Is there a point to collecting the collectibles?

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 4, 15 10:15 PM
I know what needs to be found.
What I don't get is if there is something to do once you collect them.
It says something like this mosaic will open after you finish level 1.
Got the 4 pieces and finished first part of game.
I click on the mosaic and if I try to click on something it just closes.
It looks like things can be moved. Or it is some type of mini-game?
Usually this dev has collectibles and when you collect them they are a character from the game or some type of animal.
And they give you a little info on that collectible.
So what is the point for this game?
You search for these tiny pieces. I just would like some satisfaction for finding these pieces.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Is there a point to collecting the collectibles?

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 5, 15 7:19 AM
There are several threads about this subject. "Secret Room", "CE or SE", "Bonus Content"...maybe a couple more.

The mosaic pieces that are collected throughout the game just end up being a group of four pictures that look like stained glass.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 5, 15 4:41 PM
Thanks.
I guess I'm not crazy about the fact that these pieces we collect really have no kind of shape to them. Not to mention they are hard to spot if you can't see as well as you once were able to see before.
I read a couple threads but none that I read explained what the point was to these collectibles. Other than they were part of the mosaic.
I also read that others are having a hard time spotting them.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 16, 15 7:26 PM
This was a mistake. You are supposed to be able to play a HOP in those mosaic pictures. An update has been posted, for PC only, as of June 12. The thread is at the top of the first page of this forum, entitled "Critical Update- Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition (PC)- June 12, 2015". The post mentions the following:

"This update includes:

• A fix for those extra HOPs not unlocking after obtaining all necessary collectibles and stained glasses found.
• A fix for the achievement not obtained after completeling 4 extra HOPs and collecting all 12 stars in the Secret Room"

Wish they'd post an update for Mac too!

Go to: