gnome shows up. clicked exit and everything repeats.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

demo will not open

[Post New]by lizamama on Sep 8, 15 5:16 AM
running windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

i downloaded and installed the demo in the BFG app ver 3.3.0.2 (2.8) clicked the play button and game would not open. it goes to a window that says i have 60 minutes of trial to my game so i clicked "play now" and nothing happens. tried exiting and reopening the app. shut down my PC and switched on and restarted the app etc etc but nope will not run. so i uninstalled the game, redownloaded and reinstalled the game but now when i clicked to play it says trial expired.

so i guess i will not waste a game credit just to see if i like the game and what if the game will not play anyway.

[Post New]by HKgirl1816 on Sep 14, 15 4:43 PM
I believe this is a tech issue. I was working on the level where the gambling demon appears. I opened the part where you place all the demons and get information (I forget what it's called). I have not caught the gambling demon, but I am stuck on that part. I cannot go back to the area where I can catch the gambling demon. When I try to go back, it stays on the location where all the demons are placed when you catch them. Help says to go back, but the game will not go back.

Go to: