bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 4, 15 12:29 AM
All the adults have vanished. Is it a child's dream, or nightmare? You wake on the morning of your birthday to find that things aren't at all the way you pictured for your sweet 16. Can you find out what's happened overnight to turn your world upside down? From Elephant Games comes the continuation of the popular and edgy Surface series. Unlock the Secret Room, where you'll find more hidden-object and mini-game play. But be careful what you wish for...

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 4, 15 2:41 AM
Same, same!

It does appear to be a great game so far.
Only one thing, when I clicked on the box that tells you how many flowers you have collected it took me to the collections screen and then froze!
Had to restart it. Hope its not an indication there might be some bugs lurking about!

Off to get back into it now

Edited on 06/04/2015 at 2:41:51 AM PST

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Jun 4, 15 2:59 AM
Nothing new as usual, boring!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 4, 15 3:26 AM
I can imagine that this game will appeal to a lot of people. But the graphics ruined it for me, started off alright but were grainy once outside the house. A bit like they were in MCF Shadow Lake.
And I am not a fan of the series, so I'll pass..

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Jun 4, 15 7:59 AM
Bonus screens, saw the flowers OK, but went to see the secret room and got stuck. Ctl Alt Del didn't work so had to restart my computer manually. Yes I agree with some of the screens being grainy looking, but not all of them.

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Jun 4, 15 9:48 AM
Really enjoyed this game but found it super short It felt like half a game to me, as if they had cut out parts of it and just rushed it to the ending. Disappointed and very glad I used the sale code. I would have not been happy to pay 14.00$ for a two hour game.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 4, 15 11:43 AM
I agree Firebird, way too short but, that is not the reason I don't like this game. I detest amusement parks and way too many developers are using that tired theme, wouldn't have bought it if I had tested it first. Other than that, the game is truly creepy with a very bad little girl's mind games. Also do not like the soft focus especially in HOS.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 4, 15 1:23 PM
Sounds like I'm in the minority but I like this game. it doesn't appear to be too short to me and anyway I get bored after a while when the game goes on too long.

Hos are interactive, puzzles easy. I think the graphics could have been sharper. The game however kept me entertained and that's what its all about anyway.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Jun 4, 15 3:40 PM
re: too long/too short! please I am tired of all the whining! if you are playing and enjoying great. if not, please do no disparage the group that likes it! we all have our personal dislikes etc., every game is not for everyone,! I hope we can agree to disagree, and still remain gamers who are always looking for the next breakout game. and in the meantime, I will try to enjoy what there is out there NOW. thanks and have a great weekend,,,,,,,,,gen

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jun 4, 15 4:18 PM
geninfo4 wrote:re: too long/too short! please I am tired of all the whining! if you are playing and enjoying great. if not, please do no disparage the group that likes it! we all have our personal dislikes etc., every game is not for everyone,! I hope we can agree to disagree, and still remain gamers who are always looking for the next breakout game. and in the meantime, I will try to enjoy what there is out there NOW. thanks and have a great weekend,,,,,,,,,gen

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 5, 15 12:45 AM
True. Everybody has his own taste. For me this is one of the best games ever.
It is in the line with the series: dark, creepy and a real adventure into phantasy.

For me: 5 stars!!!!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 5, 15 2:48 AM
mhatfie wrote:Sounds like I'm in the minority but I like this game. it doesn't appear to be too short to me and anyway I get bored after a while when the game goes on too long.

Hos are interactive, puzzles easy. I think the graphics could have been sharper. The game however kept me entertained and that's what its all about anyway.

I agree completely!

BTW Charles and Camilla did come for tea and crumpets but I had to turn them away but all other 8 reasons were correct. LOL!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 5, 15 8:42 AM
I'm tempted to say that I am tired of posters telling others what they may or may not mention.

For some of "us" the info that a game, esp. a CE, is seen as short or long enough -- both opinions just like any other about a game, esp. if they come with an explanatory statement (like ending felt rushed, etc.) -- is helpful, for several and different reasons.
Both posts in this thread that made a statement re. the length clearly used the "I" form. Why that would be "disparaging" to other opinions or "whining", is beyond me.

"We" can easily agree to disagree on any personal statement (that's what reviews and comments always are ), but please, don't do it in a way that discourages the few posters that are left here and take the time to post their opinion on a game. Thank you.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 5, 15 10:32 AM
_DD_ wrote:I'm tempted to say that I am tired of posters telling others what they may or may not mention.

For some of "us" the info that a game, esp. a CE, is seen as short or long enough -- both opinions just like any other about a game, esp. if they come with an explanatory statement (like ending felt rushed, etc.) -- is helpful, for several and different reasons.
Both posts in this thread that made a statement re. the length clearly used the "I" form. Why that would be "disparaging" to other opinions or "whining", is beyond me.

"We" can easily agree to disagree on any personal statement (that's what reviews and comments always are ), but please, don't do it in a way that discourages the few posters that are left here and take the time to post their opinion on a game. Thank you.

I had the exact same thoughts. Thank you for expressing it.

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Jun 5, 15 10:06 PM
I too like to know if someone considers a game too long/too short when i purchase a game for my hard earned pennies the length of a game for me is a serious consideration as to whether i can consider it worth the cash sorry to those who dont like to hear if it is too long/short posts but there are many of us that do and sometimes use this as part of their decision making and the only person who i consider has the right to say what a member can or cannot post is a big fishy mod

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 6, 15 3:26 PM
_DD_ wrote:I'm tempted to say that I am tired of posters telling others what they may or may not mention.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 7, 15 1:02 AM
I don't think anyone would have to justify why and how they draw conclusions for their game decision from the description of others, be it length, amount of HOS or puzzles, their difficulty, or in general fun.

The questions you pondered, Valdy, are rather for the review post than the one reading it, IMO, cos: It becomes easier to understand the review/comment of a poster the better, i.e. detailed, their description is, what I called explanatory statements above. And including the 'playing background' of the commenting/reviewing poster helps to compare with one's own habits (which is why some have their favo(u)rite reviewers after some time). All that would give an idea of how they played and came to their conclusion about the game.

Of course, it's true that in the end, I and "we all" can only judge a game from our own experience. But why someone else chooses not to demo themselves, or only after having seen some opinions on it, is, again, not for anyone else to question.

I would simply trust them to be able to make their decisions from whatever they choose.

Edited on 06/07/2015 at 1:07:01 AM PST

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Jun 12, 15 6:14 AM
geninfo4 wrote:re: too long/too short! please I am tired of all the whining! if you are playing and enjoying great. if not, please do no disparage the group that likes it! we all have our personal dislikes etc., every game is not for everyone,! I hope we can agree to disagree, and still remain gamers who are always looking for the next breakout game. and in the meantime, I will try to enjoy what there is out there NOW. thanks and have a great weekend,,,,,,,,,gen

Surely that's what this forum is for....a good moan or a good praise. Don't read them if you find them stressful.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Nov 28, 15 6:43 AM
I know it's 2015 but I still like MCF and MCF return to. However like an idiot I deleted them when I didn't have much space and have reinstalled them to play periodically. Now I can't play them as they both ignore me when I press play. Is it because I have updated my pc? I have an imac OS X El Capitan.

Go to: