klockwood
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Update

[Post New]by klockwood on Jun 4, 15 3:41 PM
I don't automatically see the new update and it's not available in my downloads. Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why should I have to delete and reload just to play the end of the game? The way things are going that probably won't work either.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Update

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 5, 15 12:52 AM
Here's how to do it manually:

1. Open BF Game manager
2. Go to Options
3. Click the Downloads tab
4. Under Game Updates, make sure to enable manual downloads

Any updates should now show up.

Hope that helps?

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jun 5, 15 9:14 AM
I also am NOT showing an update available. When I go through the manual process its says NO updates available. I even deleted and reloaded the game- Still the same thing- still stuck at placing the zodiac animals

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 5, 15 1:46 PM
azrt wrote:I also am NOT showing an update available. When I go through the manual process its says NO updates available. I even deleted and reloaded the game- Still the same thing- still stuck at placing the zodiac animals

Hi azrt,

BF Moderator posted the update on Jun 2nd. Not sure if the update reaches all members on the same date! Perhaps you should try again, in a day or two?

Check out the Moderator's post here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/409140.page

Edited on 06/05/2015 at 1:53:37 PM PST

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jun 5, 15 7:26 PM
Thanks- I had read that post- and the fact that many others were having the same issues. They did say however, in that statement that if you unloaded and reloaded the game you would get the updates and I did that several times. So? I don't know- am I supposed to restart the game from the beginning to get the "updates" to take? I am pretty much sick of it.

Edited on 06/05/2015 at 7:27:16 PM PST

[Post New]by OhioCrazyCatLady on Jun 6, 15 10:26 AM
I am also not seeing the update even after I do the "manual" thing. This is very frustrating! I live out in the country where you have to get internet by satellite, so I have a limit on how much I can download. Therefore I can't afford to uninstall and reinstall over and over. Please BFG fix this game.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 6, 15 11:44 AM
Sometimes game updates do not get pushed through to the Game Manager. I cannot explain why. If a game update doesn't come through automatically, I have never seen the manual update tool in the Game Manager work either. See below for what you need to do.

If you delete the game from the Game Manager and then go to this website and go to Your Account and to your game purchase history, you can find this game and re-install it. The latest game version will install itself on your machine. Your saved games will still be on your computer and you will have the latest update.

I know it's a hassle, but it will get you the latest update. It is what I have had to do myself many times (including this one) so I feel your pain, but also know that it works. Good luck!

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jun 7, 15 6:14 PM
yeah- already had done that several times- still the same.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 7, 15 10:54 PM
After updating I decided to exit and let the game save itself whenever it started to get 'sticky'. and yes the start and save took 30 seconds each but that was okay

Between the updates on my GM (my GM was over a year old) and the game I got to finish all of it I liked this game enough to really want to complete it and not get a replacement/refund.

Had there been anymore glitches I was going to try "run as administrator" but that step was not needed

I hope that tweeks will allow you all to complete Mythic Wonders: Child of Prophecy Collector's Edition

Played on desktop PC running Win.7 - 64bit

Go to: