Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 4, 15 12:48 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/04/2015 at 6:12:46 AM PST

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jun 4, 15 1:44 AM
Don't go to the "Secret Room". Can't get out. BACK button does not work. Had to restart computer.

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Jun 4, 15 3:02 AM
Got stuck in the secret room as well

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jun 4, 15 3:26 AM
I am getting a code and the game will not play. Windows 7

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 4, 15 5:14 AM
Windows 7 Home Professional 64 bit

Bonus game. Began to play the "video game" and everything froze. Couldn't reset, back out, skip...nothing. Had to resort to the task manager to shut it all down.

Would everyone please list your operating systems so its obvious if it is a problem with a particular system?

I went ahead and requested a replacement game. Really tired of tech issues.

Edited on 06/04/2015 at 9:27:11 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 4, 15 6:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jun 4, 15 7:07 AM
Whoa, I had that same issue with the game. I too clicked the Secret Room in the Bonus and the game locked up and I had to start my task manager to close the game. This is such a glaring technical issue that I am really surprised that it was not caught before the game was released.

In the past, issues with game performance were very rare and now it seems that almost every game that is released has some technical issue that prevents the game from running properly. As a suggestion, BFG should get rid of their QA team and start from scratch. This is becoming unacceptable. Yes I can get a replacement game but I want to play this game today and don't want to have to wait for a fix.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; 2,90ghz and 32GB memory.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 4, 15 8:57 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to stop in.

Our QA team is working to investigate this as we speak. It isn't something that we encountered during the testing that was completed by our teams or the the developer's but we're using the details shared here in the forum to narrow down some common traits between impacted systems.

As soon as we learn more we'll update this thread.

bfgMurrumbidgee

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 4, 15 10:16 AM
I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game when I entered the Secret Room as well. I restarted the game and was able to enter and exit the Secret Room without the freezing issue but it appears that none of options work in there other than the Back button.

[Post New]by Scubadoobiedoo on Jun 4, 15 11:09 AM
I'm using a Macbook 10.7 and the game will not play. I push play and I get the "game quit unexpectedly, ignore, send report or retry". I retried, uninstalled & reinstalled but it's a no go.

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Jun 4, 15 1:09 PM
Had the same secret room issue. I entered from the game prompt after I collected enough flowers. Once in I could not do anything except task manager out of the game. Runnings Windows 8.1 64 bit.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jun 4, 15 1:50 PM
Another bug! I failed to pickup the dog's tale located next to the bow case; I cannot get back to the bow case. These constant issues are really becoming beyond annoying!

iMac, OSX 10.10.3

[Post New]by Lramos on Jun 4, 15 2:05 PM
Secret Room - no way out like the others said, had to ctrl/alt/del then restart the game.

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lilcaz on Jun 4, 15 3:56 PM
Had exactly the same problem as 9otters. 'Video game' froze and I had to use task manager to close game.

[Post New]by fangmcgee on Jun 4, 15 7:07 PM
Same problem with the dog tail; on Mac OS X Yosemite.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 5, 15 12:41 AM
Hi all,

concerning the secret room: I got this "no way out"-issue too, before I finished the main game. After finishing this - no problem at all. So it seems, that this room needs to be "filled" with your achievements first!!!

Haha. But it is a small glitch, as you are invited to visit the room during the main game, and if you go there and cannot go back to the game, there is a problem.

[Post New]by nancyatchi on Jun 5, 15 1:23 PM
Using iMac 10-7. Same as another Mac user, the game supposedly downloaded and activated, but when trying to play, I get the message that the game quit unexpectedly.

I've reinstalled it several times and still get the same message. It seemed to me that the file name that downloaded was shorter than usual, so I wonder if that's the problem: bigfishgames_p236426652_s1_l1-4.app/

Anyway, I'm ready to ask for a refund. When you want to spend some downtime playing a game, the last thing you want to do is fill out a detailed problem report and wait for someone to figure stuff out.

tomboy4
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomboy4 on Jun 5, 15 3:29 PM
Secret Room froze...had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of game. I'm going to try again...just read most of the comments with same problem I'm having....no fun (:-((

[Post New]by doingthecatsmeow on Jun 5, 15 4:19 PM
My game wont load keeps having issues in loading

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jun 5, 15 5:28 PM
Well, 2nd game in 2 weeks I can't finish. The first is "Mythic Wonders", still waiting for a fix. Now this one, stuck in the bonus game, could only get (1) of the dream catchers & now I cannot finish.

Anybody else have this problem?

I went back in & reset the bonus game & was able to finish.

Edited on 06/05/2015 at 6:43:39 PM PST

Go to: