pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Map not interactive

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Jun 4, 15 3:46 PM
I am very disappointed to find that the maps are not interactive. Having to back out of so many screens each time you find something new is exhausting. The maps are also very confusing with more than one and not really lining up enough to tell which section is connected where. I am only in the first chapter and get lost a lot. The mini games are challenging and the game itself is great but I don't know how much of it I can continue with all the back and forth and getting lost over and over. It reminds me of some of the Nancy Drew games where you spend half your time going back and forth in boat or a car etc. I would much rather get further in the game then have to figure out each time which way I went, which I usually get wrong, or try to figure out the maps. Going from one map to the other is the hardest but honestly, with the sophistication in this game, I would have thought the map would be interactive so you can just go to where you need to go.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Map not interactive

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Jun 10, 15 6:30 AM
pysanky13 wrote:I am very disappointed to find that the maps are not interactive. Having to back out of so many screens each time you find something new is exhausting. The maps are also very confusing with more than one and not really lining up enough to tell which section is connected where. I am only in the first chapter and get lost a lot. The mini games are challenging and the game itself is great but I don't know how much of it I can continue with all the back and forth and getting lost over and over. It reminds me of some of the Nancy Drew games where you spend half your time going back and forth in boat or a car etc. I would much rather get further in the game then have to figure out each time which way I went, which I usually get wrong, or try to figure out the maps. Going from one map to the other is the hardest but honestly, with the sophistication in this game, I would have thought the map would be interactive so you can just go to where you need to go.

I agree completely. After a while I have to stop playing because it just makes me angry to get lost in the rooms. I thought the map would make things easier, but noooo....

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Map not interactive

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jun 10, 15 7:27 AM
I think there were about 65 rooms in that mansion. I ended up knowing my way around quite well. Now I very rarely buy a game without a transporter map. Elephant Games usually put you in back and forth, back and forth hell, too, so I don't buy many of them anymore, either.

Go to: